Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alternative News Channel "GB News" chaired by Andrew Neil launching - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Hadron Collider

Was it because Trump promoted it? Or because Trump was using it, with no evidence to try and deflect from his own failings and issues with China in general, and resulted in increased aggression towards asians in the states?

It was because Trump promoted it, yes.

You don't know what evidence he had. The president is privy to confidential intelligence briefings that are not made public.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

You don't know what evidence he had. The president is privy to confidential intelligence briefings that are not made public.

You just mentioned the T word...run for the hills mate...the pitch fork mob are coming!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You just mentioned the T word...run for the hills mate...the pitch fork mob are coming!!!

Its akin to Candyman, merely mention his name and they come crawling out of the woodwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Was it because Trump promoted it? Or because Trump was using it, with no evidence to try and deflect from his own failings and issues with China in general, and resulted in increased aggression towards asians in the states?

I suspect you're right. Hard to take anything that Dotard says seriously about anything. Here's some of his covid classics

Trump said it was 15 cases and pretty soon it would be none and it was under control.

Trump continuously praised China in regard to covid for months and months.

Trump in tapes for Bob Woodward's book stated it was much deadlier than the flu and that he loves to play it down. Publicly saying it was just a flu.

Suggested injecting your self with bleach and sticking a torch up your arse as a cure for covid..

I don't know why they champion such an disingenuous idiot. Birds of feather perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,233 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The possibility that COVID-19 stemmed from a Wuhan lab leak was dismissed by all the "respectable" (i.e., left-wing) media outlets as a fringe conspiracy theory, due to the fact that Donald Trump promoted it. Discussion of such a possibility was banned entirely on Facebook. The mainstream media clung to their self-established "fact" that COVID-19 had emerged from human contact with an infected animal.

Guess what ... it is now known that three scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology were hospitalized in late 2019 with symptoms consistent with COVID-19, and Biden has ordered a fresh investigation into the virus's origins.

The media now has egg on its face because, for ideological reasons due to its implacable opposition to Trump, it failed to investigate a plausible origin of COVID. Instead, it sat sneering at the right-wingers and their crazy ideas.

The line between fact and propaganda is often not so obvious, and it's not always GB News or Fox News that is on the wrong side of it.

Ugh...I don't know why I'm even bothering replying to what's more than likely re-reg that won't be here next week...

...but, the reason that the "respectable" media outlets aren't "reporting" on the Wuhan lab nonsense is precisely because it is just a fringe conspiracy theory and based on absolutely fuck all.

If and when something actually verifiable with solid fact emerges, they'll report on it.

That's the difference between NEWS and propaganda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What's this "Freedom Day" that they have keep going on about on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I love the fact people are calling GBeebies. Quality nickname.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I don't accept that the BBC, Channel 4 or RTE are particularly biased I have heard plenty of opposing views on those channels.
    What I hate about the likes of GB news is that they are promoting their bias. It is a badge of honour that they are going to promote a particular world view.
    That is not compatible with any kind of self respecting news organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

This is the sort of high quality stuff that would go down well on GBNews, you should fire in a CV.

namloc1980 wrote: »

The date given by Boris for an end to restrictions...or most of them anyway.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Well in fairness it's a channel aimed at dickheads and those with a very poor grasp on reality, so their output so far is pretty much on target.
    This is the sort of high quality stuff.

I'm not in the same league as some of the high quality posters on this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Have to admit I'm enjoying the salty tears of the usual suspects....not quite as much as when the human turd lost the US presidency or when the mods closed down the antifa thread but enjoyable all the same.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭uptherebels

You don't either, but you are adamant it was there!
    What we do know is that he wasn't a fan of briefings, didn't believe his security agencies when they didn't tell him what he wanted to hear and showed no evidence to back up his nonsense.
    Why would he keep evidence of it covered up?
    Unless it got lost in the post with hunters laptop and his health plan of course.

The possibility that COVID-19 stemmed from a Wuhan lab leak was dismissed by all the "respectable" (i.e., left-wing) media outlets as a fringe conspiracy theory, due to the fact that Donald Trump promoted it. Discussion of such a possibility was banned entirely on Facebook. The mainstream media clung to their self-established "fact" that COVID-19 had emerged from human contact with an infected animal.

Guess what ... it is now known that three scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology were hospitalized in late 2019 with symptoms consistent with COVID-19, and Biden has ordered a fresh investigation into the virus's origins.

The media now has egg on its face because, for ideological reasons due to its implacable opposition to Trump, it failed to investigate a plausible origin of COVID. Instead, it sat sneering at the right-wingers and their crazy ideas.

The line between fact and propaganda is often not so obvious, and it's not always GB News or Fox News that is on the wrong side of it.

