Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Cavan

Options
  • 25-09-2020 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm potentially moving to rural cavan fairly soon. I haven't a notion what broadband is like down there at the moment. I have seen many providers offering 100mb broadband? Is this really what ye get and if anyone has any recommendations that would be fantastic. I'll be working from home so need a decent connection if I am to go move.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi, I moved to a very rural location and I got broadband from Arden. It's a wireless \line of sight service but works well. I've been working from home since COVID with no bother, we use streaming etc and it all works fine.
    Paying 40\month, but more expensive packages available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

I'd second that too. Arden is my provider and it is pretty stable considering our rural location. As long as your house isn't in a hollow and can get line fo sight to a mast it should be okay. There is also Imagine and 3 as options.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭tanko

I have Arden here, find it pretty good also,
    Does anyone know when the fibre broadband which is being rolled out at the moment will be up and running?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

No idea tbh, anything I read indicates they won't service isolated homes, but I find it hard to locate reliable info. I'm halfway up Bruse so I doubt that they would run a fibre up to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭tanko

As far as I can see anywhere that has a phone line going to the house is getting it but I’m not far from Cavan Town now if that makes any difference.

• Advertisement

If you're near any town you're ok I reckon. We've never had a phone line and eir are not keen to bring one up to us!

Welcome to Cavan btw OP, hope you get to love it as much as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Have a look at this map and see if your eircode is been surveyed or perhaps expecting ftth anytime soon,

I have eir fibre and find it great at 150mb and other friends of mine have Arden, Some others have Net 1 but they are little more limited on download amount (25GB Daily Limit) also so if you can't get fibre Id try arden.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭NiceFella

Thanks alot for all the suggestions!

Advertisement