Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter Club Leagues

Options
  • 28-09-2020 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi guys,

Currently in the process of getting back into racing and training after a few years away and just wondering is there any clubs in the North Kildare/South Meath area that have their own club leagues? I lived in another area of the country when I was doing it before.

Hoping I could join a give that a go for 2021 before getting back into bigger events. Whether it’s a league within a club or a couple of clubs joined together.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

In normal times Clonard, Donadea Wheelers and Team 905 (Edenderry) run a summer league, I don't think it happened this year though.

Not sure what happens further east.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

jalock20 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Currently in the process of getting back into racing and training after a few years away and just wondering is there any clubs in the North Kildare/South Meath area that have their own club leagues? I lived in another area of the country when I was doing it before.

Hoping I could join a give that a go for 2021 before getting back into bigger events. Whether it’s a league within a club or a couple of clubs joined together.

Thanks!

Lucan, Blanch, South Dublin, St. Tiernans and another club that I can't remember normally runs a16/18 night club league from about Easter onwards. Have to be a member of those clubs to take part. Usrd to be a member of Lucan and the ICL was really well run with lots of different routes used for the races.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I think Carlow and a few others run a league in Kildare, about 10 races each summer but you'll have to message them.
    Lucan, Blanch, South Dublin, St. Tiernans and another club that I can't remember normally runs a16/18 night club league from about Easter onwards. Have to be a member of those clubs to take part. Usrd to be a member of Lucan and the ICL was really well run with lots of different routes used for the races.
    20 races actually, one of the biggest closed leagues in the country AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

CramCycle wrote: »
    I think Carlow and a few others run a league in Kildare, about 10 races each summer but you'll have to message them.

AFAIK

Carlow, Naas, Newbridge, Kildare, Kilcullen,Acorn, Athy, Unlaoised and Ossory in that league, club members only I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

nilhg wrote: »
    In normal times Clonard, Donadea Wheelers and Team 905 (Edenderry) run a summer league, I don't think it happened this year though.

Not sure what happens further east.

Ya, I'm with Clonard. We've had an inter club league for the last few years but obviously that's on hold this year. Prior to that we always held our own league. It usually runs from the end of April to September, approximately every second Thursday. No problem with guest riders from other clubs taking part.

• Advertisement
Advertisement