Just to clarify this, Trump said something without evidence. That's dangerous and irresponsible to do on a global stage. Have the origins investigated but speculating isn't helpful, particularly in that role. In the same way his speculating on treatments was dangerous. So yep deserved criticism.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Ugh...I don't know why I'm even bothering replying to what's more than likely re-reg that won't be here next week...

...but, the reason that the "respectable" media outlets aren't "reporting" on the Wuhan lab nonsense is precisely because it is just a fringe conspiracy theory and based on absolutely fuck all.

Lol.

They are reporting on it, and no longer regarding it as a fringe conspiracy theory.

See, for example, Covid origin: Why the Wuhan lab-leak theory is being taken seriously (BBC).

Or my favorite: Facebook no longer treating 'man-made' Covid as a crackpot idea (Politico).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,233 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Lol.

They are reporting on it, and no longer regarding it as a fringe conspiracy theory.

See, for example, Covid origin: Why the Wuhan lab-leak theory is being taken seriously (BBC).

Or my favorite: Facebook no longer treating 'man-made' Covid as a crackpot idea (Politico).

Pfft. Then what are fucking moaning about then. :pac:

Shocking levels of condescension.

Many on the Right of the spectrum would not say the same thing about those who read The Guardian.

Condescension has come to characterize large swathes of the Left; a zealous self-righteous belief in their own moral superiority over those with whom they disagree.

Actually they have, and that's not just including some on this thread.

Also I wouldn't be left leaning in a lot of things on a personal level, I just don't get myself all worked up about people having a different skin colour, religion, sexual orientation etc and other conspiracy theories, and have to spend hours of my life posting about it online that a lot of people do.

Lol.

But you've speculated that he had special knowledge, there's no indication he did. Similarly to how he claimed certain medications prevented covid, he basically engaged in dangerous rhetoric regularly. So it's far more likely that this was more a claim to find an enemy to distract from his disastrous handling of covid. So not a case of the media being mean...

But you've speculated that he had special knowledge, there's no indication he did.

On April 30, 2020, a White House reporter asked Trump: "Have you seen anything at this point that gives you a high degree of confidence that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was the origin of this virus?"

"Yes, I have," he replied.

So he indicated himself that he had special information, which may well turn out to be accurate.

namloc1980 wrote: »

The day when all remaining COVID-19 restrictions are to be lifted in the UK, now delayed until July 19.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

And 3 hours later its still here.

Any of you far left pariahs behind this Twitter account ?
    GBNews Fails , 47k followers.

Some people really need to get out more.

https://twitter.com/GBNewsFails/status/1405529072340332552

Ah here. In fairness; those words being spouted out by Liam Halligan is as equally funny when an email came into the channel by a person naming himself as Hugh Janus. I get my coat......:)

On April 30, 2020, a White House reporter asked Trump: "Have you seen anything at this point that gives you a high degree of confidence that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was the origin of this virus?"

"Yes, I have," he replied.

So he indicated himself that he had special information, which may well turn out to be accurate.

And? He claims to have special knowledge of election fraud... He lied throughout his presidency so you'd have to be pretty foolish to believe him at his word. Strange how he didn't produce the evidence at the time... What do you think of when he encouraged the public to take hydroxochloroquine as a preventative of covid-19? Should the media have not criticised that too? There's still no evidence it is but he had a history of pretending to have special knowledge...

Not to go off topic though but the reality is political commentators should hold politicians to account. In general, the UK media seems to be pretty bad at doing so for the most part. Even the likes of national broadcaster haven't been great at it. GBN is unlikely to do so and so far, they look likely to become trashy outrage columns for a mixture of Tories and the far right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Just flicked it on there and they're talking about how amazing the Australian trade deal is for......wine drinkers who will save an average of 11p per bottle when this deal kicks in in 2022 or wherever. Comical stuff.

Strange how he didn't produce the evidence at the time...

You do realize that the president receives classified intelligence briefings?

Tony EH wrote: »
    Pfft. Then what are fucking moaning about then. :pac:

Maybe the year-long delay during which the media, driven by ideological hostility to the US president, refused to countenance any plausible origin of COVID-19 other than that it had a natural occurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I've been on drunken lockdown zoom quizzes that were more professional looking than some of what's been broadcast on that station.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Covid has since been detected in Barcelona sewage going back as far as February 2019, which is yet another nail in the coffin of it emanating from the Wuhan lab 9 months later.

dan1895 wrote: »
    I've been on drunken lockdown zoom quizzes that were more professional looking than some of what's been broadcast on that station.

I love how the haters are all watching it and driving up ratings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,918 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I love how the haters are all watching it and driving up ratings :pac:

You know that's not how ratings are compiled , right ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Just to clarify this, Trump said something without evidence. That's dangerous and irresponsible to do on a global stage.

Evidence schemevidence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement