Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Palace are a shambles on the one week I play Mitchell.

A shambles is a bit much, it'd be 1 1 but for the mad pen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Was hoping Jay rod would be on pens. One of the reasons I went with him over DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

2 games so far and 3 penalties already.

Many records are gonna be beaten this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

wonski wrote: »
    Many records are gonna be beaten this year.

Everton with the quickest PL win one of them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,164 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mark Noble at 4.9 looking like quite the snip around now. Soucek who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Exactly why I packed my midfield with must haves and cheap defenders.
    Who are these must haves then?
    CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, other than De Bruyne I do not believe this to exist

It's too early in the season to talk about must haves and what a must have constitutes. For instance with the amount of penalties this season - would Klich for Leeds be a must have?

Is Salah a must have - yes he got a hattrick first game of season - but two of them were penalties - and if Milner was on the pitch he probably would have taken them.

KdB looked sharp and with city's injuries, coupled with him on penalties - he probably is a must have.

Bruno - united were shocking today - and he was probably lucky not to get a second yellow card.

Son - very streaky player - but has others have pointed out - spurs won't be playing against a high line every week

You then have a rake of midprice players who are performing well and could provide value at their price point- Zaha/Townsend/Trossard/Barnes/Podence/Foden and even Greenwood/Rashford were sharp when united went forward

You then have some players that haven't played yet - looking at Pulisic, and maybe Bale when he plays - they then might be considered "must halves".

Finally if Liverpool get a CS on Monday night - would you classify their defenders as must halves in a season where no one else can keep a CS?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

A few second half goals from Everton would be nice albeit it’s only James I have in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It's too early in the season to talk about must haves and what a must have constitutes. For instance with the amount of penalties this season - would Klich for Leeds be a must have?

Is Salah a must have - yes he got a hattrick first game of season - but two of them were penalties - and if Milner was on the pitch he probably would have taken them.

KdB looked sharp and with city's injuries, coupled with him on penalties - he probably is a must have.

Bruno - united were shocking today - and he was probably lucky not to get a second yellow card.

Son - very streaky player - but has others have pointed out - spurs won't be playing against a high line every week

You then have a rake of midprice players who are performing well and could provide value at their price point- Zaha/Townsend/Trossard/Barnes/Podence/Foden and even Greenwood/Rashford were sharp when united went forward

You then have some players that haven't played yet - looking at Pulisic, and maybe Bale when he plays - they then might be considered "must halves".

Finally if Liverpool get a CS on Monday night - would you classify their defenders as must halves in a season where no one else can keep a CS?

Klich/KDB/Son/sterling/Rodriguez

Is what I went for in the end.

Richarlison booked.

Willy in goals, Werner plays and so does Abraham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

WEST BROM TEAM NEWS

Team to play Chelsea: Johnstone, Furlong, Bartley, Ajayi, O'Shea, Townsend, Pereira, Livermore (C), Saywers, Diangana, Robinson

Subs: Button, Robson-Kanu, Phillips, Harper, Edwards, Kipre, Field

CHELSEA TEAM NEWS

Team to play West Brom: Caballero, James, Christensen, Thiago Silva (C), Alonso, Kante, Kovacic, Mount, Kavertz, Abraham, Werner

Subs: Kepa, Jorginho, Barkley, Tomori, Giroud, Hudson-Odoi, Azpilicueta

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 33,164 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Willy in goals, Werner plays and so does Abraham
    Pros and cons for Werner owners. He won't be number 9, but Jorginho isn't playing so he might take pens. Abraham was a good peno taker for Villa though. Scored some big ones in the playoffs the year we went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Jamrod off

James off, Iwobi on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

0(-4) from 0 so far

HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Just DCL so far for me. Werner in the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

-2 from 1. (gahaa-Dunk)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not crazy about my most expensive forward being out wide but he does tend to perform better when he has a partner who will do the ugly work, like Poulsen did at Leipzig. We'll see how it goes. My fear is he finds himself stuck on the periphery of the box all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

Got rid of Werner on my WC... mega fear

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not crazy about my most expensive forward being out wide but he does tend to perform better when he has a partner who will do the ugly work, like Poulsen did at Leipzig. We'll see how it goes. My fear is he finds himself stuck on the periphery of the box all game.

He's very good driving at players, if he gets any bit of space he will kill them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

16 from 4 so far, nobody in this one and just Taylor left today. Relieved to see Ricky get the bps after going with him over DCL

Was he ever considered a cf anyway?

From what I could see and read and hear from those who watched Bundesliga he was always a wing player, LF rather than centre.

Very quick and in the centre of anything that could lead to a goal anyway. Definitely a final chance for him to provide points, if not mass exodus and price drop is to be expected.

Robinson goal. Chelsea clean sheet gone already!

Pereira with the assist.

Robinson goal. Chelsea clean sheet gone already!

Clean sheets? I don't even remember how to spell clean anymore :)

Alonso booked.

He looks slow. And dangerous.

Alonso struggling and picks up a booking. Chilwell will have that spot soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Like the look of Pereira for the next few weeks.

Abraham misses after a great cross from James.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Abraham misses after a great cross from James.

Wish that was Werner on the end of that cross

• Advertisement

Werner off the crossbar! Thought that was the moment.

Advertisement