Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terror incident in Paris

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Cordell

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Imagine cutting off someone's head in the name of a pretend man in the sky.. Absolute nutjob

It's not that simple, and putting it like this make is into a religious nutjobs exclusive problem. It's much bigger than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Cordell wrote: »
    It's not that simple, and putting it like this make is into a religious nutjobs exclusive problem. It's much bigger than that.

Well they all profess to do these things for mo, so religion plays a significant part in it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I hope Marine Le Pen gets into power next time and Turkey gets kicked out of NATO. That is a ridiculous and untenable situation. Reccognising the legitimacy of the Kurds struggle for a Kurdish state would be a nice move by the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

1.8 billion Muslims on this planet, if 1% think along the lines of radical Islam that is 10 million. That's a very fvcking scary thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Nermal wrote: »
    The existence of this very thread shows you that secularism has completely failed as a response to Islamic terrorism.

What utter rubbish. Secularism is the separation of church and state. Under the constitution, UNHCR, ECHR, religions have equal legal rights. So if we continue to accept that religious schools are the norm here then, unless we change that norm, we are going to have to accept Islamic schools as normal in future here.
    The solution is not more secularism, it's the suppression of Islam. An abandonment of the social and legal pretense that all religions are equal.

What you are advocating is religious persecution. You'd think a people with a history of being persecuted on the basis of religion themselves (which utterly failed, and was entirely counter-productive towards the persecutors' aims) would have more cop-on.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Advertisement

A Saudi citizen wounded a guard in a knife attack at the French consulate in the port city of Jeddah on Thursday, said the French embassy in Saudi Arabia. The attacker was arrested immediately after the attack.
    https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east/20201029-saudi-man-arrested-after-stabbing-guard-at-french-consulate-in-jeddah

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

What you are advocating is religious persecution. You'd think a people with a history of being persecuted on the basis of religion themselves (which utterly failed, and was entirely counter-productive towards the persecutors' aims) would have more cop-on.

If you're referencing the penal laws in Ireland, I don't know what you're talking about. They were very effective and entirely in line with the aims of those who introduced them.

Did they produce a protestant population in Ireland, loyal to the Crown?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

not yet wrote: »
    1.8 billion Muslims on this planet, if 1% think along the lines of radical Islam that is 10 million. That's a very fvcking scary thought.

5 times bigger than the Chinese Army. ISIS had about 50,000 and nearly took the middle east. And we can safely say it's probably more than 1%.

Did they produce a protestant population in Ireland, loyal to the Crown?

They completely ground down the Catholic majority population to a subsistence existence which reached it's natural conclusion with the great famine. Hugely effective. This allowed a small unionist minority full legal, religious, economic, political and cultural dominance. This dominance only came to an end after the penal laws were gradually removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

France needs to set up new TV stations and Radio stations that broadcast Satire of Islam all day every day for a hundred years. The Charlie Hebdo cartoons should be on every newspaper, magazine and book published in France for the next 200 years. Never ever compromise free speech. Make a point.

Qiaonasen wrote: »
    France needs to set up new TV stations and Radio stations that broadcast Satire of Islam all day every day for a hundred years. The Charlie Hebdo cartoons should be on every newspaper, magazine and book published in France for the next 200 years. Never ever compromise free speech. Make a point.

Who is going to work there? Who is going to provide security for their families?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

Sand wrote: »
    Who is going to work there? Who is going to provide security for their families?

Safety in numbers. If everybody does it there will be too many targets. For example you could run a TV show on the internet where nobody knows who is actually creating the content. It is an idea only. Yes there are problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

Under the constitution, UNHCR, ECHR, religions have equal legal rights.

We made the constitution, we can change it. We decide the scope and jurisdiction of international treaties we enter into.
    You'd think a people with a history of being persecuted on the basis of religion themselves (which utterly failed, and was entirely counter-productive towards the persecutors' aims) would have more cop-on.

If this Islamic terrorism was occurring in a French colony, you might have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

Qiaonasen wrote: »

Hear hear. Soumission ou victoire. C'est le choix.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

not yet wrote: »

Polling would indicate it's far higher than 1% that think this way.

Nermal wrote: »
    We made the constitution, we can change it. We decide the scope and jurisdiction of international treaties we enter into.

So we should enshrine religious persecution into our constitution. Not even China does that.

If this Islamic terrorism was occurring in a French colony, you might have a point.

Completely missing (or pretending to miss) the point, as expected.
    Religious persecution of Irish catholics did not make them loyal to the British crown, or any less catholic. Their attachment to the church grew stronger not weaker. The implications of this with regard to proposing to persecute muslims should be obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Marcos wrote: »
    Two beheaded according to reports. One is supposed to be a 70 year old woman. Also two other "knife attacks" reported in Avignon and at the French Embassy in Saudi Arabia.

I hope Macron does not shy away from condemning these Islamic murderers.
    Macron's condemnation of the reasoning behind the previous beheading did not go down well with Muslim leaders throughout the World.
    Maybe these leaders need to be told some home truths.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Further dog whistling. This is really serious. Absolutely disgusting and needs to be condemned strongly.

