Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurbed iPhone 8 - website recommendations?

Options
  • 29-09-2020 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum but am looking for recommendations of sites to purchases a refurbished sim free iPhone 8?

Can't justify splashing out for an 11 version so looking at 7, 7+, 8 and 8+.

Probably will go with 8 but would appreciate any tips on sites to avoid etc.

Thanks

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Can you stretch to an SE? They're €490 and have the guts of the iPhone 11 just smaller screen/battery/TouchID instead of FaceID and a few other minor differences. It's identical to the iPhone 8 in all physical dimensions but it's much more capable and future proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Look on the refurb section of the UK Apple website as they do phones but the Irish site does not. £339 (€372 using Revolut) and get it delivered via Parcel Motel (€3.95 delivery and €3.50 for extra insurance) giving a total of €380 with the peace of mind knowing that it is a proper Apple refurb product and a proper warranty.

I got my son's phone this way back in June. Very straightforward.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Pigsback sell refurbed iPhone 8s for about €280.

My Dad was going to buy one recently, but forked out the extra for the 2020 SE in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

Thanks for replies. I was hoping to stay around the €300 mark.

Do you think that there is limited longevity with the iPhone 8 in light of the newer models?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

M007 wrote: »
    Thanks for replies. I was hoping to stay around the €300 mark.

Do you think that there is limited longevity with the iPhone 8 in light of the newer models?

yeah it's a 3 year old phone at this point, and it's quite an old design (5 years) admittedly the SE is the same design but at least it has decent specs inside.

There's nothing wrong with the 8 don't get me wrong, but you may only get 2 years of software updates which is good for the phone but since you're buying it 3 years into its life time you're missing out a little imho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement