Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Alternative News Channel "GB News" chaired by Andrew Neil launching - read OP before posting

Comments

I said nothing wrong whatsoever. I stand by my remarks - and I did not mock the physical appearance of Shane McGowan.

But even if what you said were true (and it isn't), that wouldn't be a very good justification for mocking Nigel Farage's physical appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,782 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Okay then, you've had the kool aid.

That quote was in reference to another about his mouth, teeth and own appearance so you absolutely did

Own your hypocrisy. Saying someone has miserable face is a long way off what you've said back then.

It's a long way off what you claimed about Marcus Rashford (and still haven't apologised for)

Live in your own little circle jerk world.

If Nigel said black was white you'd probably lap it up

I was simply making the point that Shane McGowan is a frightfully unattractive man whose wife may only be with him for the cash. His attempt at dentition is part of that.

That's not mocking, it's just admitting that he's not attractive. I'm also questioning her motives.

But I do admire the time you've taken to comb through my 3,000+ posts to find a post about Shane McGowan's attempt at dentition to post in defense of abusive comments made about Nigel Farage on a thread about GB News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,725 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Wow, so it's OK for you to say Shane McGowan is a "frightfully unattractive man"

But you get upset when someone says the same about Farage?

Let's add massive hypocrite to your resume shall we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

saying that people would rather see some beautiful birds than farage's miserable face is not mocking him, it is just admitting that his face is miserable. To decry one but not the other is hypocrisy.

I didn't take any time. Took me all of 3 mins to see that.

That's you insulting someone's appearance, and here you are doubling down. I don't actually care that you think this, or said this or anything, but you're a supreme level of hypocrite to be able to say what you did last night and have that in your history and again today

Made no such admission.

I simply pointed out the basic logic that even if you were to prove someone to be a hypocrite, it doesn't falsify the point they made.

But I'm not a hypocrite, and I'm right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,423 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

but you are a hypocrite. You happily made disparaging comments about Shane Mcgowan but then cried when somebody made a much less disparaging comment about farage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Eskimohunt's delusional breakdown gets worse by the post.

Eskimohunt - "Shane McGowan is a frightfully unattractive man whose wife may only be with him for the cash."

Also Eskimohint - "I think once you start abusing the physical appearance of GB News presenters, you've lost both perspective and the argument."

As well as not knowing what a comparison was, which had to be clarified to him earlier in the thread, it seems that some schooling is also needed in what the word hypocrite means.

Oh no you're definitely a hypocrite, just like farage who you consistently defend on here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Weird how some people are special cases who must never be criticized. By weird, I mean entirely hypocritical and predictable.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

If saying Farage has a miserable face has triggered EH then he better not Google Nigel Farage spitting image or Newzoids, he'll go into shock at what they say about him 🤣

• Advertisement

If you've ever seen Farage on GB News (or anywhere else for that matter), you'd have gathered that he is more ebullient than the vast majority of presenters on TV.

The last thing you could call Nigel Farage is "miserable".

Yeah, Psychotic would be more like it.

Wether someone finds him miserable looking or not isn't the point though, it's your absolutely hypocritical stance, defending farage and calling someone out for calling him miserable looking while all the time you feel.its OK to call someone else out for thier looks.

As I said, no wonder you defend farage so much, you're 2 hypocritical peas in a hypocritical pod.

I think I have PTSD after seeing all those Farage pics..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Worse than my Nam flashbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Miserable is about right. It's this navel-gazing, foreigners ruined England drivel and it's not even original.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Eskimo, what you post is absolute scutter and that's being kind.

I can equally find a load pics of him frowinging, looking angry or just solemn as I can find any of most other TV folk smiling, laughing being happy .

Go Google it, as you like to say.

I'm sure you'll find a new angle, more goalposts to be moved and when you're at a dead end as you always are find something else to talk about instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Just more of your utter bullshit. Victoria Mary Clarke has been with Shane McGowan for nearly 40 years.

Post edited by Ahwell on

I just realisd I made a typo that's a portmeaneu of frowning and whinging which is perfect for Nigel.

What's that got to do with GB News, though?

(...but to answer your question, I believe that if McGowan didn't become famous / wealthy; she'd have left him by now. Maybe in the early days, he was tolerable etc.).

But unless McGowan appears on GB News sometime soon, the less said about him here, the better.

you're right. Let us go back to discussing how absolutely abysmal the GBNews viewing figures are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,960 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That you assume someone would only be with someone for money or looks says lots about you. Yet nothing we didn't already know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Ahwell

It wasn't a question and the reason why your Shane McGowan post was brought up is blatantly obvious.

This is the guy that doesn't believe in female comedians...

The fact he married a German and his great great grandfather came to the UK penniless doesn't get mentioned by farage fans though.

If Farage had his way his great great grandfather wouldn't have been allowed in the country even though he was only trying to make a better life for himself.

• Advertisement

His children all have EU passports as well. Nice that he got that sorted for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,674 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

McGowan has been with the same woman for 40 years. Farage's two wives left him. So who's the intolerable one I wonder?

The Huguenots were genuine refugees, that's the difference. They didn't flock to the UK as economic migrants but rather because they were directly in fear of persecution.

Viewing figures update.

134 people watching GB news online (some chap called Liam halligan) and 132 are watching Field Mice on BBC.

Literal rodents are as popular as figurative ones

Meaning that as the BBC has 44x the number of subscribers, we'd have to put Halligan on 4,500 views or so with the equivalent number.

137 for the rodents , 113 for Liam and chums

It doesn't mean that at all. It's an idiotic way to use those numbers too and shows a woeful ignorance of stats.

