Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod stalking posts

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The confusion over me thinking he said he’s not a mod made me question why he was interfering with my posts.

Ok to looks like you got confused during the pm exchange. Just to clarify that Beasty is a mod of the forum and it was with him that you needed to have a civil discussion with to understand why you were infected and attempt to resolve the issue.
    Because of your confusion this has not happened.

I would also note that noone was stalking you. Your posts were reported by users (non mods) and acted upon by the moderators of the forum.
    It is not possible for any moderator to read every thread in the forum never mind every post so where there are issues we rely on the users in the threads to report posts where they have concerns. Where posts are not reported it is unlikely that they will ever be seen by a current affairs moderator given that it is one of the busiest forums on boards.

With the above in mind can you let me know where you want to go from here?

Can I ask that you respond 1 post at a time from here on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

You state someone reported my post:
    No one's mind is going to be changed online.

But it sure as hell is entertaining to see you all get so wound up when you cannot respond to points raised.

The moderator then sprung into action and actioned that post because they interpreted it as You are admitting to winding up other users

1. I contest this. I didn't admit to winding up other users I said it was entertaining to see them GET so wound up as they have no argument. There were posters just responding shouting THEY'RE DERAILING THE THREAD/THEY'RE TRYING TO SHUT DOWN THE THREAD.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114756985&postcount=4703

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114756695&postcount=4683

It was over the top and very transparent and I found it funny. This infraction should be revoked.
    What was more insidious was the assertion that mods spring into action when a post is reported and don't read surrounding posts for context. I don't believe that. Further, the blackface/retard meme is still on the thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114757281&postcount=4713

Responding to a claim that homosexuality isn't natural and the verbal diarrhoea of the argument shut-down Trumpism Kool-Aid and the use of the term 'the blacks' I said:
    Not surprised the thread has descended into racism and homophobia now also.

Terrible to see such things printed in Ireland in 2020.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114760796&postcount=4769

The mods sprung into action again and thread banned me for stating the bleeding obvious.

It's not acceptable to say what Jaxx said:
    HETEROSEXUALITY IS THE DEFAULT

How would animals breed if everyone was gay?? Life is about survival.

For animals, that means reproduction.

HOW CAN YOU REPRODUCE WITHOUT MALE AND FEMALE??

Are most people hetero or bi? Umm,

NO SH*T SHERLOCK!

This claiming that homosexuality is a death cult.

Myself and other poster have sustained personal attacks on the thread and have a tough enough skin but it's clear if its the other way around its actionable.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114757400&postcount=4721

I was called a danger to society for calling out racist terminology
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114760889&postcount=4787

It then descended into well the well worn if black people can say xxxxxx so can I. Is that what Boards is defending?

When I challenged them on comments made about 'two-spirit' people, I was accused of all sorts. They stated that an idigenous person stating they are 'two-spirit' would not get any, they refuse to allow people to self-identify even ones with proud histories like 'two-spirit and hijra'.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114757151&postcount=4710

Finally, the Moderator banned me from the thread and said he'd clean it up. I have seen no evidence of this.

In the exchange that resulted in my ban I was the only one publicly banned, very revealing in itself.

Do you ever change the mods around?

The posters in the thread also admitted that they are safe to post, not to be muzzled with certain mods. This is a sad reflection on Boards.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114770527&postcount=4909

I think my first infraction was a wrong interpretation of what I said.
    The thread ban was for continuous trolling but no evidence of that can be furnished.
    Calling people out on their views is not trolling. Screaming that a thread will be derailed is trolling and spamming but none of the posters who aligned with the 'the blacks/the retards' style of engagement were banned publicly.

If the mods were unbiased then these infractions wouldn't have happened.

I come here for baking and shopping and advice but seeing the JK Rowling/TERF **** on the front page everyday is disgusting and off-putting.

Just like Trumps shout out to the Proud Boys last night which resulted in encouraging them to be even more antagonistic online the posters on the thread stepped up their vitriol after my ban and now are using the word retarded in other contexts because the mods condoned it.

While it's an informal use of retarded it's still considered offensive.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114777071&postcount=5048

Lastly I would like to draw to your attention that people post with abilities and you should be cognisant to all capabilities and provide reasonable accommodation. I did your request to post in one post but my memory may blank and I may have to add, I ask not to be penalised for this but for accommodation for my age and capabilities.

Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ok calm down.
    I am dealing with your appeal. That is all. I am not looking at any other posts. Report any that you take issue with and the mods will assess them.
    The moderator then sprung into action and actioned that post because they interpreted it as You are admitting to winding up other users

Great. Now we are getting somewhere. So your claim is that the moderator misinterpreted your post.
    That may or may not be the case but that is the reason for the first step in the DRP. Therefore at this point given the clarifications and explanations I have laid out above I want to invite you to reengage with the moderator (who is a volunteer by the way) and explain why it was misinterpreted. If you can do this in a civil manner and it fails then we can move onto step 2 of this process.

When you are discussing with him please keep to the issue at hand rather than firing walls of text at him. He will not discuss other posts or posters at this point either nor will he (or I) engage you in a discussion about Donald Trump or your views on Harry Potter authors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ok calm down.
    I am dealing with your appeal. That is all. I am not looking at any other posts. Report any that you take issue with and the mods will assess them.

Great. Now we are getting somewhere. So your claim is that the moderator misinterpreted your post.
    That may or may not be the case but that is the reason for the first step in the DRP. Therefore at this point given the clarifications and explanations I have laid out above I want to invite you to reengage with the moderator (who is a volunteer by the way) and explain why it was misinterpreted. If you can do this in a civil manner and it fails then we can move onto step 2 of this process.

When you are discussing with him please keep to the issue at hand rather than firing walls of text at him. He will not discuss other posts or posters at this point either nor will he (or I) engage you in a discussion about Donald Trump or your views on Harry Potter authors.

That’s a very disingenuous post.

I did engage. I posted the exchange here. Of course you’re going to say it’s uncivil do it again because you are on a power trip. He chose not to engage. End of.

Can you point me to where I expressed my views on a Harry Potter author in the last week?

I’m not here to sort out Boards if the mods want it full of racist, transphobic bile that’s your problem.

If someone keeps shouting at you incoherently and hysterically about kool aid I am going to question the source of this immature phrase.

I’m sorry if the job is too much for you but as volunteers I’m sure you can hand over the reigns to someone qualified and look at a more diverse pool.

Ok I tried.

Card upheld. Please let me know if you want to goto an admin review

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

No need, OP has had their account closed and anonymised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement