Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robot lawnmower reliability

Options
  • 26-09-2020 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Coming to the end of my third summer with the robot and interested to see how long peoples are lasting before they start giving trouble. Rather than just age I thought usage stats might be better for comparing. How about sharing model, distance or hours use and any problems? Mine is:
    430x
    3 summers done
    4478hours running
    7093 km
    1696 charging cycles
    No problems so far...touch wood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Initial outlay would be useful to compare to lifecycle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Great Post.

Since your mower has driven 7k+ km, have you had to do any form of servicing?

Is there a rating for how many cycles the battery can take before degradation becomes significant?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

_Brian wrote:
    Initial outlay would be useful to compare to lifecycle too.

The 430x is around 3k Euro as far as I know..

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭spose

Ya I paid 2600 for it with a large installation kit. No servicing done other than changing the blades and clearing grass and dog hair off the wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭staples7

spose wrote: »
    Coming to the end of my third summer with the robot and interested to see how long peoples are lasting before they start giving trouble. Rather than just age I thought usage stats might be better for comparing. How about sharing model, distance or hours use and any problems? Mine is:
    430x
    3 summers done
    4478hours running
    7093 km
    1696 charging cycles
    No problems so far...touch wood

Almost identical stats for my 430x but in 2 years. All good so far👠One of the best purchases I’ve ever made. (1968 charging cycles, 7722kms, 4875hrs)

• Advertisement
Advertisement