Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on teaching LC History

Options
  • 27-09-2020 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭

Hi all , I have my first LC History class this year, they have just started 6th year, I had them as 5th years last year. Just fininshing N.Ireland topic at minute, going on to USA and document question then. Just wondering has anyone any tips on teaching LC history . I really want to make a good job of them as I could be CID next year and I think managment will watch this space.

Just looking for ways in which others teach LC history course, i give plenty of notes and do an essay from an exam question on case studies once a week , mark them and give feedback within the week usually. watch clips on documentaries such as bbc spotlight about the troubles, i plan essay questions in some classes things like that. there a fairly academic class, no real bold students all very driven.

Unfortunatly theres very little interaction or class debate, all exam focused talk.

Advertisement