Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help building PC

Options
  • 28-09-2020 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here could build a pc for me or knows someone who offers this service?

I'm terrible at cable management and get stressed.

Of course will pay for service.

Have all parts etc

Dublin based.

K regards

Keith

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

if you can't build biuy prebuilt I saw someone on adverts ie selling prebuilt cheaply.but I don't know what's hes like he's probably using cheap parts what will you be using computer for and whats your budget also list all parts you got you need thrrmal paste also put parts into pc parts picker to see if there's no problems with build

• Registered Users Posts: 10 keithcm

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    if you can't build biuy prebuilt I saw someone on adverts ie selling prebuilt cheaply.but I don't know what's hes like he's probably using cheap parts what will you be using computer for and whats your budget

Thanks for the reply.

Already have all the parts. Just need it put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

keithcm wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Already have all the parts. Just need it put together.

Most of the parts are hard to get wrong, they only fit into the right plugs etc.

I've only built one PC but it wasn't too bad if you take your time? I'd offer to help myself but cable management wouldn't be what I call a strength :D

RedXIV wrote: »
    Most of the parts are hard to get wrong, they only fit into the right plugs etc.

I've only built one PC but it wasn't too bad if you take your time? I'd offer to help myself but cable management wouldn't be what I call a strength :D

lol you and me both!

what size case what make motherboard what size power supply what cpu etc most people would not take on build were you supply parts

• Advertisement

lol you and me both!

you might put one part in the wrong hole backdoor by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

It's a very simple process, watch a few YouTube guides and try have a go yourself.
    The main points to watch are static on components and correct application of the thermal paste on the CPU. As another poster said the parts can only slot into the correct place.

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    what size case what make motherboard what size power supply what cpu etc most people would not take on build were you supply parts

Motherboard is put together already.

It has a ryzen 5 3600

Its a new pcie 4 motherboard
    16gb gddr4

2tb hdd baracuda
    1tb ssd samsung
    240 ssd kingston
    Rtx 2060
    Case is corsair spec delta has rgb I havnt a clue how to wire
    Psu is 650w modular corsair 80 plus bronze

I tried to put it together for a solid 3 hours am now at the point to pay to get it built

I tried to put it together for a solid 3 hours am now at the point to pay to get it built

If you're having trouble with a certain point, more than happy to help here? It's been a few years since my build but I got great help here?

RedXIV wrote: »
    If you're having trouble with a certain point, more than happy to help here? It's been a few years since my build but I got great help here?

My braing just can't get around getting the wires placed properly, adding the headers without wrapping all the wires together, installing the ssds in the case pretty much everything.

The only thing I could do was install motherboard

• Advertisement

My braing just can't get around getting the wires placed properly, adding the headers without wrapping all the wires together, installing the ssds in the case pretty much everything.

The only thing I could do was install motherboard

As I said, I'm not an expert on cable management but that case looks like you can run most of them on the back side of the case. take your time there and do what you can for each wire. If it's not working, that's ok too!

The SSDs should basically fit in the drive bays as seen in the attached pic. couple of small screws then to hold them in place is all. Now that can be tricky angle sometimes so smaller the screwdriver the better or if very awkward to get to, you can get a flexable adapter on a screwdriver too which makes life a lot easier in this job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Happy to build, I'm located in Dublin 5. No payment required. As for cable management I just fire it all on the backside of the motherboard tray and close up the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Happy to build, I'm located in Dublin 5. No payment required. As for cable management I just fire it all on the backside of the motherboard tray and close up the case.

Cable ties are cheap and you can just use a few to make sure the cables stay together and don't roam where they shouldn't.

JoyPad wrote: »
    Cable ties are cheap and you can just use a few to make sure the cables stay together and don't roam where they shouldn't.

Under promise, over deliver :pac:

Under promise, over deliver :pac:

No I would pay something I'd love to take you up on your offer!

No I would pay something I'd love to take you up on your offer!

Really there is no need as I just enjoy building machines. However a six pack never goes amiss.

PM me and I'll fire you on the details and we can arrange something.

Advertisement