Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod stalking posts

Options
  • 28-09-2020 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

The Beast stalked my posts to read in an infraction.

He was so blinded by his prejudice his tunnel vision missed posters throwing around the word retard.

When challenged on this he said it’s not his job to infract posters for the word retard.

He gave me a warning because of his prejudice interpretation of:

No one's mind is going to be changed online.

But it sure as hell is entertaining to see you all get so wound up when you cannot respond to points raised.

Instead just allowing yourselves descend into hysterics and 'I read' statements.

He interpreted this as You are admitting to winding up other users

It’s clear that I didn’t admit to winding anyone up. I said it’s entertaining to see them wound up. And it is. The thread is full of hysteria and trans panic.

I know you’ll side with the posters who use retard and their mod the beast.

But at least it’s here in black and white, the mods priorities.

The result of a lack of diversity in mods.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi

I can look at this for you. Can you confirm that you engaged with the mod in a constructive manner to understand the reason for the card and attempted to come to a mutually agreeable solution?
    If so please list the pm exchange here in chronological order.

If you could link to the post in question that would also be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Mods upset they’re being called out on 400 pages of the vilest racism, transphobia homophobia sexism I could go on.

Ten of Swords

Moderator Note

Continuous trolling and thread derailing. DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD AGAIN

Ten of Swords
    Your post:Quote: Carerhomeless
    Not surprised the thread has descended into racism and homophobia now also.

Terrible to see such things printed in Ireland in 2020.

Stating facts too painful for boardsies?

Pathetic

Text book homophobia here but tens of swords thread bans me for calling it out. Saying gay people have nothing to contribute and are against nature is saying homosexuality is a death cult a term used by the alt right. But hey Mods are going side with their Ilk.

Jaxx (how fitting)

HETEROSEXUALITY IS THE DEFAULT

How would animals breed if everyone was gay?? Life is about survival.

For animals, that means reproduction.

HOW CAN YOU REPRODUCE WITHOUT MALE AND FEMALE??

Are most people hetero or bi? Umm,

NO SH*T SHERLOCK!

‘Blacks’ is not an acceptable term.

Please listen to black people on the subject.

The argument thrown back is if black people can say it white people can. The same that alt right use for the N word. Is boards really condoning that?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can you clarify which infracion you are appealing and whether you have engaged with the mod who gave you said infraction to try and resolve before coming here.

If you aren't appealing an infraction or ban then this thread does not belong here.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Can you clarify which infracion you are appealing and whether you have engaged with the mod who gave you said infraction to try and resolve before coming here.

If you aren't appealing an infraction or ban then this thread does not belong here.

I’ve laid out the two.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

OK then if you are appealing both that is fine.

I will let Pawwed Rig take it from here, please confirm for them if you have engaged constructively via PM with both mods who have infracted you.

Thanks.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    OK then if you are appealing both that is fine.

I will let Pawwed Rig take it from here, please confirm for them if you have engaged constructively via PM with both mods who have infracted you.

Thanks.

I attempted to engage but when the mods aren’t for turning what can you do?

If one can’t see homophobia, racism, ableism when it’s in front of them, they need more than Specsavers.

I won’t bring in transphobia because Mods have decided such a thing doesn’t exist.

As a single parent carer I have used this site for company and participated in threads on food and shopping during lockdown.

However, the main page is continually flooded with absolute horrendous content. I was shocked. It’s hard not to be drawn in, in to attempt to just counter some of the awful things written because the mods allow it.

Someone needs to say trans people, gay people, black people, people with disabilities are PEOPLE. They are human and they are valued.

This site is so Americanised are the posters even in Ireland? The constant referral to kool-aid is so insidious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Can you confirm that you engaged with the mod in a constructive manner to understand the reason for the card and attempted to come to a mutually agreeable solution?

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Can you confirm that you engaged with the mod in a constructive manner to understand the reason for the card and attempted to come to a mutually agreeable solution?

I questioned the warning but he wasn’t open to engagement.

When I reported to him the use of the word retard against me and in general he told me he wasn’t a mod and wasn’t going to deal with it.

It’s not very civil to stalk peoples posts to silence them because you want to continue a harmful thread.

I will be called uncivil because I challenged the mods but the people using retard won’t.

Look the mods here will just sweep this under the carpet. They don’t like being challenged.

I didn’t even get a response to the last time I complained about a mod here.

Sweep it under the carpet.

Either the mods are worse than the posters or they don’t want to be mods and allow the site to be overrun by extremists.

Facts are.

Mods turn a blind eye to transphobia and terms of abuse like retard.

But they actively try to spin posts which challenge these views by interpreting them as trolling.

