Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alternative News Channel "GB News" chaired by Andrew Neil launching - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,918 ✭✭✭✭listermint

dan1895 wrote: »
    I've been on drunken lockdown zoom quizzes that were more professional looking than some of what's been broadcast on that station.

Turned it on there . It's mix of babestation and erm Jesus I don't know FM 104 live Facebook feed late night.

Just awful awful awful. This won't see the year out. The investors I'm sure are fuming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Hadron Collider

Inquitus wrote: »
    Covid has since been detected in Barcelona sewage going back as far as February 2019, which is yet another nail in the coffin of it emanating from the Wuhan lab 9 months later.

Unproven, and given the rate of transmission of Covid, unlikely. That result could have arisen from contamination from a positive sample or have been a false positive. It's highly implausible that Covid was circulating in Spain for 9 months with no notable impact before triggering a global pandemic that killed millions.

You do realize that the president receives classified intelligence briefings?
    Perfectly aware but Trump saying he has special intelligence doesn't mean he actually does. He's been claiming to have proof of the election being rigged since he lost. He's not honest and pretty telling how you omitted most of my post which included reasons to not trust him based on his word. :pac:

It's comical how worked up most posters are getting about a TV channel they're not forced to watch. :pac:

Perfectly aware but Trump saying he has special intelligence doesn't mean he actually does.

Nor does it mean he didn't.

It's possible for someone to lie about some things but be perfectly truthful about others. If everyone was either consistently completely truthful or consistently lying, life would be easy -- but they aren't.

At this point, we know about an apparent outbreak of Covid at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV). We also know from a Harvard Medical School study of satellite imagery that there was a surge in traffic around Wuhan's hospitals in August 2019. It's not rocket science to assume that US intelligence services were aware of these developments before the general public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Just flicked it on there and they're talking about how amazing the Australian trade deal is for......wine drinkers who will save an average of 11p per bottle when this deal kicks in in 2022 or wherever. Comical stuff.

I was actually watching that for 10 mins or so, the poor lad they had on to sell the crispy chardonnay was having an awful time... Can they not just spin up a quick zoom link at least :pac: at least Aggie (was she one of the cleaning women in that 90s daytime tv show?) thought she might save a few quid from it

eskimohunt wrote: »
    It's comical how worked up most posters are getting about a TV channel they're not forced to watch. :pac:

It's very important to be outraged about TV stations someone else might watch and books someone else might read.

It's the mentality of the censor, and it's been with us for centuries.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It’s comical how people trying to stick it to the libs have to make up sh*t when the outlet they hoped would do so has turned out to be a real-life version of Anchorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Faugheen wrote: »
    It’s comical how people trying to stick it to the libs have to make up sh*t when the outlet they hoped would do so has turned out to be a real-life version of Anchorman.

There’s more posts claiming posters are outraged than posts by anyone actually outraged.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    There’s more posts claiming posters are outraged than posts by anyone actually outraged.

You clearly haven't read the past 60 pages.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Smee_Again wrote: »

Apparently laughing at it is being outraged nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I’ve been dipping in and out.

You can point me to these outraged posters if you have the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Anchorman had much better production qualities. Like orders of magnitude better.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Oh dear. It turns out that hiring well known presenters is fvck all use to you if your studio crew is a bunch of fresh graduates.

I'd say there are a number of the GBNews "Talent" suddenly realising their gigantic mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

How are you interpreting this as being worked up? The detractors here seem to be having a good laugh at the shambles of it all. They're posting funny clips featuring arses, Mike Oxelong, Cleo Torrez and various technical issues. All in all they seem to be having a great time.

But here's what matters: the Right are winning - everywhere.

Conservatives in the UK, Marine Le Pen looking strong in France, the Italian elections showing strong Euroscepticism. Even Trump managed to score high during the last election.

Right-wing politics and support for the capitalist system and anti-woke values are on the rise.

Leftism is in retreat, again.

In the UK, the Conservatives shattered Corbyn and are likely to retain power until the late 2020s.

Anti-wokery is on the rise. People may not speak it publicly for fear of retribution and abuse, but they privately speak against it.

Support for greater controls on migration are rising.

GB News is a reflection of this, and other, similar rises in right-wing politics.

So, whilst we can bicker here about the mechanics of the channel, there is a much broader conversation going on in the Western world. The Right is winning and on the march, and long may that continue as we quench extreme Leftism, cultural Marxism, and anti-Capitalist sentiment.

And that's why I'm very positive about the outlook, regardless of the communal, pat-on-the-back, collectivist opinion that we see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

So, how long before they start trying to blame cancel culture for, em, being cancelled?

It is pretty unwatchable, for a human.

You do realize that the president receives classified intelligence briefings?

He famously didn't read them. Even when they dumbed them down into shorter cartoon style presentations to try to hold his attention.

Apparently laughing at it is being outraged nowadays

The only anger that I'm detecting is from those annoyed that their worldview enforcer is being laughed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,537 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Can you link to one post where you feel someone was "outraged"?

• Advertisement

The only anger that I'm detecting is from those annoyed that their worldview enforcer is being laughed at.

Currently watching The Andrew Neil Show; and it's just as informative and edifying as when it was on the BBC.

And I'll continue enjoying it, thank you very much. :)

But here's what matters: the Right are winning - everywhere.

Conservatives in the UK, Marine Le Pen looking strong in France, the Italian elections showing strong Euroscepticism. Even Trump managed to score high during the last election.

Right-wing politics and support for the capitalist system and anti-woke values are on the rise.

Leftism is in retreat, again.

In the UK, the Conservatives shattered Corbyn and are likely to retain power until the late 2020s.

Anti-wokery is on the rise. People may not speak it publicly for fear of retribution and abuse, but they privately speak against it.

Support for greater controls on migration are rising.

GB News is a reflection of this, and other, similar rises in right-wing politics.

So, whilst we can bicker here about the mechanics of the channel, there is a much broader conversation going on in the Western world. The Right is winning and on the march, and long may that continue as we quench extreme Leftism, cultural Marxism, and anti-Capitalist sentiment.

And that's why I'm very positive about the outlook, regardless of the communal, pat-on-the-back, collectivist opinion that we see here.

Is this from the same mind that thinks that the people having a laugh in this thread are actually outraged? If it is, I wouldn't put too much stock into it and I'd even go so far as to recommend it take a break, lest it make a further tit of itself.

Is this from the same mind that thinks that the people having a laugh in this thread are actually outraged? If it is, I wouldn't put too much stock into it and I'd even go so far as to recommend it take a break, lest it make a further tit of itself.

As I said, I'm rather optimistic about the outlook! ;)

The outrage against the very presence of GB News shows how unsettled Leftism has become.

They cannot stand the idea of a right-wing, pro-capitalist, anti-woke channel. They won't admit it - so they focus on mundane production values!

You were outraged that people were laughing at it. :D

Quite the opposite.

Since I've mentioned the outrage, the same forces are now pretending to have a sense of humour. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,862 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I assume the choice of name "GB" news and not UK news means these lads couldn't give a toss about NI or the union

The real murder occurred to the same person who applied to become a presenter on GB News:

https://twitter.com/johnlucius/status/1405407859035316228

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Yes she was, hence that big incoherent rant just now to try to change the subject. I wonder will any more bare arses or pedo defenders be on the show tonight? Maybe a live vigil at Jimmy Savage's graveside? Who knows :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I assume the choice of name "GB" news and not UK news means these lads couldn't give a toss about NI or the union

Yes, you are correct.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement