Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Triathlon Calendar

Options
  • 29-09-2020 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I’m looking to do my first triathlon next year and have registered with TriAthy. However I’d like to do one or two Try a Tri events prior to that to get a feel for the whole thing. I’m struggling to find any info on anything for next year, for obvious reasons but there doesn’t seem to be any historical lists anywhere either that I could use as a reference to what may be on.

Anyone have any idea where or who hosts Triathlons in early May?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

davegilly wrote: »
    Hi folks

I’m looking to do my first triathlon next year and have registered with TriAthy. However I’d like to do one or two Try a Tri events prior to that to get a feel for the whole thing. I’m struggling to find any info on anything for next year, for obvious reasons but there doesn’t seem to be any historical lists anywhere either that I could use as a reference to what may be on.

Calendar, at the best of times, doesn't come out until the end of the year.

My 2c is there won't be any races next year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

tunney wrote: »
    Calendar, at the best of times, doesn't come out until the end of the year.

My 2c is there won't be any races next year either.

bar Hardman maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

Hi folks

Too early yet for full race calendar yet. I've posted a link to the major events which were transferred from 2020.
    I know lough cutra have a few shorter options. Normally held on last weekend in May. Think 1 of them is a 400/20/5 race

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Hi folks

Portlouise pool tri
    Joey hannon pool tri
    And carlow open water
    And nenagh tri pool tri
    Are the ones to look out for

While I don't quite share Tunney's sentiments I would agree that I would not bet my house on pool tris and races over 500 people next year in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

The major events calendar is out there. TI have asked clubs and race organisers to submit applications for more races to be added. I think there is a demand for races but as mentioned large races/events are going to be a problem. I reckon even 500 participants is being optimistic. We’ll see lots of smaller capacity races happening... hopefully.

To the original poster, there’ll be races in May before Athy (a big event), and duathlons in winter, jump in on the sprint distance events, it’s not as bad as you think :-)

Advertisement