If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50" TV

Options
  • 29-09-2020 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a recommendation on a 50" TV. I'm looking for a centre stand and with stand, can't be higher than 740mm. Thinking of LG 50un81006LB for general viewing and light gaming. Or is there a better alternative in the price range?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

TheDriver wrote: »
    Looking for a recommendation on a 50" TV. I'm looking for a centre stand and with stand, can't be higher than 740mm. Thinking of LG 50un81006LB for general viewing and light gaming. Or is there a better alternative in the price range?
    Hi TheDriver,

Thanks for the post!

The LG is a great TV and would give a great picture! I would also recommend the Samsung UE50TU8500 however this one is too high at 764mm!

For the specifications and dimensions you're looking for I think the LG would be your best bet as the other 50" TVs are either coming in a bit taller or with two legs for a stand instead!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Hi TheDriver,

Thanks for the post!

The LG is a great TV and would give a great picture! I would also recommend the Samsung UE50TU8500 however this one is too high at 764mm!

For the specifications and dimensions you're looking for I think the LG would be your best bet as the other 50" TVs are either coming in a bit taller or with two legs for a stand instead!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David. If i was to manage to do a tv table move and no longer restrict the height, is the samsung 8500 better? Or the philips 7805 as legs aren't too far from the centre? Or is the LG as good?

Hi TheDriver,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David. If i was to manage to do a tv table move and no longer restrict the height, is the samsung 8500 better? Or the philips 7805 as legs aren't too far from the centre? Or is the LG as good?
    Hi TheDriver,

I think the Samsung would have quite a similar panel to the LG but would be better for smart features. The Philips I think would give a better panel as not only will it support Dolby Atmos (the LG and Samsung don;t) but it also uses a local dimming panel! The smart features wouldn;t be as good but I think the Philips would give a better picture!

Kind regards

David

Hi TheDriver,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi TheDriver,

I think the Samsung would have quite a similar panel to the LG but would be better for smart features. The Philips I think would give a better panel as not only will it support Dolby Atmos (the LG and Samsung don;t) but it also uses a local dimming panel! The smart features wouldn;t be as good but I think the Philips would give a better picture!

Kind regards

David
    Apologies TheDriver, I meant it will support Dolby Vision!

Thanks for all the info which has put a spanner in the works. After reviewing the info, I'm going to be a pain and reassess as I hadn't considered a Philips which seems to have a better panel. 
    We mainly use a firestick so the smart functionality in a TV is just netflix. And the 55" 7805 will physically fit as it seems to have feet that are close to centre (I can only find one website that says they're only 700mm apart but the pictures make that measurement look correct) and lower overall height. 
    So basically, will I regret a 55" philips 7805 at this price point? Changing from a txl47et60b i bought from you.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the info which has put a spanner in the works. After reviewing the info, I'm going to be a pain and reassess as I hadn't considered a Philips which seems to have a better panel. 
    We mainly use a firestick so the smart functionality in a TV is just netflix. And the 55" 7805 will physically fit as it seems to have feet that are close to centre (I can only find one website that says they're only 700mm apart but the pictures make that measurement look correct) and lower overall height. 
    So basically, will I regret a 55" philips 7805 at this price point? Changing from a txl47et60b i bought from you.
    Hi TheDriver,

I don't think you'll be disappointed!

In terms of panel I think the Philips is the better bet simply for the local dimming and the Dolby Vision support which is quite rare at that price point!

The Panasonic ET panels were amazing but with the addition of 4K now I think you'll get a lot more out of the new Philips!

Kind regards

David

Hi TheDriver,

In terms of panel I think the Philips is the better bet simply for the local dimming and the Dolby Vision support which is quite rare at that price point!

The Panasonic ET panels were amazing but with the addition of 4K now I think you'll get a lot more out of the new Philips!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David. I've ordered that now. What's the lead time to Cork?

Hi TheDriver,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David. I've ordered that now. What's the lead time to Cork?
    Thanks for the order TheDriver!

Our lead time is usually 3-5 working days to Cork but please let me know if you have any issues with the delivery!

Kind regards

David

Delivery was 2 days, delighted with the TV. I never considered a philips but it's a fabulous picture and at the price point, I'm very impressed. As you stated, the menu and smart is clunky compared to LG etc but overall, excellent TV.
    Thanks again RS.

Delivery was 2 days, delighted with the TV. I never considered a philips but it's a fabulous picture and at the price point, I'm very impressed. As you stated, the menu and smart is clunky compared to LG etc but overall, excellent TV.
    Thanks again RS.
    Hey TheDriver.

Thanks for letting us know the TV has arrived and that you are happy with its picture quality :)

Now you can sit back and enjoy some movies or some sports.

Again thanks for the business.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.