Saying I’m amused by ignorance isn’t trolling.

Saying it’s entertaining to see people screaming hysterically with trans panic is not trolling it’s a fact.

The people on the thread are so paranoid so extreme the only response is to laugh at them.

It’s not trolling to tell someone how they make you feel.

Edit: Also telling me to report is disingenuous. I was kindly warned that if you report posts you'll be infracted for spamming reporting. You can't win.

Ok last chance.

Can you do the 3 items I have listed below;

1. confirm that you engaged with the mod in a constructive manner to understand the reason for the card and attempted to come to a mutually agreeable solution?

This requires a Yes or No answer.

2. Please list the pm exchange here in chronological order.

This requires you to post on thread (or pm me) with the conversation you had with the relevant mod.

3. Link to the post in question.

This requires a url link. So open the post, copy the web address and paste it here.

This appeal can go no further until the 3 items above are completed.

I am a carer for a dependent adult child I don't have time for schoolboys.

We both know this is already decided so give me your decision.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ok last chance.

Can you do the 3 items I have listed below;

1. confirm that you engaged with the mod in a constructive manner to understand the reason for the card and attempted to come to a mutually agreeable solution?

This requires a Yes or No answer.

Yes to reasonable people.

2. Please list the pm exchange here in chronological order.

This requires you to post on thread (or pm me) with the conversation you had with the relevant mod.

I don't know how to do that.

3. Link to the post in question.

This requires a url link. So open the post, copy the web address and paste it here.

Can you specify what you're looking for?

This appeal can go no further until the 3 items above are completed.

I haven't even looked at it yet so do not have an opinion on the matter. However you chose to ask for my time to assess your appeal (which I am happy to do) so it is up to you to follow the procedure as it is laid out.

Who are the schoolboys you are referring to?

To show me the pms you;
    1. open the pm.
    2. Select the text.
    3. Right click copy and then
    4. paste in this thread.

I need a link to the infraction you received as I cannot make a determination without reading it.

And if the mod is doing a cleanup "Thread needs a bit of a review and cleanup, " why does the homosexuality isn't natural stuff remain along with the blackface and retard comments?

Mods will sniff out any criticism of them or interpret things to suit their agenda but are blind to the above. Confront the prejudices the mods have here.

• Advertisement

Dear Carerhomeless,

You have been warned for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Beasty

Moderator Note

You are admitting to winding up other users

Your post:Quote: Carerhomeless
    No one's mind is going to be changed online.

But it sure as hell is entertaining to see you all get so wound up when you cannot respond to points raised.

Instead just allowing yourselves descend into hysterics and 'I read' statements.

Report posts you have an issue with and the mods will review and act as they see fit

Quote: Aydin Sharp Query
    Wrong

I said that it’s entertaining to seen people get wound up.

I didn’t admit to winding anyone up.

Focus on people using the word retard perhaps.

I’m sure Beaty said he wasn’t a moderator then but was that my message to him sent back to me? Confused

I said report. Those of us who are mods can then have a look

I’m not a mod.

The confusion over me thinking he said he’s not a mod made me question why he was interfering with my posts.

I have no idea what you are attempting to say

Why are you interfering with me then?

Oh right.

It’s the usual from the mods any ism must be reported but we’ll act independently for anything challenging us or our moderation.

I've told you to report posts you have an issue with

In terms of your card, you have made little attempt to challenge it. You have simply become confrontational presumably to suit your "agenda"

You’re not a mod to clean up horrific abusive terms like retard but you can read a message to suit your agenda?

Transparent

If you are not going to engage in civil discussion I cannot see how this can be progressed further. You are supposed to make a genuine attempt to resolve this with me, but all I'm getting from you is deflection from the card itself.

You ignored my attempt again to suit your agenda.

I asked you to report any posts you have an issue with. I dealt with the post you did report within 3 minutes of it being reported

Now you seem to want to take over Feedback with your "cause" that, so far as I am concerned has been dealt with. Yet you continue with this barrage of PMs telling me to do something that I dealt with within those 3 minutes of the report

You revealed to me in pm you only mod people you disagree with. You deliberately trolled my posts to find something to warn but you then said you are not responsible for dealing with posters who use terms like retard.

That reveals what you’re about.

I think that’s it.

By the way asking for the sanctioning of retard/blackface isn’t a cause, it’s just being decent to your fellow human beings.

• Advertisement

Also who was banned from the thread?

The person saying someone is a retard posting blackface images saying homosexuality isn't natural or the person who said said none of those things?

Who is still posting after spamming the thread with hysterics of 'they' are attempting to shut down the thread, they are trying to derail the thread and using uncivil language?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement