Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I know people are saying hold Son, it's only 1gw. But we don't know that for certain, and also I'll probably Wildcard in the next few weeks. So I'm swapping Son for someone.

That's the other reason I'm keeping Werner.
    It would be a -4 to get rid so if he even gets a 6 pointer, I'd be relying on his replacement to get at least a 10.

Same realisation I came to..

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Same realisation I came to..

I have DCL already as well so it's not a major concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

I have also changed my mind on Werner. I'm keeping him for one more rather than the 4 point hit.

Yeah, I've been forced to do that to avoid the -4pt hit too... BUT... if Werner doesn't start scoring, out he goes!!!

Okon wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been forced to do that to avoid the -4pt hit too... BUT... if Werner doesn't start scoring, out he goes!!!

100pc, I was set on shipping him this week so if he doesn't score this week he'll be gone!

Mourinho indicating son might play :( an hour after I shipped him out. Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mourinho indicating son might play :( an hour after I shipped him out. Jesus.

He said that 3 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Best Wolves midfield option? Podence, Neto, Mutinho, Traore, Nevas.

Early thought is Nevas or Neto...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Wolves don't look half as good without Jota

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Brewster could be a steal at 4.5m with his move to Sheffield Utd.
    Probably leave it a few weeks before starting him as they've tough fixtures ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

Son to Rodriguez. Gets me into that Everton team and frees up some cash for future improvements...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Jota wasn't always in the team. Started on the bench a good bit last season. I think they just had an off day against West Ham. Wovles are a brilliant side.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

L.S.F wrote: »
    Best Wolves midfield option? Podence, Neto, Mutinho, Traore, Nevas.

Early thought is Nevas or Neto...

Definitely not Neves or Moutinho. They rarely get points.

I'd go with Podence or Neto

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Fleck to Sterling done, hoping for a goalfest at Elland Road. Might Captain him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Jota wasn't always in the team. Started on the bench a good bit last season. I think they just had an off day against West Ham. Wovles are a brilliant side.

Agreed. That's a very flippant statement to make about them. Beat Sheffield Utd away 2-0, great result. Were very close to drawing/winning that match against City - they were on top in the second half. The West Ham games looks to be a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

No idea what to do! But think I'll use the wildcard within the next 2 GWs so fancy a flutter. Willing to go -4 and have 1FT:

Salah - KdB - Soucek - Son (Reed)
    Werner - DCL - Mitro

0.3 ITB + KWP as first sub for added context

Feel like I'm now keeping Werner another week now. It's a combination of Son and Mitro out for -4 that I'm looking at, and arrive at:

Son + Mitro -> Jimi + Foden

No certainty on Podence being fit, and Jimi against Fulham seems wise. A 2nd attacker against Leeds would be nice but it'd be classic Pep to bench Foden despite him having no international football to play!

Open to suggestions.

Classic Prodston would have already signed Trossard, the man is due!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

No idea what to do! But think I'll use the wildcard within the next 2 GWs so fancy a flutter. Willing to go -4 and have 1FT:

Salah - KdB - Soucek - Son (Reed)
    Werner - DCL - Mitro

0.3 ITB + KWP as first sub for added context

Feel like I'm now keeping Werner another week now. It's a combination of Son and Mitro out for -4 that I'm looking at, and arrive at:

Son + Mitro -> Jimi + Foden

No certainty on Podence being fit, and Jimi against Fulham seems wise. A 2nd attacker against Leeds would be nice but it'd be classic Pep to bench Foden despite him having no international football to play!

Open to suggestions.

Classic Prodston would have already signed Trossard, the man is due!

Trossard is a good shout!

Allan & Gomes will not be playing tomorrow so Everton will be without that protection there.

Brighton have started wellish & have been very open scoring lots of goals.

Everton are obviously full of confidence and so will attack this game w/o compensating for the 2 lads who protect.

Expecting goals.

