Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning business

• 27-09-2020 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey all I am thinking of setting up a cleaning business in south of Ireland residential deep cleaning or household cleaning. I was wondering could anybody help in ideas or send me in the right direction for advice on where to start.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Everything depends on the level of business you envisage, will you be a cleaner or a manager?

What is your background in cleaning? Do you have experience of employing people? Are you looking at just yourself as a cleaner, or a team of cleaners? What do you need to know? Are you looking for advice on the business aspects of it? You should contact your local enterprise office https://www.localenterprise.ie/. They will suggest you need to create a business plan, which can be a great way of establishing whether its a good idea for you to attempt it at all.

Presumably you are aware that there is more to cleaning at a professional level than, say, normal house cleaning, even casually cleaning house for someone else, so you might have some research to do, depending, as I said, on your background. You could well find that to operate successfully you have to take on office or business cleaning as well as domestic.

You will also have to look into insurance, employer's regulations and things like supplies, equipment, transport, training employees.

You are also going into an area where people let you into their home on a regular basis so you have to establish trust and reliability in both yourself and your employees, you will have to work on promotion, references, on-line presence.

I employed one of the very few firms in the area where I live (south east) to do a deep clean of a house I bought and they did a pretty feeble job for a ridiculously expensive price. Result? I would neither employ them again, or recommend them. You have to work out how to offer and supply a service that makes you better than, and more recommended than, anyone else in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Molly1415

Thanks for the reply

I will contact my local enterprise board for help and advice on a basic business plan

I have experience in the field just as an employee and outsourcing companies in to the building market.

I come from a family of entrepreneur's so this is the norm however I will need professional advice in relation to public liability and the likes and building an online presence.

Thanks for help

Advertisement