Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Werewolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

What if the numbers are a bluff? I don't know the show but I wouldn't mind seeing what happens if they are not put in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Hello island!!

Loads of chat for the beginning of D1 which is great.

For the numbers, whilst I agree that there should be some sort of a system in place I wouldn't be wild about making a five day roster in advance for two reasons. .

1) there are far too many chances for someone to due before they are to input there numbers if they are D3/D4. That will then defeat the while purpose of the structure

2) we are just providing the wolves with our tactics from the get go. Not wild about that at all

Also with the numbers. It won't be hard to find out if someone is acting the maggot.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

If the first person entering the numbers ends up being the player that is munched will their post count? Officially they would be dead.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    If the first person entering the numbers ends up being the player that is munched will their post count? Officially they would be dead.

I imagine that once a post is submitted after they have been munched, it wont count.

Like if Donny WW posts the numbers at 10.00am and the munch post appears at 10.01am and hes munched, Donny WW's post wont count.

• Advertisement

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Also with the numbers. It won't be hard to find out if someone is acting the maggot.

Exactly, we can stick to our day 1 roster and if anything odd happens as a result of Orla's tomfoolery, we assess it accordingly.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    I imagine that once a post is submitted after they have been munched, it wont count.

Like if Donny WW posts the numbers at 10.00am and the munch post appears at 10.01am and hes munched, Donny WW's post wont count.

Id say it would count on that timeline as you can post up until a time you are told your dead. Thinking about it more, as they are 2 separate threads, if the code post and munch post were both at 10:00 the code post would have to count as boards doesn’t show seconds only hours and minutes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

All posts that seem to support a rota. Also Phil my love, you'll notice that I was actually the first to suggest the rota system so all this arguing this morning is my fault.
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    Morning folks. Abi checking in for duty. Also happy to jump on the numbers train when needed. Dare I say it, but do we need a rota?
    Phil WW wrote: »
    So what’s our plan with the code. Do we need to make a rota or what?
    Wendy WW wrote: »
    I don’t think there is any harm having a rota.
    Im happy to go with a rota. Again I dont mind being the proverbial canary
    Mary WW wrote: »
    If going with rota I would like evening thanks
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Ok, I'll go rota.

But I'm not making myself available.
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    The grammar police have been shut down Derry

For what it’s worth I’m happy with a rota, also happy to go with the rota posted
    Conor WW wrote: »
    Morning everyone. So on an early morning read back:

Hard luck Steve! Thems are the breaks in WW!

Rota is a good idea but it needs randomisation to ensure wolf influence is mitigated. Wary of us having a helpful wolf organising or encouraging the current order.

Thats all i got....

So we have 8 people out of 22 who are happy to go with a rota. Not a consensus by any means. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll get anywhere near an agreement by 10am (quelle surprise there) and it looks like Orla has a hard on for doing it first anyway so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Maybe we can try again for tomorrow?

Apologies Abi. GMTA x

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Exactly, we can stick to our day 1 roster and if anything odd happens as a result of Orla's tomfoolery, we assess it accordingly.

“Our Day 1 Roster”???? I don’t recall anyone but you deciding who went when so you should be calling it Fiona’s day 1 roster.

Also, I don’t think we should rely on just Emily vs Orla at 10am this morning. Something “odd” as Fiona calls it could have a big effect on the village. I will be entering the numbers at 10 also and I suggest at least 2 more do as well. We know Orlas dodge so why risk it??

• Advertisement

So, no support for not entering the numbers and seeing what happens?

Angus WW wrote: »
    “Our Day 1 Roster”???? I don’t recall anyone but you deciding who went when so you should be calling it Fiona’s day 1 roster.

Also, I don’t think we should rely on just Emily vs Orla at 10am this morning. Something “odd” as Fiona calls it could have a big effect on the village. I will be entering the numbers at 10 also and I suggest at least 2 more do as well. We know Orlas dodge so why risk it??

So despite the rules saying that it needs to be done by a single player and the thread will be locked for 60 minutes after the first input you are happy to suggest this?

So we have 8 people out of 22 who are happy to go with a rota. Not a consensus by any means. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll get anywhere near an agreement by 10am (quelle surprise there) and it looks like Orla has a hard on for doing it first anyway so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

That’s a bit of a stretch saying 8 are happy with rota!! Mary and Orlas quotes do not signal agreement to me and also some quotes are just asking do we need a rota.

Even if it is 8 who have agreed how many of th m agree with the actual rota and how many agree that Fiona has the power to decide the rota??

Brendan WW wrote: »

Absolutely not.

A wolf couldn't be so brazen could they??

All posts that seem to support a rota. Also Phil my love, you'll notice that I was actually the first to suggest the rota system so all this arguing this morning is my fault.

Like what can we do if more players do not show up. We have to have some direction.

Anyone (besides Orla) opposed to Emily and Wendy?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I suggested we hedge that bet Angus by randomising the rota.

Either that, or do it alphabetically amongst those who have signalled availability since, presumably, the mods will have randomised the alphabetical player list.

In addition to that, if the rota'd person hasnt input with 10 mins to go, id recommend we have a backup person in place to input.

Brendan WW wrote: »

Whats your theory on this?

We are told something bad will happen if we dont.

Absolutely not.

A wolf couldn't be so brazen could they??

The OP says its bad for every body. Village and wolves. But maybe it wont be bad. Maybe its a bluff.

So despite the rules saying that it needs to be done by a single player and the thread will be locked for 60 minutes after the first input you are happy to suggest this?

Well Fiona has nominated Emily to do it (And she has confirmed she is doing it), and we know Orla is doing it also; so won’t the thread be locked anyways?
    What do you suggest Oisin.

Either that, or do it alphabetically amongst those who have signalled availability since, presumably, the mods will have randomised the alphabetical player list.

In addition to that, if the rota'd person hasnt input with 10 mins to go, id recommend we have a backup person in place to input.

Why Angus?

I can see your rationale about making sure its random to ensure its not influenced by a wolf, but how can you be sure he or anyone is not a wolf?

• Advertisement

Well Fiona has nominated Emily to do it (And she has confirmed she is doing it), and we know Orla is doing it also; so won’t the thread be locked anyways?
    What do you suggest Oisin.

Well I actually nominated myself to do it, Emily questioned me going first and I suggested she go instead if shes against me.

She agreed.

Agreed.

That’s a bit of a stretch saying 8 are happy with rota!! Mary and Orlas quotes do not signal agreement to me and also some quotes are just asking do we need a rota.

Even if it is 8 who have agreed how many of th m agree with the actual rota and how many agree that Fiona has the power to decide the rota??

Why would anyone be dead against a roster, or more importantly why are you against Emily and Wendy going first.....

Why Angus?

I can see your rationale about making sure its random to ensure its not influenced by a wolf, but how can you be sure he or anyone is not a wolf?

I didnt say Angus should do it.

In fact, ive suggested a 100% impartial way to randomise it by going alphabetical, which the mods will have randomised prior to the game beginning.

I didnt say Angus should do it.

In fact, ive suggested a 100% impartial way to randomise it by going alphabetical, which the mods will have randomised prior to the game beginning.

Sorry I misread. My bad.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I've just added Fiona to my 'ignore list'.

If I see the word rota once more I'll spontaneously combust.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

jfc I remember why I stopped playing. I know that a certain amount of suspicion is required for this game but some people would actually argue that black is white. :rolleyes:

FWIW I don't actually give a fcuk who inputs the numbers as long as someone does it. I'll be watching the numbers thread and will just pop in and enter them if it looks like we'll miss the deadline.

Why would anyone be dead against a roster, or more importantly why are you against Emily and Wendy going first.....

I’m not against Emily or Wendy going first. I am against you making all the decisions. You shouldn’t have suggested yourself going first but more importantly, you shouldn’t have let Emily bully you into making her go first.

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Emily WW
    Fiona WW
    Frank WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Isla WW
    Mary WW
    Nigel WW
    Oisin WW
    Orla WW
    Patrick WW
    Phil WW
    Senan WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW

Im ok with Angus and Abi going first.

• Advertisement

jfc I remember why I stopped playing. I know that a certain amount of suspicion is required for this game but some people would actually argue that black is white. :rolleyes:

FWIW I don't actually give a fcuk who inputs the numbers as long as someone does it. I'll be watching the numbers thread and will just pop in and enter them if it looks like we'll miss the deadline.

I could really go for some fried chicken later.

lhzbk1oiav341.jpg

Advertisement