Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunter caught on my trail Cam.

Options
  • 27-09-2020 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi.

I have a question. I used to hunt, but now I shoot wildlife on film and produce nature documentaries. Over the last two nights, my trail cameras have been capturing and sending back incredible footage from a public woodland (ie a woodland with public walks and trails) near Boyle in Co. Roscommon. Stags and Pine Marten together in one area etc.

Unfortunately, The cameras film a Hunter, with a large calibre rifle, Bipod, gun-rest stick etc, stalking in and around the vicinity of one of the cameras, 20 yards from the public path at 8.47am on a Sunday morning.

Your thoughts please on what so should do next, with this footage.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

To the OP.

Firstly, I've deleted your duplicate thread in the main shooting section as posting across multiple forums is not allowed on the site.

Secondly, I've deleted all replies to both threads as this is the hunting forum and not the legal advice forum, and even then its not permitted to give legal advice on this site. This also relates to the discussion on GDPR, if you want to discuss that topic go to the Legal Discussion forum.

Thirdly, you have received more than enough replies to know that your only option, if you believe a crime has been committed, is to go to the authorities.

Fourthly, regardless of the veracity of your opening post, what you have is someone with a firearm, on public land, during "regulated" hunting hours. That is it. This forum is a place for hunting matters and not to indulge in any conspiracy theories of "whatifery".

Finally, you have your answer. Go to the authorities (An Gardaí/NPWS) and report any suspicions you may have to the people that can actually deal with it, if they believe an offence has occurred. DO NOT attempt to start yet another thread on the matter on the shooting forum (or it's sub forums).

Thread closed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This is for everyone reading this.

This forum is NOT the place to ask for legal advice regardless of the topic/subject.

There have been a few similar stories floated over the years of people coming to this forum and giving incredulous accounts of acts of criminality, and then asking for advice on how to proceed.

We are not An Gardaí, and all such/similar threads will be closed immediately and without warning to protect the integrity of the forum, it's members and the site.

The excuse of " i was just looking for opinions/answers" has been the opening line to most defenses of defamation/libel when these things/topics eventually, and inevitably, turn sour. As a recent-ish court case proved actions have consequences.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

I have contacted the other Moderators of this forum as well as the Category Moderators and asked them to review this thread, the other thread and all replies to it.

When a consensus is reached among them, without my input, they will update further as to whether the thread will remain closed, be re-opened, and if all/any of the replies will be reinstated or remain deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement