Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef price tracker 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭kk.man

morphy87 wrote: »
    If you were to predict a price for late August early September what would you predict the base price to be?

Big finisher was told it will hold till the glut comes out or the weather breaks. I'd expect good weather in the aforementioned time span.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

In any normal year May prices are the highest. She’s cattle dry up and grass cattle aren’t fit. Are we seeing that peak a couple of weeks earlier or will it continue up to the June bank holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

4 flat for mix of over and under 30 month mostly friesian, few overage Hereford’s on load.
    Good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

Jjameson wrote: »
    4 flat for mix of over and under 30 month mostly friesian, few overage Hereford’s on load.
    Good or bad?

4 on grid 420 lose 18 for o= is 402.
    HE bonus will more than balance the overage.
    I wouldn't be that happy unless they are poor grading fr

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

epfff wrote: »
    4 on grid 420 lose 18 for o= is 402.
    HE bonus will more than balance the overage.
    I wouldn't be that happy unless they are poor grading fr

It would depend on the amount of overage on the load. An 30-36 month HE grading O+ is 4-O.12+.08 or 3.96/kg at4/kg base. O- bullock is 3.88 underage and 3.76 over 30 months, An O=animal is 3.94/kg under 30 months and 3.9/kg over 30 months.

Even if all the HE that are over age the all graded Rand every FR graded O= it wouldn't beat the 4/kg flat price. You want 4..05 of a base and good grading to beat that.

Just saw there may be underage HE on the load are there many

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

It would depend on the amount of overage on the load. An 30-36 month HE grading O+ is 4-O.12+.08 or 3.96/kg at4/kg base. O- bullock is 3.88 underage and 3.76 over 30 months, An O=animal is 3.94/kg under 30 months and 3.9/kg over 30 months.

Even if all the HE that are over age the all graded Rand every FR graded O= it wouldn't beat the 4/kg flat price. You want 4..05 of a base and good grading to beat that.

Just saw there may be underage HE on the load are there many

Her are big plain overage as far as I know.
    Fr are Holstein but underage

Her are big plain overage as far as I know.
    Fr are Holstein but underage

So FR will probably grade O-/=even at 60%O=/40%O-is 3.98/kg. if the HE are plain will a few slip into O= you could be looking at an average of 3.93/3.94average.
    TBH you should have a fair idea of the grades yourself. I have not killed cattle since early February grading had slipped back since last summer from what I could see.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

Any quotes for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

Duke92 wrote: »
    Any quotes for next week

410blk
    415 heifers
    Hearing another 5 cents but don't know where to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Jb1989

epfff wrote: »
    410blk
    415 heifers
    Hearing another 5 cents but don't know where to get it

I'll keep harping on about donegal with the extra 10 c between the weights. Haven't heard quotes lately, but they always in the running around this area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭locha

For the first time in years I got a load off at a flat price. Underage steers. Os no Rs. 4.30 flat. Factory would never have entertained a flat price previously and I have tried.

With the way the spring is there will not be a lot of cattle coming off grass for 8-10weeks

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭downtown3858

locha wrote: »
    For the first time in years I got a load off at a flat price. Underage steers. Os no Rs. 4.30 flat. Factory would never have entertained a flat price previously and I have tried.

What factory is that

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Hershall

With the way the spring is there will not be a lot of cattle coming off grass for 8-10weeks

Have continental bks here they will need about 7 weeks of meal feeding in order to go early july and hope the price holds.

locha wrote: »

Well done, no beating that on a lucky machine grader.

Well done, no beating that on a lucky machine grader.

What did you do with yours Jj

Slava Ukrainii

What did you do with yours Jj

An in law relation. Let them on. I think it was a good job all in all. Independent manual grading o- mostly. Some o=!including Hereford. Would of been some p had they went to Larry.

calves his grandsons got for free in jan 19 from a dairy farmer finished grazing a catch crop came into 1346 for a Jex and 1567 for a good fr Holstein

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

What are R grade cows making?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

tanko wrote: »
    What are R grade cows making?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Base price

AIBP are to buy out Slaney, ICM and Linden foods - I wonder what the competition authority have to say about that :rolleyes:
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/abp-to-take-over-remainder-of-slaney-icm-and-linden-620346

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Base price wrote: »
    AIBP are to buy out Slaney, ICM and Linden foods - I wonder what the competition authority have to say about that :rolleyes:
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/abp-to-take-over-remainder-of-slaney-icm-and-linden-620346

I think they own 40% already so the fighting is over

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Base price wrote: »

Whatever Massa wants them to say.

wrangler wrote: »
    I think they own 40% already so the fighting is over

They were never in competition anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

anyone here any quotes for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭DBK1

anyone here any quotes for next week?
    Heifers in the midlands still at €4.15 for next Tuesday morning anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

€4.10 for bullocks this week in the local factory. Half tempted to send a few. Have 5 600-640kgs, weighed during the week. Plenty of room in them if I wanted to feed on but it comes at the risk of the price in the summer dropping. With QA they'd be hitting €4.30 with 2 probably O+. Any thoughts? Main thing I'd be thinking is fat score but they seem fairly okay.

I remember back in 2019 I killed half the stock in June and the other half in October and found that I was done ave €40/head compared to if I had sent them in June owing to the price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭cute geoge

If I had plenty of grass I would not panic yet ,your weights are pretty poor ,prices wont drop big that fast hopefully .I would be inclined to give them a dust of meal at them weights you have ,what breed have you ?unless aa I would be holding tough anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

T0001 wrote: »
    €4.10 for bullocks this week in the local factory. Half tempted to send a few. Have 5 600-640kgs, weighed during the week. Plenty of room in them if I wanted to feed on but it comes at the risk of the price in the summer dropping. With QA they'd be hitting €4.30 with 2 probably O+. Any thoughts? Main thing I'd be thinking is fat score but they seem fairly okay.

I remember back in 2019 I killed half the stock in June and the other half in October and found that I was done ave €40/head compared to if I had sent them in June owing to the price drop.
    Are they fat?

T0001 wrote: »

What breed are they

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Killed my first load this week. Weights were fine but killing off grass in May they never kill more than they look like later in the year.

Advertisement