Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

return of title deeds

Options
  • 29-09-2020 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

We recently paid off our residential mortgage. What is the process for getting back the title deeds from BOI?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

homeOwner wrote: »
    We recently paid off our residential mortgage.  What is the process for getting back the title deeds from BOI?
    Hi HomeOwner,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

To retrieve this deeds, it would be best to send a written instruction to Burlington Plaza, Burlington Road, Dublin 4 to ask to have the deeds released. This request must be signed and once the letter is received by the team, the property deeds will be sent to you by registered post.

We hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

tphase wrote: »
    unless you particularly need them, leave them where they are. At the moment you have free secure storage - if you get the deeds back, you will have to find your own secure storage which will cost
    Piggy backing off this thread some. Have recently paid off my mortgage with BOI and was looking to request the title deeds as a nice thing to have and for a feeling of completion etc. But on reading around including this thread, I can see there is no real advantage to having them, and all you really do is inherit the responsibility of securely storing the paperwork against the threat of fire/theft, and to be fair I trust BOI are more capable of this than I am myself.
    Is there any advantage in getting your title deeds? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

darlett wrote: »
    tphase wrote: »
    unless you particularly need them, leave them where they are. At the moment you have free secure storage - if you get the deeds back, you will have to find your own secure storage which will cost
    Piggy backing off this thread some. Have recently paid off my mortgage with BOI and was looking to request the title deeds as a nice thing to have and for a feeling of completion etc. But on reading around including this thread, I can see there is no real advantage to having them, and all you really do is inherit the responsibility of securely storing the paperwork against the threat of fire/theft, and to be fair I trust BOI are more capable of this than I am myself.
    Is there any advantage in getting your title deeds? 
    Hi There, 

Thanks for joining the thread. 

Congrats, it's a great achievement :)  

As you correctly mention they are securely being kept for you and you can request these anytime you need to. 

At the moment, they're in a secure location. Once you've the documents sent to you, the owner of deeds would need to  source a secure independent way of the storing these going forward. 

Hoping the above helps a little, 

Many thanks
    Alison 

Advertisement