Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover for BMW GSA with 3 panniers

Options
  • 28-09-2020 10:26am

Does anyone know of a bike cover that is big enough to cover the bike with panniers and a screen? A small car cover might be a better option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Not being smart (most sentences that start with this are followed by a smart @ss response).... But do you use the panniers daily, would you not just take them off? My panniers spend 360 days of the year in the attic and I use my bike daily.

I'm not aware of this type of cover, but I use a umbratec cover which just covers the top of the bike so you can put it on with panniers but they would be exposed, I use this instead of a full cover because I can put it on when the bike is hot without worrying about it melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Zubair is right. Id remove them and use a normal cover. One thing is that a car cover won't conform to the shape of the bike so you will have to strap it/bungee it because the wind will see to it that it wont stay on the bike for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭goblin59

ill ask dad if he remembers the one he got for his R1200.
    He keeps the panniers on as that bike is purely for touring.
    Too heavy for regular use, he has a CCM R30 for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

I had an XL Oxford stormex, which fitted my GS with adv screen.

Again, without panniers.

Found it was a total sail though. Had to either remove the cover or add extra straps during bad weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm on my 3rd GSA and my luggage boxes and rack live in the garage 99% of the time. They're unnecessary weight.

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'm on my 3rd GSA and my luggage boxes and rack live in the garage 99% of the time. They're unnecessary weight.

I like the look with the panniers on - just personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

brenbrady wrote: »
    I like the look with the panniers on - just personal preference.

Costs you petrol, makes it heavier and impossible to filter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭batman_oh

listermint wrote: »
    Costs you petrol, makes it heavier and impossible to filter

Yeah but you look like Ewan McGregor going for breakfast with full empty panniers. And isn't that the point of it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

batman_oh wrote: »
    Yeah but you look like Ewan McGregor going for breakfast with full empty panniers. And isn't that the point of it all!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Careful now lol lots of similar accusations can be lauded on the ducatisti, in general they n beemer brigade have more in common than not!:P:pac:
    Yep my panniers are dust gathering devices also and I'm fed up repainting them when I clobber them off stuff when on the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I got the panniers on mine and they offer a certain freedom of movement :) I can take all my gear off and leave them in the panniers to walk around like a normal human untethered by lids boots and gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Get out your measuring tape and have a look here.
    JDC are good covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I thought we were all avoiding saying what we were thinking here LOL

I got the panniers on mine and they offer a certain freedom of movement :)

Not when you're on the bike though. :D

Advertisement