Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terror incident in Paris

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Politician takes no action - gets criticised.

Politician takes action - gets criticised by the SAME people. You couldn't make it up really.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Possibly the best way to handle criminal immigrants and jihadis is deportation.
    Permanent deportation should be included as default for any crime that includes any jail time.
    If you have citizenship and commit a crime the first 10 years here, your citizenship is stripped and you are deported.

For any terror related crimes the entire extended family is deported.
    That way if the jihadist himself is killed he knows the family will be stripped of citizen's rights and sent away.
    This should incentivise the family to keep their young warriors in check.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Gervais08 wrote: »
    More of this - until they realise that no one gives a stuff for their precious paedophilie prophet the better!

"They" are willing to kill people who offend their views, so they're much more likely to intimidate their opposition first. The vast majority of media and politicians are already intimidated and cowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

Sand wrote: »
    "They" are willing to kill people who offend their views, so they're much more likely to intimidate their opposition first. The vast majority of media and politicians are already intimidated and cowed.

Still, mass resistance is the only effective answer to the mass intimidation. It will start happening, eventually. I took heart from seeing the one solitary guy holding up a copy of Charlie Hebdo amid the sea of Je Suis Prof recently. Hopefully defiance spreads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

seenitall wrote: »
    Still, mass resistance is the only effective answer to the mass intimidation. It will start happening, eventually. I took heart from seeing the one solitary guy holding up a copy of Charlie Hebdo amid the sea of Je Suis Prof recently. Hopefully defiance spreads.

Hopefully so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

There a large numbers of feminists putting stickers of muhammed all over the place in France. Projecting Hebdo cartoons onto government buildings.

There a large numbers of feminists putting stickers of muhammed all over the place in France. Projecting Hebdo cartoons onto government buildings.

That’s interesting, I didn’t know that. :)

They sound like a very different breed of feminists to the Swedish ones, anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

That’s interesting, I didn’t know that. :)

They sound like a very different breed of feminists to the Swedish ones, anyway!
    There was a television documentary and numerous news reports on how French women were refused service in French cafes all around France because ...... they were women. They were refused by Muslim cafe owners and staff. Maybe French women got fed up with that.

And Sweden has probably not caught up to that level of misogyny ..... yet.
    How anyone can defend this is beyond my capability for understanding.

Kivaro wrote: »
    There was a television documentary and numerous news reports on how French women were refused service in French cafes all around France because ...... they were women. They were refused by Muslim cafe owners and staff. Maybe French women got fed up with that.

Same here. The Swedes seem to be in some kind of denial/delusion. Should be interesting to see how that will work out for them in the next few decades.

An awful lot of stuff is said about Sweden.

I wonder how much of it is even remotely accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Yes, but it goes beyond that though. What I mean by that is that the trash who are on trial for the 2015 massacre, were for the most part a bunch of drug addled partiers before they engaged in that holy errand. Heck, one of those guys was a hanger on at his brother's bar in Belgium.
    They were all troubled, ****ed up petty criminals in search of a meaning for their empty lives. They found a way of chastising society by making their holy rules fit their hatred for the chaos of living in a Western environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

An awful lot of stuff is said about Sweden.
    I wonder how much of it is even remotely accurate.
    Such as the female only music event (a world first), due to new fears of sexytime harassment at the country's largest music festival?

Was very widely reported across the media.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/statement-festival-sweden-women-only-lineup-metoo-sexual-assault-pictures-a8518181.html
    Still progress and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

The problem with a reaction from the right (or the middle or the left) is *that* reaction will inevitably be corrupt. Yes it's needed, and the sooner the better. Suppressing the reaction leads to further perversion, actual racism for example. This is another downside of not having appropriate reactions (or free speech) on time.

No, two friends of mine, both heavy into the whole virtue signalling have moved to Sweden. He is moaning that a man stepped in front of her while queuing in the
    shop, when he called him up on it he was told "she's just a woman" :D
    Hilarious stuff. Same fella denies the truck attack in Sweden was a terrorist attack. They live outside Malmo, I suppose they are kind of used to terrorism.
    Swedes (like she is) are generally afraid to say anything, Norwegians or Finns less so.

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    Yes, but it goes beyond that though. What I mean by that is that the trash who are on trial for the 2015 massacre, were for the most part a bunch of drug addled partiers before they engaged in that holy errand. Heck, one of those guys was a hanger on at his brother's bar in Belgium.
    They were all troubled, ****ed up petty criminals in search of a meaning for their empty lives. They found a way of chastising society by making their holy rules fit their hatred for the chaos of living in a Western environment.
    It seems some of the Moroccans in France are a lot more backward than those living in Morocco. I think as immigrants they try to hold on to some tradition / identity, while back home they are (largely) free to move on wear jeans skirts etc. There can be generational problems with integration, some of it leading to failed lives and lost opportunity. That's why Germany and Swedens lack of immigration policy is potentially disastrous.

