Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Who would be the top 3 strikers to get in right now, if money isn't an issue? (Ignore Kane and Ings, as I have them).

dcl jimi and bamford i would say currently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Who would be the top 3 strikers to get in right now, if money isn't an issue? (Ignore Kane and Ings, as I have them).

Vardy, Dcl and Jimi for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Maupay, Bamford or Lacazette would be my third pick if i had kane/Ings

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Is Salah and Mane overkill for the next 4 GW's?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Yeah no major issues to put out, original plan was to get KDB in last week but needed to get Everton cover so went for Ricky. Have managed to avoid taking hits so far, Used FT early to ditch Werner for Jimmi and have 3.5 itb....just have a sneaky feeling city will do a job on Leeds and want some cover!

I’m in a similar situation. Did my free transfer already: Werner to jimi

I now have 2.5 in the bank with Bruno and greenwood in midfield. I was temped with Bruno to sterling as I think the Leeds v city game will be very open with lots of goals. Although sterling could blank and Bruno gets a pen and double digit score! Can’t see an obvious transfer on greenwood for a hit! Son would of been perfect if he was fit with a good fixture

• Advertisement

Thiago tests positive for covid

Dice75 wrote: »
    Is Salah and Mane overkill for the next 4 GW's?

Do you have KDB or Sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Do you have KDB or Sterling?

No. This is my quandry, double up on Pool midfield or bring in one of the above (have Robertson already also)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Thiago tests positive for covid

That's the Liverpool Thiago in case anyone (like me) thought it was the Chelsea lad

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That's the Liverpool Thiago in case anyone (like me) thought it was the Chelsea lad

Didn’t even think of that !

• Advertisement

Dice75 wrote: »
    No. This is my quandry, double up on Pool midfield or bring in one of the above (have Robertson already also)

I saw a lot of wildcard teams with KDB and Salah which I liked the look of with the penalty situation at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

City and united not playing in GW4???

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    City and united not playing in GW4???

Scratch this. The fixture thing on fpl has city United games down as GW 5 :O

Very conflicted. Waiting as late as possible for the transfer. I want vardy. But want to make sure he plays.

Son and Werner out for Vardy and probably zaha.

If vardy is not fit, its a conundrum between the following:

Jimenez
    Kane
    Laca
    Maupay (offers option of sterling or Auba instead of zaha)

Opinions welcome. Not keen on ings as I already have McCarthy and kwp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

What are Peps criteria for giving Mahrez a start? Have him from the outset but he's only started once, I had him benched and missed out on 12 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Very conflicted. Waiting as late as possible for the transfer. I want vardy. But want to make sure he plays.

Son and Werner out for Vardy and probably zaha.

If vardy is not fit, its a conundrum between the following:

Jimenez
    Kane
    Laca
    Maupay (offers option of sterling or Auba instead of zaha)

Opinions welcome. Not keen on ings as I already have McCarthy and kwp.

On your last point I wouldn't let that influence your decision on Ings. You chose the SOU def double up, if anything I'd be getting rid of one of those and going with Ings. He's shown how consistent he is all year.

FWIW I'm also getting rid of Son/Werner (although after his goal last night it could open the gates) and I'm going for Vardy and a 8.4m or below mid. Most likely Mahrez, I'm expecting a City backlash against Leeds and already have KdB. Fancy a double up.

Sterling/Maupay isn't a bad shout but I'm never convinced by Sterling myself. I'd rather have Mahrez and the extra 3m. Different strokes.

I really dislike owning those players like Sterling, PEA, Zaha as they frustrate the life out of me even in games when they get big scores. Hate watching them as an owner.

What are Peps criteria for giving Mahrez a start? Have him from the outset but he's only started once, I had him benched and missed out on 12 points!

Pep is Pep. We could give you 5 differing opinions on that and could all be wrong!

However, here's my take.
    The first game you mentioned against Wolves, Jesus started up front. The 3 behind were Sterling KdB Foden. Jesus got injured and missed the Leicester game.

