Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc monitor upgrade

Options
2»

Comments

Personally if i was going 4K i'd go for a 144hz model but there aren't too many of them out there and they are quite expensive.
    I'm sure 60hz should be good enough for single player games but for longevity i'd want to go for 144hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

On the LG ive found fast the best overall profile for most things.

The default color profile is a bit saturated but I prefer that look myself. I dont do any colour accuracy work,i only game and college work.

Don't think I could go back to 60Hz. Dont get me wrong,I do switch the refresh to 60Hz for games that have no chance of hitting at least 100Hz but not having the option of 144Hz for fast paced games would make me sad.

Congrats and enjoy Wonda Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

EoinHef wrote: »
    On the LG ive found fast the best overall profile for most things.

The default color profile is a bit saturated but I prefer that look myself. I dont do any colour accuracy work,i only game and college work.

Don't think I could go back to 60Hz. Dont get me wrong,I do switch the refresh to 60Hz for games that have no chance of hitting at least 100Hz but not having the option of 144Hz for fast paced games would make me sad.

Congrats and enjoy Wonda Boy

Thanx fella, its a cracking piece of kit for the price. If I paid €800+ for it Id be happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Personally if i was going 4K i'd go for a 144hz model but there aren't too many of them out there and they are quite expensive.
    I'm sure 60hz should be good enough for single player games but for longevity i'd want to go for 144hz.

But there are no graphics cards available at a reasonable price yet to run 4k 144Hz. Best card at min is the 3090 but that is out of reach of a lot of people.

But there are no graphics cards available at a reasonable price yet to run 4k 144Hz. Best card at min is the 3090 but that is out of reach of a lot of people.

3080 will get you great performance at 4K if you lower the settings a bit.
    I never game at Ultra so it makes sense for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Zardoz

For anyone interested in a good 32 inch IPS monitor this is a very good deal.
    Its only 60Hz but I have one and the picture is superb.
    https://www.lenovo.com/ie/en/ierewards/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/office/P32p-20C20315UP031-5inch-Monitor-HDMI/p/62A2GAT2UK

Use code EXCLUSIVEWRKIT! to enter site.

I also bagged the P32u-10 last week for 568 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Zardoz wrote: »
    For anyone interested in a good 32 inch IPS monitor this is a very good deal.
    Its only 60Hz but I have one and the picture is superb.
    https://www.lenovo.com/ie/en/ierewards/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/office/P32p-20C20315UP031-5inch-Monitor-HDMI/p/62A2GAT2UK

Use code EXCLUSIVEWRKIT! to enter site.

I also bagged the P32u-10 last week for 568 euro.

It knows it not you :D no entry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Zardoz

greasepalm wrote: »
    It knows it not you :D no entry :P

Did you enter the exclamation mark ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭greasepalm

No i did not ,but will retry with it and same result i get,do you have a model number i could google it.Cheers

Advertisement