Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X - Unlock Query

Options
  • 27-09-2020 7:55pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

Quick query...

My mam has an iPhone X bought from Adverts over 2 years ago.
    All good and bought from a trusted seller as i sell my self on there.

Anyway, she now wants to swap from Eir/GoMo to another network but the phone is locked to Eir.

She obviously wasnt the original purchaser so i have a feeling Eir wont entertain an unlock request.

Any ideas on how to proceed or better to try sell and buy an unlocked version?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Are you sure phone is 100% locked to Eir, I’ve a bill phone form Eir and it’s unlocked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭drogon.

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Are you sure phone is 100% locked to Eir, I’ve a bill phone form Eir and it’s unlocked!!

If you are on the iOS 14, you can go into General -> About, and there should be a Network Provider Lock field (I am certain this was added to iOS 14, but could be on older builds too)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Darren 83 wrote: »

Yes.
    I also got an 11 Pro last year from eir and it was unlocked so it seems to be luck of the draw.

On iOS 14, you can check and it’s confirmed as locked to eir.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

drogon. wrote: »
    If you are on the iOS 14, you can go into General -> About, and there should be a Network Provider Lock field (I am certain this was added to iOS 14, but could be on older builds too)

I only noticed it on iOS 14 myself too but it could have been there before.

Advertisement