Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Gaming PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Aato

The mATX board will fit no bother and you can add in a ATX board in the future. There's very little to choose between the two. My build has slightly better components here and there, you could reduce them to save a bit and come in very close to the AWD build but it wouldn't be any cheaper. You will need to add wifi to the AWD build.

Well if that's the case won't it save me time getting all the parts then bringing them to you to build and taking multiple trips I think.

A WiFi antenna I need to add to their build? Would the 1200mbps one work?

So confused what to do now I want to wait for new GPU's but I'm so chomping at the bit to get going.

Also I don't need to install windows on AWD as it comes with it unactivated right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Aato wrote: »
    Well if that's the case won't it save me time getting all the parts then bringing them to you to build and taking multiple trips I think.

A WiFi antenna I need to add to their build? Would the 1200mbps one work?

So confused what to do now I want to wait for new GPU's but I'm so chomping at the bit to get going.

Also I don't need to install windows on AWD as it comes with it unactivated right?

1200Mbit Internal would be the one I'd go for.

Really at 1080p you won't notice the difference of a new GPU it's just you are buying in right at the end of the life cycle of the 20 series. Well of them new anyway.

I have no direct experiance of AWD but Homelander has and he's posted that they install it, presuambly for testing purposes. It's not hard to install if it's not installed.

1200Mbit Internal would be the one I'd go for.

Really at 1080p you won't notice the difference of a new GPU it's just you are buying in right at the end of the life cycle of the 20 series. Well of them new anyway.

I have no direct experiance of AWD but Homelander has and he's posted that they install it, presuambly for testing purposes. It's not hard to install if it's not installed.

Really just tempted to go with AWD, I know what you're saying though and what everyone else is saying about waiting but for my first gaming pc I don't think waiting for new GPU will make a difference I don't even know what any GPU runs like because I've never had one. I'm not a hard-core gamer I'm just casual that wants to play in the evenings and weekends but also use pc for other stuff online shopping etc.

If I want to upgrade in the future I will, have to see if I even take to pc gaming at all first as I've always just had PlayStation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Their pricing is pretty good. For the same spend as the custom you could do these upgrades.

They are offering a 240mm AIO liquid cpu cooler for only £40 extra as well, it costs twice that on Amazon.

I'd throw it in there to reduce noise and thermals and it will act as an exhaust mounted on top as well. You can easily overclock the 3600 to 3600x levels then as well.

Threw a better/faster/more durable NVME SSD in there as well. The speed might be important soon when GPU's will gain direct access to the SSD.

There's a white version of the case as well if you prefer that. I'd be tempted to blow the extra £30 to get the 750w gold rated modular PSU as well. It's not needed but it will save you a bit of electricity and cover you for any future upgrades.

PbKf5lR.jpg

BloodBath wrote: »
    Their pricing is pretty good. For the same spend as the custom you could do these upgrades.

They are offering a 240mm AIO liquid cpu cooler for only £40 extra as well, it costs twice that on Amazon.

I'd throw it in there to reduce noise and thermals and it will act as an exhaust mounted on top as well. You can easily overclock the 3600 to 3600x levels then as well.

Threw a better/faster/more durable NVME SSD in there as well. The speed might be important soon when GPU's will gain direct access to the SSD.

There's a white version of the case as well if you prefer that.

PbKf5lR.jpg

Nice one I'll go for that so. Is there any difference in the GPU's they're different brands but same thing esentially?

• Advertisement

They are pretty much the same. Just the coolers and sometimes the power delivery/pcb might be slightly different.

I edited the post above as well to mention the PSU upgrade if you want to spend a bit more for something a bit better.

If you want to save a bit go for the cheaper 1TB NVME drive and the standard cheaper 650w PSU.

They are pretty much the same. Just the coolers and sometimes the power delivery/pcb might be slightly different.

I edited the post above as well to mention the PSU upgrade if you want to spend a bit more for something a bit better.

If you want to save a bit go for the cheaper 1TB NVME drive and the standard cheaper 650w PSU.

Thats a good point I was going to ask you about 750w PSU. Might aswell throw that in to while I'm at it.

Also you mentioned choosing the 3600 as opposed to the 3600x, what is overclocking? Could I just throw in the 3600x and be done with it? Lol

You can if you want but there will be minimal gains with it. Overclocking is basically setting the speed of the processor slightly above what it's rated at. The cpu's do it themselves automatically these days anyway so you won't have to worry about it.

The 3600x might boost 100-200mhz higher than the 3600. I'm not sure if it's worth the extra.

You can if you want but there will be minimal gains with it. Overclocking is basically setting the speed of the processor slightly above what it's rated at. The cpu's do it themselves automatically these days anyway so you won't have to worry about it.

