Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Not watching this but read the Guardian live report after 30 mins and it said it was like a training session for City.....what dafuq happened since then?? A Rodgers masterclass or something freaky?

Penalties happend my friend.

Vardy scored a hat-trick today

Transferred him out, getting very hard to pick a captain. Kane could easily of had 3 today. Leicester have 7 shots and score 5 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,220 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've decided I'm just no good at this game anymore.

FT 2-5.

And I can breathe. Somehow survived this day

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My wildcard so far:

bac512ac19f76cef8f978521272b8ce5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

It would be interesting to set up an fpl team made up mostly of penalty takers (where possible)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Not watching this but read the Guardian live report after 30 mins and it said it was like a training session for City.....what dafuq happened since then?? A Rodgers masterclass or something freaky?

A Vardy party happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

thunderdog wrote: »
    It would be interesting to set up an fpl team made up mostly of penalty takers (where possible)

Would be doing pretty dam well so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭siblers

SlickRic wrote: »
    I've decided I'm just no good at this game anymore.

I feel completely lost. I've lost around 60 points from my transfers so far. It's been so bad I haven't even looked at my leagues since I started. I don't want to see how **** I'm doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

10 from 4 today. 30(-4).

Mitro to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭COH

Cant wait to see how many more points I would have had if I hadnt wildcarded

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Everyone did crap today. There will be the odd Vardy/ Wilson/ Bamford owner but that's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody how long Podence is out for?!

thunderdog wrote: »

Ha a lookast night and it is possible get in lots with a cheap defence, but I also don't know all. The penalty takers.

Dont think any defenders take penalties these days for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭COH

Someone posted a team of penalty takers on reddit yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ha a lookast night and it is possible get in lots with a cheap defence, but I also don't know all. The penalty takers.

Dont think any defenders take penalties these days for anyone?

Does PVA take them when he's back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,667 ✭✭✭Cartman78

COH wrote: »
    Cant wait to see how many more points I would have had if I hadnt wildcarded

Don't do it to yourself.

I'm not going to bother checking tbh but I'm pretty certain it's at least eleventy million points

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

5 goals for Leicester and nothing from Barnes is disappointing. Had him in mind for the armband next week at home to West Ham but with Maddison likely to start again he will take away a lot of possibilities. Would love Vardy but Son replacement is priority and not taking any hits yet. Captain Mo and Robertson left to add to this weeks 29 so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Looking for a Saiss hattrick and clean sheet please. Neither will happen I suspect, the way this weekend has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,220 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Penalties.

But also, City can't defend. Any team good enough to beat the initial press of midfield is in on the back 4. Especially with someone as quick and clever as Vardy was in behind.

City will hammer teams, but any team good enough defensively (as Leicester were today) have a chance if they're brave.

Ake is not solving their issues. Not quick or dominant enough.

tldr ... don't bench an attacking asset from a half-decent team against City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Took a -4 hit for Podence all for nothing, was looking forward to watching him too

Same here. On the bright side I get Ayling in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I’m also in the -4 Podence camp. Jesus that’s annoying, especially after Kane (c) only managing an assist in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I’m also in the -4 Podence camp. Jesus that’s annoying, especially after Kane (c) only managing an assist in that game.

Outscored most of the other captaincy candidates tbf

How many goals will Klich score next week against City?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

37(-4) with TAA, Saiss, Salah, Soucek, Mitro to go

Much love for Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

How many goals will Klich score next week against City?

Four penalties.

Soucek goal in this will be huge for my OR and my H2H. Lets go!

Be very greedy of me to ask for a Jimmy blank considering how generous the other games have been

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/TimSpiers/status/1310273793689112577?s=19

Hopefully will be okay for next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Soucek goal in this will be huge for my OR and my H2H. Lets go!

Be very greedy of me to ask for a Jimmy blank considering how generous the other games have been

Please no. Sold him for podence for a hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Need Wolves to help me out. I've Jimenez and Saiss in the next one. Was hoping for Podence as well but I'll only get a point from Mitchell subbing in for him.

Jimenez hat-trick and two Saiss goals from set-pieces please.

Advertisement