Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving my lawn

Options
  • 28-09-2020 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I laid a new lawn last summer using roll out grass but it has ended up being a little patchy. I knew this in spring but decided against trying to improve it as I knew the kids would need the back garden more than ever this year but now I'm thinking I should get some seed onto it before it gets too cold.
    So I'm looking for any tips or information before I do this. I'm not much of a gardener. I have an aerator and seed, what else should I consider.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

You could give the bare patches a bit of a raking with a metal rake, loosen it up. Rake in some compost also and then rake in the seed. You could add in some fertilizer too.

Advertisement