The 3600x might boost 100-200mhz higher than the 3600. I'm not sure if it's worth the extra.

Great so thats pretty much it then I'm ready to go lol. I'm going to assume homelander was right and I don't need to pay for windows 10 as it comes pre installed just not activated. Also choosing no bullguard protection.

Need to choose my mouse and keyboard too but I have something in mind. My monitor is an Asus VG245H 75hz 1ms response time so I think that should be OK for now.

Z86Jyk5.jpg

Yeah they supposedly install a non activated version of windows which is free. Better off going with that. There's only a small water mark in the bottom right with it which you can remove later if you want to activate it by buying a cheap windows 10 key code somewhere.

Don't bother with the bullguard protection. Most of that software is bloat/spyware that's not needed. Windows own guards are pretty good these days.

I'd look to upgrade your monitor down the line. This PC is way overspec for that. It's powerful enough to run a 2560x1440/144hz monitor pretty well.

• Advertisement

Yeah they supposedly install a non activated version of windows which is free. Better off going with that. There's only a small water mark in the bottom right with it which you can remove later if you want to activate it by buying a cheap windows 10 key code somewhere.

Don't bother with the bullguard protection. Most of that software is bloat/spyware that's not needed. Windows own guards are pretty good these days.

I'd look to upgrade your monitor down the line. This PC is way overspec for that. It's powerful enough to run a 2560x1440/144hz monitor pretty well.

Gotcha. Take a look at my post above I edited it. Is that my final build so?

No point spending the extra on the 3600X TBH.

Yeah save the £30 towards a monitor upgrade.

And what do I have to do to overclock the 3600 or will it do it itself? I don't want any messing about when I get it I just want to unbox and setup lol

Don't worry about it to be honest. It will do it automatically anyway. Minimal gains to be had with manual overclocking.

Don't worry about it to be honest. It will do it automatically anyway. Minimal gains to be had with manual overclocking.

Thats everything so total is coming to £1135. Think I'll go ahead and order tomorrow.

Enjoy! Very nice build.

Enjoy! Very nice build.

Will let you know how I get on with it and when I get it! Thanks.

Ordered it now, hopefully all goes smooth!

Can you do us a favour and update us on how you found AWD? Probably a bit late saying this but I don't have any direct experiance with them. I think Homelander does though. Do you mind me asking how much delivery was?

• Advertisement

Can you do us a favour and update us on how you found AWD? Probably a bit late saying this but I don't have any direct experiance with them. I think Homelander does though. Do you mind me asking how much delivery was?

Will do, delivery was £12.99.

To post a quick update I ended up ordering Logitech G Pro mouse and Keyboard and mouse mat. Excited to get going. Will post updates and pics when I receive it all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

And what do I have to do to overclock the 3600 or will it do it itself? I don't want any messing about when I get it I just want to unbox and setup lol
    You only get 2% over locking and if you don't have motherboard recommended memory
    You ryzen may start crashing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Look up Ryzen Clock Tuner, it automatically tests and recommends overclock & undervolting profiles.

My mouse, keyboard and mouse pad came today. First impressions are they look amazing mouse feels great nice and light and smooth. Keyboard RGB looks amazing but I ordered the blue clicky button version and I'm amazed how loud it is actually to the point where I don't know if its going to get super annoying or not. Guess I could always refund and get the red button version?

Edit : Just ordered the red switch kit from Logitech they come as a kit with key removal tool aswell! Should be quite and better! Keyboard does look amazing though.

Also I ended up paying 40 euro more for faster pc build time with AWD hopefully it ships tomorrow as was getting built today.

Yah the blues are satisfying to press but loud. Doesn't bother me with headphones on but it will bother anyone else listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

O-rings on blue switches isn't actually too bad, keeps the clicking sound but dampens the bottoming out so is less of a thud sound. Makes it a little bit more mushy though.

Well I just realised the red linear switches won't fit my keyboard I'm such an idiot, don't know what to do now.
    The switches are for the logitech G pro X keyboard not my G pro keyboard.

Is it possible to get o rings for the G pro Keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Well I just realised the red linear switches won't fit my keyboard I'm such an idiot, don't know what to do now.
    The switches are for the logitech G pro X keyboard not my G pro keyboard.

Is it possible to get o rings for the G pro Keyboard?

Yeah you can get them on Amazon cheap enough, just search for keyboard o-rings. Most will be listed as cherry mx but they should fit the majority of switches as they're all similar enough.

• Advertisement

PC arrived this morning I have it set up and connected to my monitor it looks beautiful!!!

Is there anything I should know to get it set up properly like updating drivers etc to make sure I'm getting full use out of everything. I just have it running now.

Also this is weird but is it normal to hear like liquid sounds coming from cpu cooler? Every now and again I hear like water or liquid moving!

Advertisement