Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terror incident in Paris

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

- Sky News

"Three killed during mostly peaceful protest by austere religious scholar"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

Absolutely. Sky acted as cheerleaders for these lads having access to our continent. They have blood on their hands.

You can add Boards.ie to that list too. Go back and read posts from the height of the refugee crisis around 2015. Almost universal consensus on this site that Ireland should allow thousands of these unvetted Muslim men settle in our country. Perhaps the dissenting voices were banned. The fawning over Ibrahim Halawa was nauseating too. Funny how the media don't roll out the red carpet for him anymore after the revelations of his father's ties to the Muslim Brotherhood came to light.

In 50 years time when Europe's churches have all been burned to the ground we will look back at this time as a dark period in our history where grave mistakes were made and the sheep followed the wolf to their demise all because we were scared of being called racist. Think about that - you're scared of a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Complete nonsense particularly about Halawa, many posters were calling him out for what he is. But you are sooo desperate to play the victim you even invent a scenario where "all Europe's churches will be burned to the ground" get a grip ffs.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

coinop wrote: »

all because we were scared of being called racist. Think about that - you're scared of a word.

:mad: Infuriating the way Europe/the 'tolerant' West has gone.

Rotherham = Nothing to see here :rolleyes:
    Bloke on YouTube takes picture of his Pug = Police call to his house and arrest him. :confused: :eek: :eek:

More scared of the consequences really for calling sh1t for what it is, than being 'called a racist'.... This lunacy is backed by the 'enforcers' ie Police, and the judicial system... Sad, sad state of affairs

• Registered Users Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Complete nonsense particularly about Halawa, many posters were calling him out for what he is. But you are sooo desperate to play the victim you even invent a scenario where "all Europe's churches will be burned to the ground" get a grip ffs.

It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. A lot more deaths before people can get their voices acted upon.

If people are so anti Europe, anti our beliefs, lifestyles, political views and systems, religious freedoms, way of life that they can be of the want to come here, commit acts of murder, violence, arson whatever... we are not of the ability quite clearly to successfully vet everyone, we can’t see into their minds...

We don’t want to import these statistics into our continent. These deaths, murders, violence. It’s NOT OUR way of life. Unfortunately it at times IS some of theirs. Europe is in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Not so long the idea of muslims beheading French people, slaughtering Europeans with Trucks, setting off nail bombs in concert hall full of young girls etc would have seemed ludicrous.

So don't be telling people to 'get a grip'.

Exactly. European people, Irish people have a right to defend ourselves, our values and way of life..

The world as it is has never been more connected by so much information at everybody’s fingertips.

Somebody in Mexico, Afghanistan, Germany, Sudan... wherever, can simply go online, research France, Ireland, Sweden, the USA... wherever, get to know the values, traditions, laws, social norms etc....

They can decide...

1) ok, it would be great to live there, the country seems compatible to live side by side with my beliefs, politics, lifestyle, social requirements etc...

2) ok, you know what, the country is not really of my liking, I don’t like or get their political outlooks and social norms in that country so no thanks, I would not like to live there.

Or

3) I don’t like or get their political outlooks, norms, religion... but I’ll arrive anyway there, take help worth in the region of 100,000 from the taxpayers in the form of cash, accommodation, food, advice, medical aid, contribute little else, then plot and carry out an attack that kills or injures many of their citizens.

You want to come here you better be prepared to...

1) obay, respect, and adhere to each and every law.

2) respect and gain some knowledge and understanding of our cultures, values, laws as well as our political system.

3) when able... work, contribute, pay your way....

4) respect those who work to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Reports coming in of a Priest being shot and wounded in Lyon, attacker flees

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Reports coming in of a Priest being shot and wounded in Lyon, attacker flees

Odds are it was an atheist extremist..some posters here might even say it could be the IRA and we have to give them the benefit of the doubt until we have more concrete information

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Reporting that it was a Greek Orthodox priest, shot at least twice with a hunting rifle.

Victim in hospital in critical condition, shooter still at large.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Odds are it was an atheist extremist..some posters here might even say it could be the IRA and we have to give them the benefit of the doubt until we have more concrete information

Drole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Qiaonasen wrote: »
    France needs to set up new TV stations and Radio stations that broadcast Satire of Islam all day every day for a hundred years. The Charlie Hebdo cartoons should be on every newspaper, magazine and book published in France for the next 200 years. Never ever compromise free speech. Make a point.

The Charlie Hebdo cartoons should be on € banknotes!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Pronto63 wrote: »
    The Charlie Hebdo cartoons should be on € banknotes!

Throughout Europe. Don't like it, go live somewhere else. Winston Churchill was incomparably accurate in his summation of Islam.

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity.

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property—either as a child, a wife, or a concubine—must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die. But the influence of the religion paralyzes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science—the science against which it had vainly struggled—the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.
    https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/winston-churchills-brutal-takedown-of-islam-means-more-today-than-ever

I didn't know Churchill was a feminist! You learn something new every day. (Read the next bit past those paragraphs, via that link.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The religion of peace back at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. A lot more deaths before people can get their voices acted upon.

If people are so anti Europe, anti our beliefs, lifestyles, political views and systems, religious freedoms, way of life that they can be of the want to come here, commit acts of murder, violence, arson whatever... we are not of the ability quite clearly to successfully vet everyone, we can’t see into their minds...

We don’t want to import these statistics into our continent. These deaths, murders, violence. It’s NOT OUR way of life. Unfortunately it at times IS some of theirs. Europe is in trouble.

This country is full of islamist radicals allowed in by Charlie Flanagan and successive governments, people who do not believe in their doctrine or questioning their jihad will be killed in some gruesome fashion as was an elderly Catholic priest Father Jacques Hamel who had his throat slit and filmed in 2016 by two islamist radicals in France have has many other innocence people .We have these people here in Ireland who should never have been allowed in and its only a matter of time before they commit murder in this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

terenc wrote: »
    .We have these people here in Ireland who should never have been allowed in and its only a matter of time before they commit murder in this country.

Sadly they already have. Remember the Dundalk terror attack in Jan 2018 where an Egyptian (?) Mohammedan murdered a Japanese student and injured two Irishmen. Of course our inadequate justice system brushed it off with the usual "mental health" excuse and the murderer gets to enjoy an all expenses paid lifestyle in a European country. Whether all fundamentalist Islamist radicals are mentally ill is an argument for another day.

I'll leave you with a quote from the victim's older sister, Shiori Sasaki, that sums up how many of us are feeling: "I can't understand why a mentally unstable foreign national, whose origin was unknown, was allowed to be in the town. Mr Morei had his rights protected but my brother was deprived of his. It is truly infuriating and will forever be unforgivable".

RIP Yosuke Sasaki.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I'll leave you with a quote from the victim's older sister, Shiori Sasaki, that sums up how many of us are feeling: "I can't understand why a mentally unstable foreign national, whose origin was unknown, was allowed to be in the town. Mr Morei had his rights protected but my brother was deprived of his. It is truly infuriating and will forever be unforgivable".

RIP Yosuke Sasaki.
    The murdered victim's sister would be regarded as racist by Irish "progressives" for making that statement, even though it was the question that many of us asked at the time of this horrific murder. How much is it going to cost Irish workers to finance the services required to look after Mohamed Morei for the rest of his life in Ireland? In 2019, the average cost of an available, staffed prison space was €75,349, so the cost must be in the six figures per year to house this man in an Irish mental facility.
    This asylum seeker has achieved his aims it seems.

Quoting the victim's father:
    Regretting that he had never shared a drink with his son, Mr Sasaki said: "I yearn to meet my son once more, my pride and joy who grew up to be a fine young man with a gentle heart. If there is a god, I resent him. Why did Yosuke have to die? His life was cut short, he still had what would have been an amazing life ahead of him."

He should also resent the Irish authorities for not having controls in place to protect our borders, our citizens, and people who are here to contribute to our society.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Sadly they already have. Remember the Dundalk terror attack in Jan 2018 where an Egyptian (?) Mohammedan murdered a Japanese student and injured two Irishmen. Of course our inadequate justice system brushed it off with the usual "mental health" excuse and the murderer gets to enjoy an all expenses paid lifestyle in a European country. Whether all fundamentalist Islamist radicals are mentally ill is an argument for another day.

RIP Yosuke Sasaki.

In the aftermath of these events, there never seems to be any sense that the state let down the victims. That it failed in any sense a duty to protect its people, and indeed tourists who might assume they are under the protection of the country they are visiting. Never any examination of the policies that created the conditions for the attacks and how the state might correct them.

People might argue about what Sadiq Khan meant when he said these sort of attacks were just part and parcel of living in European cities, but it does seem to betray an unconcerned attitude. If any concern is shown at all by the great and the good, its only to sympathize with and worry about the ethnic enclaves from where the attackers originated. A reminder to the victims of the atrocity not to draw broad conclusions about an entire group from the actions of some people. Again and again and again.

This isnt even a principled stance. Neither is it arbitrary. The concern that an entire ethnicity might be blamed for the actions of a single person is entirely absent when a white woman is involved in an incident in the US as minor as calling the police when confronted by a man in a park. Then we can draw sweeping conclusions about white women/'karens' everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

