Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking visit Rotunda how long?

Options
  • 29-09-2020 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how long the booking visit at the Rotunda lasts?

I have an appointment at 7.30am. I received a new job offer today so I am trying to book the time off (I know I am entitled to go to these appointments but do not wish to tell them at this stage, haven't even got a contract yet).

Is it a half day? or a whole day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 spike90

Hi Glut,

Congrats first of all. I presume this is your 12 week apt? I have attended NMH myself, but here's my two cents : It's a good thing is you are booked in early, my experience is things run a lot smoother in the mornings so I usually request early appts, as backlogs accumulate throughout the day. You'll probably be no more than 2 hours, all going well - Check-in, quick consultation with nurse, bloods, urine, ultrasound and booking follow up visit.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

Thanks very much - it's the 12 weeks appointment yes. Two hours would be fine, I was imagining 5 or 6 hours waiting around.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

glut22 wrote: »
    Thanks very much - it's the 12 weeks appointment yes. Two hours would be fine, I was imagining 5 or 6 hours waiting around.

Hi Glut22,

Second time going public in the rotunda. My booking appointments both times were at 7.30am, on my first pregnancy I was out by 9am. This pregnancy I was delayed because I had to see a doc for high BP so was a little after 10am but that was unusual- annoyingly I had done half the appointment over the phone a few days prior this time cos of covid (this was back in May) so it should have been quicker but anyway point being it moves quite swiftly once you’re checked in. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lauras91

Hi, I had my 12 week appointment a few weeks ago in the Rotunda. It took about 2 hours, but midwife did comment that it was unusually busy (it was a Wednesday afternoon).

Feel free to DM me if you've any questions & best of luck with your appointment & new job!

Advertisement