Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oneplus Nord 5G issue (Firmware solved)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

rizzee wrote: »
    10.5.8 will be available shortly to EU phones LINK but don't think that'll be it. Roll on OS11

I'm working on 10.5.8 already and that's not it. That was just a general update

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I'm working on 10.5.8 already and that's not it. That was just a general update

Thanks for the update!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Falconire wrote: »
    What version of Oxygen is the phone running ?
    bazzz wrote: »
    I can't confirm now, it's my partners phone. I won't see her till tomorrow evening.I'll report back.

It's the same version as mentioned by the others and released last week.

10.5.8 AC01BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭JerryHispano

I also was on to OnePlus Friday about 5G not working on Three Ireland with my Nord.

The respomnded to me:
    "The told me as the Carrier has now enabled 5G, I will inform this to the higher team. They will check and confirm compatibility of 5G of Three."

"They said he higher team should provide a resolution in a week"

Any word?

Seems very quiet around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Any word?

Seems very quiet around here.

Nothing back yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

I can confirm that this also affects oneplus 8t also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Does this issue affect all 5G networks in Ireland or is the issue just with Three?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Just with 3 as far as I have seen, my OnePlus8 can see 5G when an Eir sim is in it but when I pop in a 3 sim, the 5G settings all disappear.

I'm on Virgin Media mobile at the minute and can see 5G settings (even though they don't even offer 5G at the moment!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

1huge1 wrote: »
    Just with 3 as far as I have seen, my OnePlus8 can see 5G when an Eir sim is in it but when I pop in a 3 sim, the 5G settings all disappear.

I'm on Virgin Media mobile at the minute and can see 5G settings (even though they don't even offer 5G at the moment!).

I can see 5g with 48 (runs on three network) but not three them selves. Go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zackaiebest

Oneplus 8T :
    Vodafone does NOT give a 5G option in Settings > Network type
    Eir DOES give a 5G option.

Contacted Vodafone several times: useless

• Advertisement

I've been on to Oneplus and Three several times since - both just keep blaming each other. When I get a chance, I'll report Oneplus to the CCPC about false advertising about 5G. It may or not be Oneplus' fault, but I'm getting annoyed with the blame game.

Interesting post on the forums.OnePlus.com.

"Kmulvany97 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Yesterday at 5:34 PM :
    I am an employee at Three Ireland and the communications that we have seen have not given a specific time frame on when 5g capabilities will be available on OnePlus devices, however, Three have been made aware of the issue and are working with oneplus to bring out an update to resolve this issue. But as I said, there is no official time frame on a fix. I know it's very annoying, me being a OnePlus user myself I understand how frustrating this is but all we can do is wait."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I've been on to Oneplus and Three several times since - both just keep blaming each other. When I get a chance, I'll report Oneplus to the CCPC about false advertising about 5G. It may or not be Oneplus' fault, but I'm getting annoyed with the blame game.

You'll be wasting your time with this.

OnePlus specifically state on their website that "*Network connectivity may vary depending on carrier’s network and related service deployment." and that you can check compability with Irish networks

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/nord-specs

This issue may be fixed soon.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-8-8-pro-o2-5g.1213292/page-8

I realise this is for the OnePlus 8/8 Pro but hopefully it will cover the Nord too, appearently O2 in the UK had a similar 5G issue that has just been fixed following the roll out of Oxygen OS 11. My One Plus 8 is still on 10.5 so can't confirm yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

1huge1 wrote: »
    This issue may be fixed soon.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-8-8-pro-o2-5g.1213292/page-8

I realise this is for the OnePlus 8/8 Pro but hopefully it will cover the Nord too, appearently O2 in the UK had a similar 5G issue that has just been fixed following the roll out of Oxygen OS 11. My One Plus 8 is still on 10.5 so can't confirm yet.

Don't bother with OOS 11 just yet until Oneplus get their act together and squash all the bugs. Updated my Oneplus 8 Pro last week but rolled back to 10 due to all the bugs and poor battery life.

Thanks ya, I read that too, will hold off until the issues are fixed.

But will be interesting to see if this does open up 5G to Three users.

Has anyone heard news/murmurings about the Oxygen OS update and 5G for the Nord?

(IMHO I think this new UI business is going to be a disaster in terms of OnePlus updates, even with Android's push for modularisation in recent years.)

I just got the latest update for the Nord (not OS11)

But it looks now that 5G is up and running. I don't have a 5G plan however to test it out and I won't be getting the 5G plan at all because I'll be away soon

I just got the latest update for the Nord (not OS11)

But it looks now that 5G is up and running. I don't have a 5G plan however to test it out and I won't be getting the 5G plan at all because I'll be away soon

I will check my phone for an update as I have a 3 5G plan.

My Nord says it is up to date version: Oxygen OS 10.5.9.AC01BA

When I put my 3 5G sim in I still only get network preferance for upto 4G

I will check my phone for an update as I have a 3 5G plan.

My Nord says it is up to date version: Oxygen OS 10.5.9.AC01BA

When I put my 3 5G sim in I still only get network preferance for upto 4G

The update I got has me now on oxygen OS 10.5.10 AC01BA

• Advertisement

The update I got has me now on oxygen OS 10.5.10 AC01BA

I used the Oxygen updater app to update my phone to oxygen OS 10.5.10 AC01BA and it is now showing 5G in Preferred network type when my 5G sim is inserted.

I will drive to where my work Samsung S20 get 5G signal to test later on today.

So I went as tested my OnePlus Nord with firmware: oxygen OS 10.5.10 AC01BA and got 5G :D

Here are some speedtests to different servers.

Screenshot-20210103-124222.jpgScreenshot-20210103-124307.jpg
    Screenshot-20210103-124117.jpgScreenshot-20210103-124010.jpg

So the OnePlus Nord beta for Oxygen 11 being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Thinking of changing my OnePlus 6T for the Nord. is it much of an upgrade/downgrade and where be the best place to buy at the moment? Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Dafterss

The bad got some bad reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

I moved from a 6T to a Nord and have absolutely no regrets. The 6T was very buggy and often reset itself.
    Very happy with the Nord

I move to my OnePlus Nord from a OnePlus 5T then work gave me a Samsung Galaxy S20 but I still prefer the Nord over the S20 Samsung Galaxy.

Over all I find the Nord to be a great phone with nice long battery life and now working 5G.

I also got the update, 258 Mbps download and 104 upload at Heuston Station, not bad.

Also, OnePlus do a screen replacement for €115 which is about half what any third party will do. Collection from house and overnight shipping both directions included. I'm impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

how do people find this phone compared to others in the price range?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 darraghsmyth

I'm also looking to get the OnePlus Nord N10 5g and use it with three 5g. Do I have to get three to enable my account to accept this phone for 5g or should it happen automatically now?

Advertisement