Morei came in to the state through an open border, the NI one. And while there was a major flaw in the procedure of having a nice chat with a non-documented person (i.e. literally a random foreign national with no identifying documents! The mind boggles) and leaving him on his way, as the Gardai did, instead of apprehending him and putting him through a robust immigration process, an error which cost Sasaki his life, the problem of that open border will stay and grow in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

seenitall wrote: »
    Morei came in to the state through an open border, the NI one. And while there was a major flaw in the procedure of having a nice chat with a non-documented person (i.e. literally a random foreign national with no identifying documents! The mind boggles) and leaving him on his way, as the Gardai did, instead of apprehending him and putting him through a robust immigration process, an error which cost Sasaki his life, the problem of that open border will stay and grow in the future.
    NATO and EU worked hard to breach the EU borders, they destroyed Libya which was some prevention of illegal immigration, Ireland under our NATO PFP role sent ships to ferry illegals into EU. It's worth mentioning France was at the forefront of the operation to ruin Libya, or as they described it to dopey EU public, "bringing freedom and democracy" to Libya. NATO also worked hard to bring weapons and training to Islamists in Syria, with some coming back to EU to kill here. Turkey has EU over a barrel and can release immigrants at will.
    Checkmate.
    Huge number of rapes of adults and children... FFS if the Catholic church was doing it you couldn't shut them up about it. Ahhh the unsafe space where the media and Gov fear to tread... - rape away lads till people find some courage in themselves. I mean it's better kids are raped than a politician be - unpopular or mildly uncomfortable:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Is it okay to have a cafe that is for a particuar culture ? Well no, a public cafe is a public cafe. Someone can set up an islamic coffee club, that's different.

• Advertisement

Scoondal wrote: »
    Is it okay to have a cafe that is for a particuar culture ? Well no, a public cafe is a public cafe. Someone can set up an islamic coffee club, that's different.

I know I'm going to be immolated for this, but just set up a small brazier in the middle of the cafe with a smoke hood and have a certain religous text burning slowly on it. Optionally you could be non-selective and have texts from all the major religions smoldering away simultaneously.

Sort of a mosquito coil for humans.

I am friendly to everyone. It seems muslims are not friendly to me or they just don't like me. My son's friend is from a muslim family. Maybe there is hope for the future.

Scoondal wrote: »
    I am friendly to everyone. It seems muslims are not friendly to me or they just don't like me. My son's friend is from a muslim family. Maybe there is hope for the future.

Tell that to the elderly couple and two young people shot dead not counting the 22 people shot as they ran for cover (some critically injured).

Tell that to the families of the elderly couple and two young people shot dead not counting the 22 people shot as they ran for cover (some critically injured).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Nermal

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2020/nov/06/macron-french-muslims-place-in-republic-secular-multiculturalism

Doesn't take long for 'thoughts and prayers' rhetoric to fade, and commentary to turn to blaming the French people for terrorism perpetrated upon them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's the Guardian. Expect nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

biko wrote: »
    It's the Guardian. Expect nothing less.

While I'm not blaming the French for this, are you suggesting there isn't a racism problem between muslims and non muslims in France? Mainly people of north african origin.
    My time spent in France was limited, 9 months in rural Burgundy, where the French Algerian I worked with the odd time experienced open racism by the campsite owner, as did a Dutch muslim and the rest of us who happened not to be French.
    The obvious answer might be "well if you don't like it leave"... Whoever the headbangers are that are turning their heads and brainwashing them need to be eliminated.

Perhaps the racism is a response to how well muslims integrate into France and so enthusiastically support French social customs and mores? What France has experienced is racism towards French people by moslems. A mass thumbing of noses at the country that let them in.

Multiculturaism where aspects of the incoming culture cross certain lines in the sand, is a crock of sh1t.

In Australia, there was an infamous case where a gang of muslims went around pack raping young girls because they were sluts in the eyes of their moslem belief system: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/bilal-skaf-15-facts-about-the-crimes-that-shook-sydney-to-its-core-15-years-ago/news-story/d8a6f6c53b88e05328cfbe2909d7224f

The same community invited in an Iman from Lebanaon who stood in his pulpit and basically justified that sort of thing by comparing Australian women to pieces of uncovered meat that would naturally attract flies. Of course the flies were blameless.

Spare me the poor moslems as victims of racism line.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

cnocbui wrote: »
    Perhaps the racism is a response to how well muslims integrate into France and so enthusiastically support French social customs and mores? What France has experienced is racism towards French people by moslems. A mass thumbing of noses at the country that let them in.

Multiculturaism where aspects of the incoming culture cross certain lines in the sand, is a crock of sh1t.

In Australia, there was an infamous case where a gang of muslims went around pack raping young girls because they were sluts in the eyes of their moslem belief system: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/bilal-skaf-15-facts-about-the-crimes-that-shook-sydney-to-its-core-15-years-ago/news-story/d8a6f6c53b88e05328cfbe2909d7224f

The same community invited in an Iman from Lebanaon who stood in his pulpit and basically justified that sort of thing by comparing Australian women to pieces of uncovered meat that would naturally attract flies. Of course the flies were blameless.

Spare me the poor moslems as victims of racism line.

All Muslims in Australia and France are the same ?

• Advertisement

France ... the Republic is based on Fraternite. That is something that the Irish Republic does not recognise.

Advertisement