Bear in mind it's late at night here as this blew up but one politician has called him out on it. https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/2020/10/29/dont-paint-france-with-same-brush-umnos-fathul-bari-tells-dr-mahathir-after/1917600

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Macron said that not taking in illegals who landed in Italy “made him vomit.”
    Italy has attracted condemnation for its refusal to take in more than 600 refugees who have spent over three days stranded on a rescue ship in the Mediterranean.

French President Emmanuel Macron said Italy was acting “irresponsibly” and not meeting its obligations under international maritime law.

His party’s spokesman Gabriel Attal went further, telling Public Senat TV: “The Italian position makes me vomit.”

He added: “It’s totally unacceptable to play petty politics with human lives as is happening now.”

Two years later, one of these illegals that arrived in Lampedusa went on to do a bit of head hacking in France. I hope Macron chokes on his vomit. Those that wanted these illegals in have blood on their hands. Macron wanted Italy to accept them. Here are the inevitable results.
    (ANSA) - ROME, OCT 29 - Brahim A, a 25-year-old Tunisian who killed a man and two women at a church in Nice Thursday, beheading one of the women, landed at the Italian island of Lampedusa, Italian security sources said, confirming reports from the French city.

Another Tunisian, Anis Amri, arrived at Lampedusa as a minor in 2011 and went on to kill 12 people in a truck attack on a Berlin Christmas market in 2016.

https://www.ansa.it/english/news/world/2020/10/29/nice-killer-landed-at-lampedusa_fc80c0d5-f71d-4ed7-9f73-a9c1d71f317f.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

minikin wrote: »
    1. ‘People’ don’t need to see things which traumatise and disturb them for what amounts to infotainment. The authorities are well aware what is going on and will do what they can to ‘fight back’.

Constantly bombarding the public with details and images of the latest atrocity leads to demoralization and over-reaction (the rise of the right... look at ukip and Brexit as a case in point: constant media messaging about dirty yurpeens tekkin ur jobz)

2. The 9/11 attacks were all about drawing the USA into a never ending war in the Middle East. They weren’t a result of previous incidents being ‘swept under the carpet’ because they simply weren’t swept under the carpet. Every attack got wall to wall 24/7 coverage... bin ladin recognised the value of this propaganda and saw how it put pressure on the us government to retaliate, prior to 9/11 in a measured fashion, he just turned up the dial and awaited the inevitable invasion.

3. I didn’t suggest ignoring attacks, I suggested not publicising them... let the security services, police and military act in response if necessary... just don’t give the scumbags the oxygen of mass media attention.

Nope sorry the general public need to see the aftermath of these terrible attacks, as pointed out a few days on this thread the media were quick to print photos of the Syrian child dead on a beach bit not so quick to show the victims of Islamic terrorist attacks, maybe that will focus the minds of governments and the public in what radical islam brings to our shores. Let's not forget there are Mosques springing up all over Ireland with a super mosque being built over in blanch direction, so it makes no difference if we are an island or not. And I don't see any appetite by the current government to deal with extremism here.
    I've no idea how France will deal with these attacks I think it's to late. Only thing I would suggest is that murders like this and his family are deported and I don't care if his second or third generation parents grandparents all sent back to whatever country they came from. That would focus the parents minds and make sure they know if their sons are being radicalized.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

LePen, even if elected in the morning would still be handcuffed by the same EU rules that seem to favour “refugee” rights over citizens safety.
    There needs to be a change in approach at the highest levels of the EU and these rules we have for refugees which were spurned from a sense of guilt over WW2 from the Germans need to be rewritten as they should not apply to the type of refugees/ asylum seekers we are getting lumped with these days. Like all things, laws need to be of their time, these laws need updating, rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

"It was not immediately clear what the motive was for the attack."

- Sky News

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

screamer wrote: »
    LePen, even if elected in the morning would still be handcuffed by the same EU rules that seem to favour “refugee” rights over citizens safety.
    There needs to be a change in approach at the highest levels of the EU and these rules we have for refugees which were spurned from a sense of guilt over WW2 from the Germans need to be rewritten as they should not apply to the type of refugees/ asylum seekers we are getting lumped with these days. Like all things, laws need to be of their time, these laws need updating, rapidly.

There is a real risk that the French working class will take matters into their own hands and not wait for laws to be amended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

- Sky News
    Media outlets like Sky News and their counterparts in Europe also play a part in these atrocities on innocent civilians. Sky, in particular should be boycotted for the damage that they cause in propelling the hate/mistrust that exists in the UK.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Media outlets like Sky News and their counterparts in Europe also play a part in these atrocities on innocent civilians. Sky, in particular should be boycotted for the damage that they cause in propelling the hate/mistrust that exists in the UK.

No they don't, it's just rabid moslems.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

I like cartoons of Mohammed. They are funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Kivaro wrote: »

Absolutely. Sky acted as cheerleaders for these lads having access to our continent. They have blood on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Absolutely. Sky acted as cheerleaders for these lads having access to our continent. They have blood on their hands.

It's a few years since I paid this British company my money. They told me that the dish and "sky box" were mine. I now have access to hundreds of tv stations free of charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Danzy wrote: »
    There is a real risk that the French working class will take matters into their own hands and not wait for laws to be amended.

I have no problem with French or any other European citizens getting together and ridding their Countries of these Terrorists. And the Traitors that let them in.

Advertisement