So Sterling started up top, the 3 behind were Foden KdB and his replacement Mahrez. This is how I see them lining up against Leeds also. Again, it's just my take.

FYI never leave an 8.4m mid on your bench :P

On your last point I wouldn't let that influence your decision on Ings. You chose the SOU def double up, if anything I'd be getting rid of one of those and going with Ings. He's shown how consistent he is all year.

FWIW I'm also getting rid of Son/Werner (although after his goal last night it could open the gates) and I'm going for Vardy and a 8.4m or below mid. Most likely Mahrez, I'm expecting a City backlash against Leeds and already have KdB. Fancy a double up.

Sterling/Maupay isn't a bad shout but I'm never convinced by Sterling myself. I'd rather have Mahrez and the extra 3m. Different strokes.

I really dislike owning those players like Sterling, PEA, Zaha as they frustrate the life out of me even in games when they get big scores. Hate watching them as an owner.

Yep. I know I chose the Southampton Def double up and I'm happy enough, got 12 points out of it last week.

Yeah Mahrez not a bad shout but whether he even starts or plays is another thing... I have kdb as well and was fancying the double up too. Sterling will start is the difference.

Want to wait until Fri on off chance vardy does not make it. Wouldn't be surprised if he opted to rest on sat if hip is still bad after playing on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Mahrez had Covid so likely very little time with the team pre Wolves.

Reckon he is a cert to start at weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

How long do people expect Jimmy Dunne to stay in the Burnley team?

I'd expect Brewster will be a shoe in for most teams once he moves, edging closer to Sheff United move I believe.

Cheap striker in the game with a big upside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Blanco100 wrote: »

I'd expect Brewster will be a shoe in for most teams once he moves, edging closer to Sheff United move I believe.

Mee and Tarkowski will be back from injury very soon so Dunne will be done.

Blanco100 wrote: »

I actually don't think that he'll be a shoe in if he moves. If he was half a good as they expect him to be - why not keep him and give him run outs in all the cup games or at the very least send him on loan? I'm looking at the likes of Jones for instance he's made every bench in league so far and has played mins - whereas Brewster hasn't even made the bench.

Moving from the champions to a team in disarray can play mentally on a young players mind - the service won't be a good, the goals may not come.

He may end up like Greenwood did - but remember Greenwood didn't get much game time until the second half of the season, and was playing with an attack minded team who set him up etc.

Even if he does get the minutes at Sheffield - very few will have him starting every week and so will probably miss his goals if he gets them.
    dsmythy wrote: »
    dsmythy wrote: »

Tarkowski could be gone by time window closes - as there have been a few bids for him.

I would tend to believe that Dunne probably will lose his place, however i think he has done quite well and will probably be a bench player most weeks. At 4.0m he's probably the best option available.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I actually don't think that he'll be a shoe in if he moves. If he was half a good as they expect him to be - why not keep him and give him run outs in all the cup games or at the very least send him on loan? I'm looking at the likes of Jones for instance he's made every bench in league so far and has played mins - whereas Brewster hasn't even made the bench.

We're talking about Sheffield Utd who haven't scored in their first 3 games. Paying £25m for a young striker, I'd expect him to start. Maybe not every game but why else would they be buying him. I'm holding him because he should get far more minutes and points than the other 4.5m FWs (not much competition there granted).

We're talking about Sheffield Utd who haven't scored in their first 3 games. Paying £25m for a young striker, I'd expect him to start. Maybe not every game but why else would they be buying him. I'm holding him because he should get far more minutes and points than the other 4.5m FWs (not much competition there granted).

Holding him and starting him are two different things though. Are people buying him because he should get minutes and can sub in if needed, or are people buying him with the intention of playing with 3 strikers each week?

They might be buying him because they think 25m is good business, and they can keep him a few years and he get develop into a good player. McGoldrick is 33 soon, and sharpe is 34 - both probably won't be around in a year or two's time.

McGoldrick works tireless to the team - so dropping him will change how they play. Oli McBurnie cost them £20m so by your logic he won't be dropped. Are they they going to play 3 strikers?