This has been explained to you several times and you have of course ignored it every time. Also BBC don't actually broadcast their chanels live on.

There are likely quite a number of people watching on iPlayer right now though , given they got 1.7 billion streams in a 3 month period this year

No, they were literally the epitome of economic refugees.

I hate linking to this rag but it seems they certainly did thier research on the background of Farages immigrant past.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2726735/amp/REVEALED-Penniless-German-immigrant-great-great-grandfather-Nigel-Farage-He-famously-no-nonsense-stance-migrants-Ukip-chief-no-idea-ancestor.html

"Today, a Mail on Sunday investigation can reveal that Mr Farage’s grandmother, born Gladys Schrod, descends from German immigrants who fled to Britain in search of work and a better way of life."

"a sharp economic downturn and rising land prices were driving Germans from their homeland."

"Nikolaus Schrod, Mr Farage’s great-great grandfather, was a young cabinet-maker in Frankfurt. He married his sweetheart Bina at 21, but before starting a family he decided his shaky prospects would be much improved by moving to England.

"It was the 1850s, a time of rapid expansion and a new prosperity fuelled by the Industrial Revolution. Britain, then as now, was the land of promise. "

"What Nikolaus Schrod would have made of his great-great-grandson’s ‘keep them out’ rallying cry, one can only guess. After all, he and Bina came to Britain with no paper qualifications – in Nigel Farage’s future Britain, they would be turned away."

"But Nigel Farage seems determined to deny the past in his juggernaut journey to fame. In May at the launch of the Euro election campaign in Yorkshire, he derided the ‘mass’ of people ‘coming in and flooding the lower ends of the labour market in Britain’ – doing, in fact, what his ancestors the Schrods had done.

And – come to that – the Farages had done too.

The surname Farage, according to its owner, is of Huguenot origin. The Huguenots were members of the protestant church in France who fled in their tens of thousands from religious persecution."

So yet again we see the hypocrisy of Farage and his ilk.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

Net migration from the 1950s to 2000s was approx. 50,000 per year; manageable migratory waves.

Once the floodgates opened from 2004 onwards, net migration mushroomed to a third of a million: unmanageable, unsustainable, crushing wages, and causing cultural havoc.

So even if what the Daily Mail argue is true, the context and numbers were very different indeed.

Furthermore, along with the huge number of migrants comes the very real risk of Islamic terrorism.

• Advertisement

There are still millions being displaced as a consequence of centuries of failed British imperialism so they can suck it up

Ah so here we have the crux of it

What happened then is different to what's happening now....no its not.

Do you live in England? What's this "cultural havoc" you speak of?

And finally the mask slips, It's really all about "Islamic terrorism"

You sir are a hypocrite of the lowest order.

Can we call a spade a spade? They were white and, for conservatives that's the main thing.

At least two attackers during the Paris Islamic attacks of the Bataclan etc. travelled through Greece posing as refugees.

The 2016 Dusseldorf plot was set to be carried out by 3 suspects who were registered as refugees in Germany.

I could go on; the list is endless.

To close your eyes and pretend this doesn't exist is to make a mistake.

And to argue to generate an immigration policy in 2021 on the basis of 16th century life is laughable.

Should we have banned every Irish person from entering the UK after the Birmingham bombings? How about after the London bombings? Maybe after the Brighton or Warrington bombings?

Should you be excluded from entering the UK now because someone of the same nationality as you killed people using explosives?

False.

To give one of many examples; when Idi Amin expelled Ugandan Asians in the early 1970s, the UK rightly absorbed over 27,000 refugees.

Nobody cares about the colour of people's skin.

• Advertisement

Utter bollox and you know it. You've fawned over too many racists at this stage to convince me otherwise. A cherrypicked example proves nothing. I daresay this absorption, if it even happened was vigorously opposed by conservatives at the time.

This is from 1964 and I doubt Britain wholly changed in less than a decade:

Anyways, I think we're straying from the topic again.

You mean the Ugandan Asians that were only there in the first place because of brutal British colonialism?

Those who were brought over as indentured labour you mean? Over 30,000 of them.

Brought And then when they left , it was basically a big f*CK you, look after yourselves.

They could've housed all 80,000 of them and it wouldn't have been enough to make up for the shitstorm that they created.

Lovely way of ignoring history. How very Tory

The British have taken in far less people tha. They have displaced. So any pretence its out of hand is just that.

Nigel doesn't give 2 **** about those stuck on council estates, the cleaners factory workers, ordinary British people who are at the very bottom. He's interested in peddling lies and fear to keep himself getting paid

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Or viewed another way - Most of their viewers watch their output on TV , because you know , it's a TV station.

Also the BBC has way more followers because it's actually popular and broadcasts high quality shows that interest a broad range of people.

Whereas GBNews broadcast low quality guff of interest to almost no one.

Look we get it, you are desperate for it to be a success. There's nothing wrong with supporting something.

BUT - Your raging inability to be anything remotely close to objective about the reality of the status of GB News is beyond tiresome at present.

The FACTS are - No one is watching it on TV , equally no one is watching it on YouTube/Social Media either.

You continuing to big up what are in reality miniscule numbers across the board is bordering on pathetic at this stage.

The thousands of click bots being used by GBNews to juice their twitter rankings have more integrity than your posts at this stage.

The fourth estate is supposed to hold power to account. GB News exists to frustrate that purpose. Farage exists to do the dirty work of his paymasters, notable among them Arron Banks. Members of the nobility don't clean their own toilets, they employ others to do that sort of thing. That's all Farage is at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement