Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Werewolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Maybe in a few days if we don't hit a wolf and then the ratio changes. But at the minute there are 18 goodies and 3 wolves. Not putting in the numbers will hurt the village more than the wolves

Yup, agreed. Just putting the idea out there.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Just a thought on the numbers.

If we stop entering the codes, then no more prizes. That includes for the wolf team as well. There will be a point where it would be smart to stop putting the numbers in to minimize the odds of wolves getting anything else.

While I'm not currently advocating not entering the numbers, there is some logic to this. These extra votes are useless to the village, we already outnumber the wolves by a significant number so 2 prizes like today is only of benefit to the wolves who could coordinate their use (as they already know who the wolves are)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Yup, agreed. Just putting the idea out there.

If you agree that the village will be worse off than the wolf team if we don't put the numbers in then why are you suggesting it?

Conor WW wrote: »
    If only there was some sort of source material we could reference to get an idea on what would happen if we didnt input the numbers.

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-if-you-dont-push-the-button-in-Lost

Very clever. We don't push the number sin we get a plane crash and the player pool doubles going by that. The theme is a guide not the be all and end all.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    If you agree that the village will be worse off than the wolf team if we don't put the numbers in then why are you suggesting it?

Worse off in the short term but not the long term. There's only 3 wolves so chances are a lot of villagers will be dying. There's a point of diminishing returns.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Very clever. We don't push the number sin we get a plane crash and the player pool doubles going by that. The theme is a guide not the be all and end all.

The theme combined with the OP saying there would be devastating consequences is fairly straightforward tbh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    No, and I didn't think to ask.

Ok so I went and asked. I've 2 extra votes. Can be different to who my normal vote is for. As I understand it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Not really liking Angus
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Checking in folks.
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29fmv93twl2cay35btt746zpgrokn01p3b0h80d6mh&rid=giphy.gif
    Odd post. Congrats, you’re first on my “possible wolf list” Orla.

Early doors rustling which I like
    Mainly her aggressive approach.
    Yes.
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    Are you pulling that trait from thin air?

Why would a wolf be aggressive so early on?

Typically wolves lay low early on, they dont be aggressive.
    Are you in Orlas pocket already Fiona? Throwing shade on me all afternoon, and for what; pointing out some odd behavior by a player?

Who cares what wolves “normally” do, this is a new game with new rules and probably new players.

Get out of Orlas pocket and start playing this game.
    Two replies to my post. I’d suggest it’s you who’s “panicked”.
    This is an interesting interaction, Angus getting annoyed for Fiona saying its unusual for a wolf to be so aggressive. Accuses her of shading then dives on her being in Orlas pocket. Defensive
    Lol, I bet you’re thinking to yourself Angus was actually right!
    Am I the only one who thinks Orlas behaviour is odd!
    Are you going for it Fi?
    I think we need a plan to stop Orla going on her solo mission to input the numbers this morning. Rather than relying on one person to beat her to it I suggest anyone who is online at 10 inputs the numbers and hopefully one of us gets it in before her?
    Emily WW wrote: »
    Mildly wolfy suggestion here, id say have two or three people on to beat her if required but if loads of us enter we are effectively locking out multiple people. Potential disaster later
    I called out the lack of logic from Angus here, everyone on at 10 frantically entering number could lock loads of us out for 4 phases. I thought it was a slightly wolfy suggestion.
    What!! So you’re happy to let Orla enter the numbers after her bizarre posts yesterday? She basically told us she was entering the codes this morning no matter what and said she wouldn’t be available to be part of the rota at any other time in the game.

You’ve somehow turned me pointing out the obvious to me being a wolf.
    Angus very defensive here again. Reckons he is pointing out the obvious. Focuses again on Orla even though I was advocating others (2 or 3 max) to try get in before her
    Well I’d remove Emily from the list for starters after her comments above. Is she certain she’ll beat Orla to it at 10?
    Then wants me removed, the bolded bit seems odd tbh.
    Nope, read my post again! I said if we want to beat her then two or maybe three others do so. Otherwise we could lock a lot of the village out for 4 phases which is dodgy for the village.

This is a very heavy response to what I wrote
    No response to this
    You'd remove me based on what comments? I'll be on at 10am, id also recommend someone else doing the same in the event of me getting munched, hence my two or three comment earlier

No response to this
    “Our Day 1 Roster”???? I don’t recall anyone but you deciding who went when so you should be calling it Fiona’s day 1 roster.

Also, I don’t think we should rely on just Emily vs Orla at 10am this morning. Something “odd” as Fiona calls it could have a big effect on the village. I will be entering the numbers at 10 also and I suggest at least 2 more do as well. We know Orlas dodge so why risk it??
    Then takes my two or three suggestion and puts it out there as his own idea. The funny thing here is Angus never even tried after saying this which is really weird if he thought me and Orla were bad, why not vote there?
    Well Fiona has nominated Emily to do it (And she has confirmed she is doing it), and we know Orla is doing it also; so won’t the thread be locked anyways?
    What do you suggest Oisin.
    This is factually incorrect, again, I called you out but you ignored it.
    I’m not against Emily or Wendy going first. I am against you making all the decisions. You shouldn’t have suggested yourself going first but more importantly, you shouldn’t have let Emily bully you into making her go first.
    Eh you you really are against me going first and the above bullying remark is bizarre, because it never happened.
    Your now creating a narrative that doesn't exist, you also didn't reply to either of my two posts addressing you but yet call me a bully
    I just want to make sure we stop Orla.
    Forgets about me again, just wants to stop Orla.

Early vote in for Orlando Doom.
    Because she’s a loose cannon.

Orla again. I get shes sussy posting yesterday but I mean you really are solo focused here with no real leans elsewhere but yeah throw comments at me without a hint of evidence.

Angus = Wolf

No sign of Senan yet but he has a vote to his name. He'd want to join in sharpish......

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    No sign of Senan yet but he has a vote to his name. He'd want to join in sharpish......

Im more corncerned with who placed that vote to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Henry - 4th post
    Derry - 8th post
    Wendy - 15th post
    Orla - 16th post
    Fiona - 23rd post
    Holly - 42nd post

#FFA1
    Henry
    Wendy
    Holly

Why those 3? Well they’re posts line up with the code and I wouldn’t be happy voting for the other three right now.

Let’s get the ball rolling and have a chat :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Henry - 4th post
    Derry - 8th post
    Wendy - 15th post
    Orla - 16th post
    Fiona - 23rd post
    Holly - 42nd post

#FFA1
    Henry
    Wendy
    Holly

Why those 3? Well they’re posts line up with the code and I wouldn’t be happy voting for the other three right now.

Wow dude, that's a deepdive. Don't think I'll be looking that way myself. I don't have a strategy but I'll have a look at people's posts later on and decide.

Phil WW wrote: »
    Henry - 4th post
    Derry - 8th post
    Wendy - 15th post
    Orla - 16th post
    Fiona - 23rd post
    Holly - 42nd post

#FFA1
    Henry
    Wendy
    Holly

That's fairly nonsensical Phil tbf since roles were handed out before any of those posts were created

Phil....about Holly.....
    Necro wrote: »
    Game Mod:

Hey folks, there is a technical issue with the Holly WW account so we have swapped it out.

Holly WW is now Phil WW.

OP will be updated when Stu comes back online.

Did you just leave yourself off your own player list?

That's fairly nonsensical Phil tbf since roles were handed out before any of those posts were created

I think the point being made is D1 lynch is a crap shoot most of the time anyway. Someone once did pick all their votes via random.org if memory serves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Not really liking Angus

Early doors rustling which I like

This is an interesting interaction, Angus getting annoyed for Fiona saying its unusual for a wolf to be so aggressive. Accuses her of shading then dives on her being in Orlas pocket. Defensive

I called out the lack of logic from Angus here, everyone on at 10 frantically entering number could lock loads of us out for 4 phases. I thought it was a slightly wolfy suggestion.

Angus very defensive here again. Reckons he is pointing out the obvious. Focuses again on Orla even though I was advocating others (2 or 3 max) to try get in before her

Then wants me removed, the bolded bit seems odd tbh.

No response to this

No response to this

Then takes my two or three suggestion and puts it out there as his own idea. The funny thing here is Angus never even tried after saying this which is really weird if he thought me and Orla were bad, why not vote there?

This is factually incorrect, again, I called you out but you ignored it.

Eh you you really are against me going first and the above bullying remark is bizarre, because it never happened.

Forgets about me again, just wants to stop Orla.

Orla again. I get shes sussy posting yesterday but I mean you really are solo focused here with no real leans elsewhere but yeah throw comments at me without a hint of evidence.

Angus = Wolf
    It’s funny when you write “no response to this” when you haven’t asked a question. I’m adding you to my own list because you composed this rubbish.

FFA#1
    Orla
    Emily
    Tbc

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I voted for him for precisely that reason. I have no time for people that contribute nothing.
    Im more corncerned with who placed that vote to be honest.

You were whingeing when I was going to post the numbers first this morning.

I didn't even attempt to post the numbers and you're still whingeing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Phil....about Holly.....

Did you just leave yourself off your own player list?

Lol lol

I think I’ll have a wee chat with myself first :D

Orla WW wrote: »
    I voted for him for precisely that reason. I have no time for people that contribute nothing.

You were whingeing when I was going to post the numbers first this morning.

I didn't even attempt to post the numbers and you're still whingeing.

Whinging or noticing the unusual nature of your play.

Orla, there are many who have contributed very little to teh game thus far.

Why Senan over others?

• Advertisement

Whinging or noticing the unusual nature of your play.

Whingeing.

Orla, there are many who have contributed very little to teh game thus far.

Why Senan over others?

Because he has the least.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I understand Phil's reasons are fairly wild, using the numbers and who ever posted in the post numbers.

I'm having more trouble understanding your objection, and its your objection that seems nonsensical to me. What do you mean, the roles were handed out before the posts were made? That's saying stuff just to hear the sounds those words make, not for any meaning that those words put one after the other would possibly make, imho.

Whingeing.

Why are you so antagonistic?

Because he has the least.

But he is not alone in having the least.

Again why Senan?

Frank WW wrote: »
    I understand Phil's reasons are fairly wild, using the numbers and who ever posted in the post numbers.

I'm having more trouble understanding your objection, and its your objection that seems nonsensical to me. What do you mean, the roles were handed out before the posts were made?

It seems from Conor's post that Phil was just saying that D1 votes are a crapshoot which is fair enough.

I've no idea what your second sentence is about though. If Phil were being serious then it clearly wouldn't be a good way to decide on who to vote for

Why are you so antagonistic?

You're the antagonistic one.

Dudley can do no right.

dudley-do-right

But he is not alone in having the least.

Again why Senan?

He was rock bottom of the posting list.

Bad alphabet for him.

Youre not exactly filling me with confidence Orla. Youre play isnt exactly making sense

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Watching the bickering and wondering if this dispute was set up in a backroom, wouldn't be the first time.

Advertisement