It seems some of the Moroccans in France are a lot more backward than those living in Morocco. I think as immigrants they try to hold on to some tradition / identity, while back home they are (largely) free to move on wear jeans skirts etc. There can be generational problems with integration, some of it leading to failed lives and lost opportunity. That's why Germany and Swedens lack of immigration policy is potentially disastrous.

One of the reasons for this shift toward fundamentalism, or strictures upon the community, is that the French government agreed to funding the construction of mosques by the Saudis. Along with the handy terms on construction, there followed radical preaching from the radical Imams, etc...

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    the French government agreed to funding the construction of mosques by the Saudis.

Just like Ireland, then...

I wasn't aware of that...

Yeah the Clonskeagh Mosque for example. I lived next to it for years, had very little trouble with them tbh. Biggest problem was a bosnian fella decided to start burning cars in the estate, because "allah told him to do it", he burnt a beautiful ferrari 360 Modena. Tragic, but could have been a real tragedy if some of those timber frame houses burnt up. The cops were always prowling about though, seemed interested in them, there were some "personalities" there.
    Found some background on the Mosque, I haven't read it myself yet but seems interesting:
    https://markhumphrys.com/clonskeagh.html

Anti racism protestors counter anti Islam protestors :-)
    https://www.thejournal.ie/clonskeagh-mosque-protest-1914647-Feb2015/#slide-slideshow7

Subtle "I lived in an area where people owned Ferraris" post. :p

I used to rent around the corner from that place, never saw any Ferraris though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I did an interesting check there a few days ago I searched this site for the threads from when Charlie Hebdo terrorist attacks happened and I found the same old liberal lefty trolls/defender's of Islam making light of the situation, and you'll know them when you see them the ones who tried to make a joke of it with smiley and winky emojis, some posters who's accounts became so toxic they closed their accounts and created new ones with usernames that were a play on their old ones. None of them condemned the attacks and tried to victim blame. The same toxic posters are still on boards and doing their very best to get anyone who goes against their narrative carded.

As for the swedes they seem to nice for their own good, I won't forget one. Terrorist attack there were the school girl for basically cut in two by some Muslim terrorist attack in Stockholm in 2017. Their government should have started to come down hard on theses Terrorist ghettos. What's the name of that failed Irish so called journalist who lies through his teeth to say there is no migrant problem in Sweden Philip O'Connor that's his name. Yet the twat lives in Stockholm
    Also I fully back any of these islamic terrorists and their familes. immediately deported to whatever migrated from even one or two generations back.
    The one good thing Macron has done is fight back against this backwards religion. Shame the Irish government refuse to learn from other countries experiences of the religion of Peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Islamist Erdogan insults Macron

France has recalled its ambassador to Turkey for consultations after President Recep Tayyip Erdogan insulted his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron.

He said Mr Macron needed a mental health check for pledging to defend secular values and fight radical Islam
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54678826

There are approximately 4500 Turks in Ireland, do they stand with Macron or Erdogan? Ask your Turkish friend today.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

biko wrote: »
    Islamist Erdogan insults Macron

France has recalled its ambassador to Turkey for consultations after President Recep Tayyip Erdogan insulted his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron.

He said Mr Macron needed a mental health check for pledging to defend secular values and fight radical Islam
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54678826

There are approximately 4500 Turks in Ireland, do they stand with Macron or Erdogan? Ask your Turkish friend today.

The way I see it, if people choose to live in France, they should abide by French customs. Same if someone chooses to live in Turkey. An immigrant might not share those customs or values but it's wrong to expect the country to change to accommodate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Erdoğan is an enemy of Europe and of Liberal secular values. Its about time him and his cronies where held to account.

🙈🙉🙊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

You wouldn't want to upset the Turks too much, he previously threatended to splurge 3m of the unwanted (illegal economic migrants) into Europe, if no extra eu-monies were forthcoming. This would only lead to Germany/Sweden and France's woes, Macron is already nervous of loosing to the Pen 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/1025/1173833-macron-france/

If youre buying a bottle of wine or some cheese over the next while, consider something French.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Erdoğan is an enemy of Europe and of Liberal secular values. Its about time him and his cronies where held to account.

Thankfully no more talk of Turkey joining the EU.

statesaver wrote: »
    Thankfully no more talk of Turkey joining the EU.

Good news for us but bad news for journalists, women, gays, minorities, secularists and political opposition within Turkey.

What Macron is defending here are the European ideals whereby we can take the piss out of politicians, prophets and demagogues. The juxtaposition between himself and Erdogan here is apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/1025/1173833-macron-france/

If youre buying a bottle of wine or some cheese over the next while, consider something French.

Oh the irony of the islasmic countries,

From the above article ...... Such boycotts are already under way in Kuwait and Qatar.

Yet Kuwait imports from China was US$5.98 Billion in 2018 and no sign of easing up.

So these bans on French goods just shows what a joke islamic rulers are.

The islamic countries don't give a f*ck about the Uyghur's
    held in the detention camps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Turkey need to be kicked out of NATO and held to account for the situation with Armenia.

Advertisement