Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay - non paying buyers

• 25-09-2020 8:08pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is now the second time this month I have had a non payer on ebay. Im enabling the "Buyers with unpaid items recorded" requirement but does anyone know how an account gets flagged for non paying.

Is it something as simple as the seller just cancelling the order so the buyer doesn't have to pay or do I need to report it so they get flagged?

The last time it happened I messaged the buyer after 4 days and they replied with a please cancel it so I did and just let it go. It annoyed me though as there were over 20 watchers and when I relisted it there was no real interest after that as I imagine they just presumed it sold and lost interest.

If its not automatic a lot of sellers may not even bother following it up to report a non payer if it requires more time so it would almost defeat the purpose of the requirement

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,726 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Open an unpaid item case after 2 days, they've got 4 days and then close the case

Watchers don't mean anything - I've had dozens of watchers on stuff with more than 1 available so if they were really interested they would have bought

If you request to cancel an order then the buyer doesn't get any strikes against him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

fritzelly wrote: »
    Open an unpaid item case after 2 days, they've got 4 days and then close the case

Watchers don't mean anything - I've had dozens of watchers on stuff with more than 1 available so if they were really interested they would have bought

If you request to cancel an order then the buyer doesn't get any strikes against him.

Thanks. I was getting offers on it up to that point and just went with the offer just to get rid of it quick as it was close enough, after I relisted there were no more offers coming. And I relisted it at the price of the last offer I accepted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,726 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You can do a second chance offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭VG31

I know it doesn't work for auctions or best offers, but requiring immediate payment on buy it now listings is always a good idea.

Advertisement