Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Pay Cash function through iMessage

Options
  • 29-09-2020 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207886

Has anyone managed to activate this or is it available in Ireland?

Using iOS 14 on iPhone 11 and can't see an option. Got a request from someone in Ireland to pay through this as they don't have revolut, so somewhat confused :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207886

Has anyone managed to activate this or is it available in Ireland?

Using iOS 14 on iPhone 11 and can't see an option. Got a request from someone in Ireland to pay through this as they don't have revolut, so somewhat confused :confused:

Line 1: Be at least 18 years old and live in the United States.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Line 1: Be at least 18 years old and live in the United States.

I copied a link from the US site so it would be clear as to what I was referring to, obviously it will say this on the US site.

Dunno if you read my full post, I am making payment to someone in Louth who has it, or claims to and I don’t know why they would make it up.

There’s a few old threads here from users who report seeing the function appear on their phones.

Also, the likes of the following article.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/apple-pay-cash-3666611/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

That Macworld article only speculates that it will be available outside the US "soon" (and that was in 2018). Despite the headline, it doesn't actually tell you "How to use Apple Pay Cash in the UK". Only how you would use it if it were available.

Apple simply haven't made it available outside the US yet, and there's no way around that. I'm speculating, but I assume there's regulatory hurdles to climb. The article in your OP says US only, not because it's a US article, but because that's the only place it's available.

If you set your Apple ID region to the US, you'll see the function appear, but when you try to use it, it won't work, because there's no back-end support for your non-US bank account.

Maybe yer man in Louth is an American who doesn't realise it's not available outside the US, or maybe they just think it's an option here and don't realise that it's not. But unless he's planning on only selling to an American, he's out of luck demanding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 chapterthree

This function is still only available in the USA

Advertisement