Take a punt on Trossard if WC over or after int break

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Thinking of keeping Werner and using my 2FTs on Son and Mitrovic to Foden and Jimenez.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

After being ‘let’s keep Son and bank the transfer’ all week, I’m looking at my GW5 team now and thinking that unless something happens this week, I’d end up wanting to bank it again. There is nobody I want out of my squad.

Let’s say Saiss gets benched this week, I’ll still have a free transfer to take him out next week.

Bringing in Mahrez/Havertz this week and having the option to go straight back to Son next week if I so choose (although West Ham doesn’t seem quite as plum as it did) seems more appealing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Right pain that Lescelles in flagged now as well - along with Reed, Son, and Ricky.
    Not sure what the best course of action is - any transfer would be for a hit, sounds like Ricky has late fitness test - so be annoying to transfer him out and for him to make it, might just do Son to somebody - just not to sure who

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think i'll bank for the first time this season. .1m short of getting Vardy in for Werner so i'll have 2 free transfers for after the international break.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Will Richarlison start do ye think? Have Pereira Coleman and Lamptey on the bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Will Richarlison start do ye think? Have Pereira Coleman and Lamptey on the bench.

Being assessed.
    Why is Coleman on the bench against Brighton?

Get a 4.0/4.5 defender and use the funds elsewhere.

Son very close to a drop tonight.
    Was hoping to bank, might get rid to save TV and bring him in cheaper on WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

F1ngers wrote: »
    Son very close to a drop tonight.
    Was hoping to bank, might get rid to save TV and bring him in cheaper on WC.

If he doesn’t go tonight, he goes tomorrow. He doesn’t play til Sunday so no way of things being redeemed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

did Werner and Son to Ings and Mané

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Looking at Son replacements. Worried about Mahrez starting after people pointed out he's played 270 minutes in 3 games.

Barnes, Foden or Trossard?
    Tempted by Trossard, he was desperately unlucky not to hit a monster score against Utd. Seems a bit punty. But with Alan and Gomes out Everton might be weaker at the back.

Foden, I do fancy a City double up against Leeds. Think it'll be a high scoring game. Already have KdB. But is he any more likely to start than Mahrez is the question.

Barnes, it depends if I take that -4 to get Vardy in for Werner. Based on the fixtures I am now tempted to do this. If I do then I won't get Barnes aswell. Head is melted.

CSF wrote: »
    If he doesn’t go tonight, he goes tomorrow. He doesn’t play til Sunday so no way of things being redeemed.

Was -55% to a drop at 02:30 this morning, -99% now.
    Will be wildcarding after int. break so will get rid tonight.

10.5 to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Need to tidy up defence and try build some cash. 0.3 in the bank at the mo.

Thinking Lamptey for Shaw, .4 into bank then. Alternatively add another cheap defensive option with Dunne, 4.0 in for branthwaite.

Defence is currently, Robbo, Shaw, Mitchell, Ayling &. Branthwaite and I usually play 3 at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Looking at Son replacements. Worried about Mahrez starting after people pointed out he's played 270 minutes in 3 games.

Barnes, Foden or Trossard?
    Tempted by Trossard, he was desperately unlucky not to hit a monster score against Utd. Seems a bit punty. But with Alan and Gomes out Everton might be weaker at the back.

Foden, I do fancy a City double up against Leeds. Think it'll be a high scoring game. Already have KdB. But is he any more likely to start than Mahrez is the question.

Barnes, it depends if I take that -4 to get Vardy in for Werner. Based on the fixtures I am now tempted to do this. If I do then I won't get Barnes aswell. Head is melted.

Funnily enough they are the 3 that i was looking at.

There is a high enough chance that one of Mahrez/Foden will be benched - just a pain getting that wrong. If we get it right this GW, and they hit double digit return - we have the same Issue then the GW after internationals - not sure it's a gamble i want every week.

Barnes - hit and miss - could get double digit score every 4/5 games - hard to know - Maddison is back playing and showing some promise -only played 20 mins and got goal and assist against city.

Who else is there really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

manual_man wrote: »
    did Werner and Son to Ings and Mané

Might want to rethink that one. Tested positive for Covid

Advertisement