Also they will only pay £25m because pool probably won't accept anything less and the blades feel like they need another forward as Mousset is out injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Moving from the champions to a team in disarray can play mentally on a young players mind - the service won't be a good, the goals may not come.

He may end up like Greenwood did - but remember Greenwood didn't get much game time until the second half of the season, and was playing with an attack minded team who set him up etc.

Even if he does get the minutes at Sheffield - very few will have him starting every week and so will probably miss his goals if he gets them.

Tarkowski could be gone by time window closes - as there have been a few bids for him.

I would tend to believe that Dunne probably will lose his place, however i think he has done quite well and will probably be a bench player most weeks. At 4.0m he's probably the best option available.

I think Liverpool are actually reluctant to sell him but needs must. They have not attracted much interested in the players they really wanted shut of (the likes of Wilson, Karius, Grujic maybe even Shaqiri), players they would have got big money for (well not Karius) were it not for the pandemic causing clubs to be cautious.

It has resulted in them letting go of some of their best younger talent (See Ki-Jana Hoever going to Wolves aswell) as these were more in demand.

Looks like Liverpool are insisting in a buy back clause for Brewster aswell (unusualy for an English club) so to say he is not rated at all isn't true.

I think he will play for Sheff United, Wilder actually presented a dossier of evidence to Liverpool earlier in the window detailing how he would use Brewster should they allow him move on loan, so now they may actually be buying him outright I think he will do very well there.

He is a poacher type CF, something they don't have (maybe Billy Sharp is closest comparison), he will surely play. He look a cut above in the championship with Swansea in his first real taste of senior football with 11 goals in 20 odd games.

Excellent option up front if people wanted to free up money for midfield.

Holding him and starting him are two different things though. Are people buying him because he should get minutes and can sub in if needed, or are people buying him with the intention of playing with 3 strikers each week?

They might be buying him because they think 25m is good business, and they can keep him a few years and he get develop into a good player. McGoldrick is 33 soon, and sharpe is 34 - both probably won't be around in a year or two's time.

McGoldrick works tireless to the team - so dropping him will change how they play. Oli McBurnie cost them £20m so by your logic he won't be dropped. Are they they going to play 3 strikers?

Also they will only pay £25m because pool probably won't accept anything less and the blades feel like they need another forward as Mousset is out injured.

I can't talk to why people are buying him, I can only speak for myself. He's been in my team since day 1 on the basis that he's the 4.5m FW most likely to get minutes (assuming he gets a move).

I'll decide how I use him if and when he gets said move, but if he looks like starting most games he will be in my team in a 3-4-3 formation.

Just because McGoldrick works hard doesn't make him undroppable. Strikers are there to score goals and so far Sheffield Utd have a big old zero for goals scored.

On McBurnie, that wasn't my logic at all. Football is pretty ruthless these days. Regardless of what McBurnie cost he could be dropped easily aswell, if he isn't scoring.

I see that Lad Torres with City scoring and providing assists - just what we don't need another attack minded player at city - risk that one of Foden/Sterling/Mahrez could be benched for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Another DCL hatty!!

I’ve exactly enough for Mitrovic to DCL for a -4.

This genuinely feels like a Vardez year where I kept refusing to get one in thinking they’d slow down.

I might just get it done & wait til he breaks

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Another DCL hatty!!

I’ve exactly enough for Mitrovic to DCL for a -4.

This genuinely feels like a Vardez year where I kept refusing to get one in thinking they’d slow down.

I might just get it done & wait til he breaks

In a similar situation myself.

I don’t own him because - I bought him at 7.0 in my WC team. I tinkered. I hadn’t realised he gone up in price. He was then 7.1 so, to save face, I didn’t bring him back in.

The smallest things can have the biggest of impacts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

In a similar situation myself.

I don’t own him because - I bought him at 7.0 in my WC team. I tinkered. I hadn’t realised he gone up in price. He was then 7.1 so, to save face, I didn’t bring him back in.

The smallest things can have the biggest of impacts.

I’ve gone ahead & done it.

Bit the bullet now

Advertisement