Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two teenage boys assaulted in Dublin park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

Very, very emotive vocabulary of reporting there. I could hardly believe I was reading a news page?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭macpaccrack

seenitall wrote: »
    Very, very emotive vocabulary of reporting there. I could hardly believe I was reading a news page?

I mean do you not think it was cowardly to attack two children as adults? Is it not thugish and its been confirmed by the Garda it was racially motivated so what issue do you have?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭macpaccrack

Witcher wrote: »
    Where did the Gardai confirm it to be racially motivated?

Yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Maybe it was racist, maybe it was some sort of vigilante stuff, maybe they owed money.

We dont know yet.

I wouldnt believe Dublin Live, they just make stuff up from half stories and facebook rants.

Garda just called it an assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

What do you mean? The guards and witnesses have confirmed the children were eating lunch in the park and were viciously assaulted because of their ethnicity

Are you actually trying to defend the brutal assault of children?

Terrible that the kids were attacked at all. But the dublin live website is garbage. "Disgusting yobs". That's not how we talk. Maybe they were just normal yobs. Normal violent racist ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Gatling wrote: »
    So what really happened?

2 kids were on their break in Sundrive Park. 3 scumbags started giving one of them sh!t because be was black. The black young fella was just having his lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

What do you mean?

What really happened ,

Your claiming far right and the gardai have confirmed it which I don't believe they did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭XsApollo

What ethnicity were that attackers and victims?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I would call it an attack, GBH, assault whatever. Racism should never come in to it really, sorry probably opened myself up for attack online now!

Maybe it was racist, maybe it was some sort of vigilante stuff, maybe they owed money.

We dont know yet.

I wouldnt believe Dublin Live, they just make stuff up from half stories and facebook rants.

Garda just called it an assault.

2 young fellas having their lunch. Vigilantes? Ffs. 3 scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,038 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yesterday.

I asked where they confirmed it.

Have you a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

XsApollo wrote: »
    What ethnicity were that attackers and victims?

We dont know.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Vigilantes? Ffs. 3 scumbags.

Vigilantes would sugguest it wasn't a random attack on two kids eating lunch in crumlin

Vigilantes would sugguest it wasn't a random attack on two kids eating lunch in crumlin

I'm from around there, 3 scumbags and a scumbag bird with a baby in a buggy.

This forum has gone to sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

I mean do you not think it was cowardly to attack two children as adults? Is it not thugish and its been confirmed by the Garda it was racially motivated so what issue do you have?

I just said I found the writing very emotive for a supposed news report. I didn’t put a judgment value on the event itself at all, but just to answer your question, it is despicable to beat up children. The thing that struck me about the article is that this is the first time I see such emphatic, emotionally charged first report on any crime. Perhaps I don’t read enough of these type of articles.

Birneybau wrote: »
    This forum has gone to sh!te

This thread exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

I just said I found the writing very emotive for a supposed news report. I didn’t put a judgment value on the event itself at all, but just to answer your question, it is despicable to beat up children. The thing that struck me about the article is that this is the first time I see such emphatic, emotionally charged first report on any crime. Perhaps I don’t read enough of these type of articles.
    There is an agenda with the article. Also detailed description of the attackers' jackets but not the attackers... terrible there is such scum but why cant they release physical descriptions so we can all look out for them

This thread exactly

With your talk of vigilantes, sure.

Here's a Facebook post from one of the parents:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

If it was 2 white kids who were beaten up by 2 black adults, the tone of replies would be quite different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I thought it was very descriptive given they put "allegedly" before everything. Very precise reporting for something that was done allegedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭TheBlackPill

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I thought it was very descriptive given they put "allegedly" before everything. Very precise reporting for something that was done allegedly.

The parent's post was much better than the article. Concise , loads of relevant information. I hope the feral scrotes are caught soon and hope the young man recovers quickly and we all support him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Regardless of the motive, they're complete scumbags.

francois wrote: »
    If it was 2 white kids who were beaten up by 2 black adults, the tone of replies would be quite different.

Perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Would this have made it acceptable in your mind?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

yeah, there a distinct lack of replies asking what race the attackers were and saying how its only being left out because they are not white. odd, theres usually a good few of those............

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I would call it an attack, GBH, assault whatever. Racism should never come in to it really, sorry probably opened myself up for attack online now!

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Well the accusation said "racial slurs" so that would indicate racism.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Actually no we would be told it never happened and absolutely no mention in media .

This is fact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Actually no we would be told it never happened and absolutely no mention in media .

This is fact

No, that's an opinion

Advertisement