Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How far to soffet board should be insulated?

• 27-09-2020 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

My understanding is that you shouldn’t have insulation on the soffet board but should I cover the brick in these pictures with insulation or is it ok as is? We have some mold on the ceiling below it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The insulation should entirely cover the capping stone (thats the flat block on its side) leaving a gap on the external side for air to flow up and over the insulation.

If you dont cover the block then you can / will get condensation gathering at the internal ceiling wall resulting in mould growth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Its not just the block needs covering, the air needs to be diverted up above the insulation, using a ventilation baffle.
    It should be easy enough done here as the soffit construction means you only need to do the places where the soffit is vented

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement