Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Should the fact the final whistle went have impacted that decision at the end?

No, handball was before whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

F1ngers wrote: »
    No, handball was before whistle.

I know that, but the Whistle going usually means game over

• Registered Users Posts: 33,106 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm also surprised that they're allowed restart the game because they've spotted something that happened before the final whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭munster87

munster87 wrote: »
    If March consistently starts he could be a nice 5th mid at 5.0

Grabbed a goal but I’m thinking he surely doesn’t get space like he did today against a decent defence

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭siblers

CSF wrote: »
    I'm also surprised that they're allowed restart the game because they've spotted something that happened before the final whistle.

But they need time to review it too, the Whistle went around 5 seconds after the header, I think it would be a different story if play went on for another minute

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Should the fact the final whistle went have impacted that decision at the end?

YES. The game was over. otherwise we can get Ref come back out of th edressing room to check VARS afterwards. Technically a mistake by the Ref

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

That was a bit crazy at the end, as a United fan, there’s not one of their players I’d be rushing to get into my team. Will keep Greenwood and Fernandes on the watchlist, Fernandes was really poor today, but still has penalties in his favour.
    Impressed by Brighton, they deserved a win today, definitely will be keeping an eye on Trossard next week, and Maupay, apart from that moment of madness at the end, he looks a better prospect than I had thought.

siblers wrote: »
    But they need time to review it too, the Whistle went around 5 seconds after the header, I think it would be a different story if play went on for another minute

where do you draw the line then?

1 min, 2 mins , 10 mins?

final whistle signals the game is over.

siblers wrote: »
    I get it, but you would have thought that they would need to confirm the review before the referee blows his whistle. Similar to how they couldn't go back and review it if the referee had accidentally allowed another play to start like a goal kick.

I get it, but you would have thought that they would need to confirm the review before the referee blows his whistle. Similar to how they couldn't go back and review it if the referee had accidentally allowed another play to start like a goal kick.

Fair point, probably a mistake by the ref or maybe it was one of those scenarios they didn't account for

I suppose if the ref plays on when the whistle should go because he's wanting on VAR it gives either team a chance to score again and Could cause more issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Perhaps there was a slight delay in the announcement of the penalty to the ref and his blowing for full-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Happy4all wrote: »
    YES. The game was over. otherwise we can get Ref come back out of th edressing room to check VARS afterwards. Technically a mistake by the Ref

Got a source on that?

You’ve been chatting rubbish a few times in here today

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Got a source on that?

You’ve been chatting rubbish a few times in here today

you don't think the game is over when the fulltime whistle blows?

wow

Whether right or wrong, it's 8 points more for Bruno!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Happy4all wrote: »
    you don't think the game is over when the fulltime whistle blows?

wow

Not with VAR

Perhaps there was a slight delay in the announcement of the penalty to the ref and his blowing for full-time.
    Defo sounds like there was, but I'm surprised to see that they're allowed do that. Full time whistle should really mean game is over.

Tbh, I'm probably guilty of opening a wormhole here, because its not really FPL related. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Defo sounds like there was, but I'm surprised to see that they're allowed do that. Full time whistle should really mean game is over.

Tbh, I'm probably guilty of opening a wormhole here, because its not really FPL related. Apologies.

Nah I think it's fine to discuss a major talking point in a match especially a very controversial one such as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

7 from 3 there. Meh. At least Lamptey justified the -4

Tony Two Gloves on borrowed time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Werner playing midfield???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭Invincible

Everton game on NBCSN too.

• Advertisement

I love bruno!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

DCL goal again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Another DCL hatty today

• Registered Users Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

A bit crap not have a few games on at 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Coleman assist btw.

James assisting the assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,221 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

DCL is scoring at least 20 this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭Invincible

wonski wrote: »
    DCL goal again.

What odds for golden boot I wonder....
    6/1 fourth favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Werner playing midfield???

?
    They're not playing until 5.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

?
    They're not playing until 5.30

Lineup has Abraham in it as well. So I'm wondering.

Advertisement