Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terror incident in Paris

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

AllForIt wrote: »
    The people replying saying was it right to insult the prophet etc....YES! stupid backward motherf*ckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

biko wrote: »
    Well, these people are still human although they have values that directly contradict ours.

Many politicians and their voters have blood on their hands for actively encouraging this.
    I suspect other voters don't know what their politician is doing, they just vote out of habit and/or laziness.
    Does everyone in the Social Democrats or Green Party want open borders? Possibly not, but that is what will happen with them in government.

I'm glad Macron is now forced to do something about the problem.

And I am waiting for someone to finally tell the media to go and fook themselves as well, for their part in encouraging the seeds of further fundamentalism in Europe, never mind the fact they have long ignored the signs of fundamentalism from immigrant communities.

The media have been cheerleaders for mass importation of African, Middle Eastern and central Asian men into Europe, the vast majority of whom appear to be muslim.
    volchitsa wrote: »
    Oddly perhaps, Bangladesh, along with Turkey, is one of the very few Muslim majority countries which has a strictly secular constitution. The protests are by groups within the country who want to change that. As Erdogan is doing in Turkey.

Erdogan has been toying with ideas to reverse that.
    He is turning his back on Ataturk's ideas.
    When they invaded Syria they played it as a jihad.
    Schools are becoming more islamist than before.
    He has elevated the Diyanet - Directorate of Religious Affairs which has been coming out with outlandish fatwas on everything from condoning child marriages to questions about fathers been allowed lust after their daughters.

He gave the go ahead for Hagia Sophia to be converted back into a mosque.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I can't fathom what Erdogan is playing at. You'd thing maybe he was playing politics for some advantage but it seems he's just genuinely defending Islam. What a disaster for Turkey he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

volchitsa wrote: »
    Oddly perhaps, Bangladesh, along with Turkey, is one of the very few Muslim majority countries which has a strictly secular constitution.

Doesn't stop atheist bloggers getting murdered in Bangladesh on a regular basis with no police investigation.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Europe should slowly wake up to the fact that over the last decades it has mass imported a population that, in many ways, is simply irreconcilable with its core understanding of values and civilisation. And it should think hard about what to do with this ever growing ticking demographic time bomb.

Considering that Europe itself is rapidly ageing (no European country has a fertility rate of 2.0+, many less than 1.5) and engaging in cultural suicide (moving away from tradition, nation, religion), it‘s only normal for a foreign ideology and therefore a foreign demographic to fill that vacuum.

If you simply look into the Western European world the picture changes quite drastically. Bigger cities and metros like Brussels, Marseille, Cologne, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Paris, Malmö, Birmingham or Vienna already do count Muslim populations of 10 up to 25%.

Also keep in mind that these numbers are drastically growing In Vienna, 40% of school children are Muslim.
    With medium migration one would look at 20% in Sweden, 17% in France, 17% in Britain, 12% in Italy an 11% in Germany in 2050, according to pew.

With high migration it would be 30%, 18%, 17%, 14% & 19% respectively.

We live in very interesting times and will see more of these attacks. They will never cease.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think it's right to call it islamophobia.
    Islam kills men, women and children every day for all kinds of reasons - all directly linked to the ideology of islam.
    The ideology so incredibly controlling it even tells you to step inside a toilet with your left foot first, and exit with your right foot first.

You are right to be afraid of islam.

Because no Christian, Buddhist or Jew have blown up people in Europe for god knowns how long.
    Nor have they shot or hacked journalists to death.
    Nor have they throw family members to their death for falling in love with someone from another religion.

Only one religion has, and they have done it hundreds of times - the religion of peace.

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Europe should slowly wake up to the fact that over the last decades it has mass imported a population that, in many ways, is simply irreconcilable with its core understanding of values and civilisation. And it should think hard about what to do with this ever growing ticking demographic time bomb.

Considering that Europe itself is rapidly ageing (no European country has a fertility rate of 2.0+, many less than 1.5) and engaging in cultural suicide (moving away from tradition, nation, religion), it‘s only normal for a foreign ideology and therefore a foreign demographic to fill that vacuum.

If you simply look into the Western European world the picture changes quite drastically. Bigger cities and metros like Brussels, Marseille, Cologne, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Paris, Malmö, Birmingham or Vienna already do count Muslim populations of 10 up to 25%.

Also keep in mind that these numbers are drastically growing In Vienna, 40% of school children are Muslim.
    With medium migration one would look at 20% in Sweden, 17% in France, 17% in Britain, 12% in Italy an 11% in Germany in 2050, according to pew.

With high migration it would be 30%, 18%, 17%, 14% & 19% respectively.

We live in very interesting times and will see more of these attacks. They will never cease.

those are numbers that can lead to holding the balance of power in places, even if just locally at first

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

AllForIt wrote: »
    I can't fathom what Erdogan is playing at. You'd thing maybe he was playing politics for some advantage but it seems he's just genuinely defending Islam. What a disaster for Turkey he is.
    no he is playing to muslims.

I have seen muslims here in ireland across social media posting in support of it. The ban i mean. I don't think for one moment they are not horrified at the beheading.

I assume muslims in turkey like it too ..partic the far right.

He is not genuine....he just knows far right muslims like this.

They are his base. He is nothing without them. Its not about france or islam. I mean he isn't helping actual muslims or putting food on their table is he? Turkey is a mess.

I think any reaction by Macron after something like that ..can be understood ...in the emotion of the time ...french people will react.

Its understandable its human.

Erdogan's reaction was cold.

Hebdo is a vulgar joke of a publication sometimes. And the french seem to love to be hated. They make themselves easy to hate.

Everyone is over emotional and angry in france ..its understandable...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Everyone is over emotional and angry in france ..its understandable...
    Perhaps when islam has killed hundreds of people here I think the Irish will also be angry.

Just in the 2015–2018 timespan in France, 249 people been killed in terrorist attacks and 928 wounded in a total of 22 terrorist attacks. Including Bataclan and Bastille Day attacks.

The most secular country in Europe is taking the brunt of Islamist violence.

• Advertisement

Hebdo is a vulgar joke of a publication sometimes. And the french seem to love to be hated..

And it happens again today in Nice.

I'm assuming when they say it is a terror attack, they mean the muslim lads.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54729957

And mentioning the french or even Charlie Hebdo is almost like mentioning that a woman was wearing a short skirt if she was attacked.

Wholly unnecessary and not at all looking at the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Looks like another islamic attack in Nice
    https://twitter.com/NevWilson/status/1321742283830677504?s=19

Enough is enough now. This is ridiculous and can't be appeased or tolerated.

What can be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

An undending stream of people who are victims of far left appeasement policies.

It didn't work for Neville Chamberlain.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Europe wont accept it's in a war.
    Its acceptance and tolerance of those that hate her are its greatest weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

One woman decapitated and two others dead in suspected 'terror' attack in Nice - Daily Mail

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Nothing to see here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Becoming increasingly common unfortunately. I guess the mentally ill angle will be rolled out by lunchtime and they'll all go back to pretending the multicultural dream is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

This is becoming very common in france now. Sadly it's too late for europe since they've already opened the floodgates. It's funny that all the NGOs/lefties who are pushing for multiculturalism and diversity are also pro abortion, pro womans rights, pro gay marriage, pro trans rights etc and yet all the muslims that they wanna bring over are hardline religious conservatives and their beliefs go against all over the above. It's like the chickens inviting foxes into the hen house .....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

If you object to a Muslim beheading a Christian you are a big racist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I fear France may be in for a rough couple of weeks from Erdogans dog whistling.

Macron standing up is a sign that the tide is turning in European tolerance levels.

Is bizarre and telling that the people who shouted the loudest at people who said #notallmen after metoo or #notallcops after #blm are the ones who will shout #notallmuslims now.

(for clarity, I of course, do not blame all muslims)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

I just think Muslim and Christian beliefs are completely incompatible, so the notion of this happy clappy multi cultural, diverse everyone is friends view of our western countries is flawed from the start. We also see the **** show that these countries turn into when the West decides to liberate them from tyranny and bring in democracy, another western value. It just doesn’t work, and radicalises them against us.
    Horrific what is going on in France, Macron better get his ass in gear and do something.

Ah sure it's part and parcel of living in a major European city.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

such a brave warrior murdering unarmed people in their place of worship

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Nothing to see here

Didn't Sadiq Khan say " terrorism is just part and parcel of living in a big city ".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

There is no solution to this. Absolutely none. Unless you expel every Muslim from Europe. Which is impossible. This will go on forever now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Cordell

screamer wrote: »
    I just think Muslim and Christian beliefs are completely incompatible, so the notion of this happy clappy multi cultural, diverse everyone is friends view of our western countries is flawed from the start. We also see the **** show that these countries turn into when the West decides to liberate them from tyranny and bring in democracy, another western value. It just doesn’t work, and radicalises them against us.
    Horrific what is going on in France, Macron better get his ass in gear and do something.

The beliefs are quite compatible, they are not the problem.
    The incompatibility is between the European secular culture and the ideology of islam. Islam is not only a religion, it's a far right like ideology, but it can't be designated as such because it will be seen as inflicting on the freedom of religion, which is not true, because that freedom is not absolute.

emo72 wrote: »
    There is no solution to this. Absolutely none. Unless you expel every Muslim from Europe. Which is impossible. This will go on forever now.

Damage limitation is possible through many ways. Strict control on EU borders, identifying those whose values don't align with western values and returning them to place of origin. Revoke citizenship if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

There were also Turkish mobs near Lyon trying to hunt down Armenians

https://twitter.com/valerieboyer13/status/1321712376455061504

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement