Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skin allergies

Options
  • 26-09-2020 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭

I was prescribed anti histamines as a replacement for sleeping tablets as I have a history with insomnia.
    My doctor said the anti histamines are safer alternative to sleeping tablets, I dont have any allergies.
    Ive taken the ones she prescribed, ive taken over the counter antihistamines and Ive taken Panadol night tablets as they have anti histamines in them.
    Each time ive taken anti histamines I develop a red rash on my chin which spreads up across my face, around my mouth and nose and my rosacea flares up on my cheeks. The rash can take weeks or months to fully clear up and the more times I take antihistamines the worse it gets so I know its caused by them.

Not looking for medical advice just wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen or have any advice? Ive asked my doctor but she's not very helpful with skin issues, I have mild rosacea which flares up from time to time but nothing as bad as when I take anti histamines. Ive stopped taking them entirely, havnt taken any in a month but still have a rash, dry red patches on my skin and rosacea. Wasnt sure where else to post this.
    Thanks

Advertisement