Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE: Drivetime with Sarah McInerney & Cormac O hEadhra

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What kind of an interview was that with Michelle O’Neill?

Poor sound ...couldn’t understand a word she was saying.

Jaysus ,surely get her into a studio.

Must be your reception Brendi, I heard it the best and I was out for my daily run along the border too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Must be your reception Brendi, I heard it the best and I was out for my daily run along the border too.

Must be, strange that Sir Geoff came over loud and clear.

Hope you weren’t on an unapproved road...... I know they aren’t there anymore ,to deflect about fifty posts.

Must be, strange that Sir Geoff came over loud and clear.

Hope you weren’t on an unapproved road...... I know they aren’t there anymore ,to deflect about fifty posts.

'Unapproved roads' were a foreign concept to us Brendi. And reception must've been bad btw as it's 'Jeffery'.
    Jeffers wouldn't take kindly to you ignoring the Anglicisation of his name fadó fadó

'Unapproved roads' were a foreign concept to us Brendi. And reception must've been bad btw as it's 'Jeffery'.
    Jeffers wouldn't take kindly to you ignoring the Anglicisation of his name fadó fadó

Having a bad day today Francie , you are correct.

Having a bad day today Francie , you are correct.

Everyday the same...'Groundhog Day' I think it is called across the big pond Brendi. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Not to be pedantic but is it not Jeffrey ?

Not to be pedantic but is it not Jeffrey ?

Correct, I used the wrong variant. Apologies Jeffrey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Painful stuff, flirting feature with Roe McDermott.

amlinopta wrote: »
    Painful stuff, flirting feature with Roe McDermott.

Very painful, complete heavy handed rubbish.

I could accept it if it wasn’t so obvious with O’hEadhra and Sarah trying to hint there’s a bit of ‘banter ‘ between them.

Abject failure is my opinion, either present a decent programme with reasonable gravitas and content ,or piss off to Dave or something like Off Road Truckers or ‘My Hell in a Vietnamese Prison”

Terrible stuff.

O'headhra giving both barrels to Byrne from FG....lad got a terrible batterin ...

• Advertisement

O'headhra giving both barrels to Byrne from FG....lad got a terrible batterin ...

Fully deserved. Another lad who thinks waffle will suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Cormac o Hara just went through a full interview with a senior doctor who is engaged in attempting to gain Irish citizenship. Not once did he ask the doctor "where he originally came from", nor did he thank the good doctor for his services. The ghoul duffy should take note !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Sarah giving Billy Kelliher a very easy interview there unfortunately

Infoanon wrote: »
    Sarah giving Billy Kelliher a very easy interview there unfortunately

She could hardly inject too much bile into what he is trying to do.

Minister Donnelly on later.... would predict the tone might be different, whoever gets the gig.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Very painful, complete heavy handed rubbish.

I could accept it if it wasn’t so obvious with O’hEadhra and Sarah trying to hint there’s a bit of ‘banter ‘ between them.

Abject failure is my opinion, either present a decent programme with reasonable gravitas and content ,or piss off to Dave or something like Off Road Truckers or ‘My Hell in a Vietnamese Prison”

Terrible stuff.

A bit harsh. The two of them strike the right balance between having a bit of craic and switching to serious when necessary.

mzungu wrote: »
    A bit harsh. The two of them strike the right balance between having a bit of craic and switching to serious when necessary.

I agree. They have settled in and you know what you are getting. Never get the feeling the banter is rehearsed like some duo shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

mzungu wrote: »

Not harsh enough. I think they're both decent presenters/interviewers individually, but this new format has ruined what was once a solid news and current affairs programme imo. Maybe this is the kind of stuff/sh1te most listeners want nowadays...who knows.

Cole wrote: »
    Not harsh enough. I think they're both decent presenters/interviewers individually, but this new format has ruined what was once a solid news and current affairs programme imo. Maybe this is the kind of stuff/sh1te most listeners want nowadays...who knows.

Will probably gain more listeners than it loses. It's a long stint and I'm sure many switched off when it was all too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I agree-I think they're doing ok, and an improvement for sure on the Great Interrupter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Cole wrote: »

Ruined in what way? Mary Wilson had her own way doing it which was indeed solid. The new format is also solid and covers all the same ground as before. The only difference being the dynamics in how it's presented has changed.

• Advertisement

Jaysus.... that lad John Cooke is some negative individual.

Never seems to have anything positive to report on.

Doesn’t seem to have the concept of balance quite fully handled.

What a load of tosh on now........ what kind of rubbish is this.

C’mon.... who comes up with this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Claire Daly getting an easy time here. No real challenge to her agenda. Surprised Sarah hasn’t raised the issue of Daly’s quasi anti-vax Dail questions in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Missed the start. Who is this spoofer.

Claire Daly getting an easy time here. No real challenge to her agenda. Surprised Sarah hasn’t raised the issue of Daly’s quasi anti-vax Dail questions in the past

Surprised!!!

Uhmmm.

Sarah is flash banging..... the Doc is well able for her.

Slow it down Doc, let her blow out the wind...

“Text us your favourite 80s song” on a current affairs show. Dumbing down at an alarming pace here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Just who's idea is it to have this stuff on rte's premier radio news programme? I really miss the times when I would get the state broadcasters version of the news each day between 5 and 7 and I could take it or leave it as I please, those days are long gone now, everything heading off in the direction of the lowest common denominator

O’Broin getting a new one ripped out for him.

mcAuliffe tore nim assunder

About time, even McInerney couldn’t save the guy.

About time someone stood to these charlatans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

O’Broin getting a new one ripped out for him.

mcAuliffe tore nim assunder

About time, even McInerney couldn’t save the guy.

About time someone stood to these charlatans.

I was just passing and saw who the last poster was. I literally clicked in just to see if someone critical of the government was "getting a new one ripped for them". I was not disappointed.

In other news, this is apparently on offer: https://www.amazon.com/Childrens-Illustrated-Thesaurus-DK/dp/1465462376/ref=sr_1_3?crid=163US4L4FMRWE&dchild=1&keywords=thesaurus+for+kids+grades+4-9&qid=1613499212&sprefix=thesaurus%2Caps%2C270&sr=8-3

I was just passing and saw who the last poster was. I literally clicked in just to see if someone critical of the government was "getting a new one ripped for them". I was not disappointed.

In other news, this is apparently on offer: https://www.amazon.com/Childrens-Illustrated-Thesaurus-DK/dp/1465462376/ref=sr_1_3?crid=163US4L4FMRWE&dchild=1&keywords=thesaurus+for+kids+grades+4-9&qid=1613499212&sprefix=thesaurus%2Caps%2C270&sr=8-3

Are you trying to suggest that the post is not true?

There’s that idiot O’HEadhra making sure they leave with another cut at the HSE.

Different attitude when they broke all the rules at the birthday party, nobody available to comment.

These people should be called out on these issues

Surely there’s a reason why the Hotel in Carlow was taken off the COVID jab venue.

These Rte people need to be called to account for this poor reportage.

Should have tubbs or D'Arcy on for this item on smalltalk with the amount they trouser per year for their smalltalk

Should have tubbs or D'Arcy on for this item on smalltalk with the amount they trouser per year for their smalltalk

Yeah.

I notice they seem to ‘slot’ this crap in between around 1646 and 1700.

They were struggling to fill the gap and avoid ‘dead air’ today.

Cormac was cast as the talkative dude and Sarah as less fond of small talk.

They got ‘rent-a-gob ‘ Lise Hand and some other non-entity to act as foils, but as usual this rubbish sank like a stone.

The ‘ chemistry’ between these two does not exist naturally, totally contrived and false.

It’s obvious, but hey, it took RTE years to figure poor John Murray wasn’t a fit for a one hour 5 day a week prog.

No disrespect for John... square peg ....round hole.

Obvious after the first two months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Poor John Murray, like Bobby Kerr, a voice made for silent radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

Yeah.

I notice they seem to ‘slot’ this crap in between around 1646 and 1700.

They were struggling to fill the gap and avoid ‘dead air’ today.

Cormac was cast as the talkative dude and Sarah as less fond of small talk.

They got ‘rent-a-gob ‘ Lise Hand and some other non-entity to act as foils, but as usual this rubbish sank like a stone.

The ‘ chemistry’ between these two does not exist naturally, totally contrived and false.

It’s obvious, but hey, it took RTE years to figure poor John Murray wasn’t a fit for a one hour 5 day a week prog.

No disrespect for John... square peg ....round hole.

Obvious after the first two months.

Absolutely just filling time. Frustrating to listen to.

Listen for the slot between around 1645 and 1700, let’s see if that stupid ‘banter’ bit comes on.

Listen for the slot between around 1645 and 1700, let’s see if that stupid ‘banter’ bit comes on.

FFS. Words fail me :(

There ya go dude.

Ya wouldn't catch David Hanly at that craic, I know he was morning Ireland
    but "different class... different class" as Jimmy magee might say long ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I enjoyed Sarah's chat with Peter Burke yesterday. She was sharp and had done the research re dates etc. The first part she basically handed the waffler his arse on a silver platter. For the second topic, she took his arse back off him - gave it a few slaps and presented it to him again.

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    I enjoyed Sarah's chat with Peter Burke yesterday. She was sharp and had done the research re dates etc. The first part she basically handed the waffler his arse on a silver platter. For the second topic, she took his arse back off him - gave it a few slaps and presented it to him again.

The lad might have enjoyed that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

More woke/BLM ****e about Trinity College - where will it end? A backlash I suspect. There are far more pressing items in Ireland and the World than all this virtue signalling ****e...:mad:

Del.Monte wrote: »
    More woke/BLM ****e about Trinity College - where will it end? A backlash I suspect. There are far more pressing items in Ireland and the World than all this virtue signalling ****e...:mad:

Be interesting to know how is the cost of this stuff being accounted for ?

Like, where will it show up in the College Accounts .

Similiarly in U. L where they are having to provide free covid tests because our "Future leaders" can't be arsed following public health guidelines.

How is this being funded ...be interesting to find out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

Actually find this an improvement on the Mary Wilson version. I went over to Ivan Yates when he was on Newstalk.

Think the 2 presenters approach has freshened things up. The slot at 4.50 can be painful and the texting jars but otherwise I find it an Ok listen. I think the presenters are more energetic and sometimes are more hostile to the government side but that is probably to be expected.

Bed cleaning etiquette in the dreadful 16.50-17.00 slot. Dire.

Poolbeg chimneys,running out of content now. ;)

Poolbeg chimneys,running out of content now. ;)

"Dublins Eiffel tower" what are we like at all??

O’H’Eadhra losing it ...... getting a new one ripped out for himself.

Fair play to Peter Burke, tore out a new one for Kenny.

Heh heh heh

Here’s Cooke coming up to interview the vintners about the lockdown.

I’ll give you a guess what will be the outcome.

They will say that it was a great idea and that it really helped the fight against the pandemic.

:D:D

What’s the freaking point of these slots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement