Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demon's Souls - PS5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I started off with a Knight as that is how I usually play these games, but since magic is apparently OP in this, is there a way to mix a little magic into my build?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Markitron wrote: »
    I started off with a Knight as that is how I usually play these games, but since magic is apparently OP in this, is there a way to mix a little magic into my build?

There is.
    You can learn some basic magic from characters in the nexus.

For advanced magic, you need to find certain characters in various levels.

F1ngers wrote: »
    There is.
    You can learn some basic magic from characters in the nexus.

For advanced magic, you need to find certain characters in various levels.

Is there a viable build for adding magic to my character?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

A few bosses down now in this have done four of the -2 bosses.

Still standard knight character with my longsword wondering if getting
    Boss soul weapons requires a +8longsword plus the soul

Cause if so that's some pain in the ass also don't know which of them is worth it any hints appreciated.

Is there a viable build for adding magic to my character?
    Get your magic up to lvl 14 allows you to equip 2 x basic spells(soul arrow/fire spray) or 1 x medium spell(homing soul/fireball), any of these will be enough to compliment your knight build.

• Advertisement

Get your magic up to lvl 14 allows you to equip 2 x basic spells(soul arrow/fire spray) or 1 x medium spell(homing soul/fireball), any of these will be enough to compliment your knight build.

Perfect thanks, I haven't levelled up yet but the rough plan is to start leveling enough so I fast roll in my Knight Armor

A few bosses down now in this have done four of the -2 bosses.

Still standard knight character with my longsword wondering if getting
    Boss soul weapons requires a +8longsword plus the soul

Cause if so that's some pain in the ass also don't know which of them is worth it any hints appreciated.

Unless you're going for the platinum in this game, I wouldn't pay too much attention to boss soul weapons.
    Your +5/6 sword/mace/katana/axe will be enough to get through the game.

If you are going for platinum, then it's a world of pain(nice kind of pain though).
    You will need to know what you're doing - prepare to grind.

https://demonssouls.fandom.com/wiki/Demon%27s_Souls_Wiki

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You kind of have to get the moonlight great sword though. It may not be much use but it's in every From game, even the mech ones where it has no right to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Perfect thanks, I haven't levelled up yet but the rough plan is to start leveling enough so I fast roll in my Knight Armor

Set yourself free and take off your pants, gloves and helmet. You can fast roll then until you level up. I find fast rolling more important than armour stats.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Set yourself free and take off your pants, gloves and helmet. You can fast roll then until you level up. I find fast rolling more important than armour stats.

Yea I considered that but the armour is weirdly part of the atmosphere of the game for me. Like my player character isn't taking things seriously by walking around with no jocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yea I considered that but the armour is weirdly part of the atmosphere of the game for me. Like my player character isn't taking things seriously by walking around with no jocks.

HA fair point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

FashionSouls 4 life!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You kind of have to get the moonlight great sword though. It may not be much use but it's in every From game, even the mech ones where it has no right to be in.

Indeed it looks class, even made an appearance in BB.

Just cleared the Valley of Defilement last night. The boss was pretty dang easy. Overall I've not had much issue with the bosses, great encounters though!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I do miss bonfires in some way, but its not game breaking for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Incredible game thus far. Haven't been able to put a huge amount of time into it but just cleared boss in 2-1 handy enough. Only boss so far of the 3 I haven't beaten first time round is 1-2
    Giant Knight. Couldn't time his attacks.

Can't believe I've never played these games before. Really enjoying it. Can I just ask!? I spend an inordinate amount of time making sure to destroy every bit of breakables/furniture in the environments I can. Am I wasting my time or do you ever find stuff when breaking them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't believe I've never played these games before. Really enjoying it. Can I just ask!? I spend an inordinate amount of time making sure to destroy every bit of breakables/furniture in the environments I can. Am I wasting my time or do you ever find stuff when breaking them?

You get nothing from breaking it but From Software can be nasty and hid stuff behind it. No point repeatedly breaking stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Explore every single corner if you can. This is a game that consistently rewards (and occasionally punishes :pac:) curiosity. I mean, the pot itself may not always have an item, but you never know where there’s a hidden door :)

The odd time you might find a nice secret passage behind some breakable stuff but the main reason for breaking everything is that it's incredibly satisfying :D
    ABR (always be rolling)

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I increased my endurance and now my Knight can fast roll when I take off my gloves. He still looks like a spare prick though.

• Advertisement

Hey, I've a question about world tendency. Is there any way to bring world tendency back up after you've brought it down to pure dark?

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Hey, I've a question about world tendency. Is there any way to bring world tendency back up after you've brought it down to pure dark?

Beat world bosses and black phantom invaders to shift to white.
    There are also black phantoms in some worlds, defeating them shifts it white too.

Killing some NPCs will send it to black tendency.

Beat world bosses and black phantom invaders to shift to white.
    There are also black phantoms in some worlds, defeating them shifts it white too.

Killing some NPCs will send it to black tendency.
    Thanks for that!

In the original game dying while in human form will shift the world to Black as well. So be careful after a boss, you'll see a lot of bloodstains of people suiciding in the Nexus to avoid this.]

Co-op is probably the fastest and most fun way of getting it to white. If you beat the boss it will shift to white.

In the original game dying while in human form will shift the world to Black as well. So be careful after a boss, you'll see a lot of bloodstains of people suiciding in the Nexus to avoid this.]

Co-op is probably the fastest and most fun way of getting it to white. If you beat the boss it will shift to white.
    I've been playing in Soul form. Actually, can you co-op in Soul form?

I've been playing in Soul form. Actually, can you co-op in Soul form?

You can help other people in co op but you can't invite them to help you.

I am loving the photo mode. After I killed the
    Dragon God
    I spent around 20 mins setting up a victory photo. :o

Is there any way to reallocate your stats?

Is there any way to reallocate your stats?

Nah you're screwed.

Except stats aren't all that important. You'll be fine but you really should think of a build and min max it if you are worried.

• Advertisement

Nah you're screwed.

Except stats aren't all that important. You'll be fine but you really should think of a build and min max it if you are worried.
    Ah ok. I just need 2 more levels for intelligence and was just wondering if I could take 2 of my vitality levels away to make up the difference. Looks like I'll be doing some farming over at 4-2 after work! :pac:

Advertisement