Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic insurer?

Options
  • 29-09-2020 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I’m looking to get a quote on a 2002 Golf Cabriolet. Can’t remember the name of the Northern Ireland based broker that does classic insurance. Anyone help please ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Its autoline, but 20 years is their minimum age for cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭homingbird

If its not your only classic they might listen to you also try the IVETA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭2011abc

Im sure its been asked a bazillion times but is there any way of getting an 89 hot hatch insured as a stand alone daily driver ?Im 50 ,full Irish ,loads of NCB etc

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

2011abc wrote: »
    ... is there any way of getting an 89 hot hatch insured as a stand alone daily driver ?Im 50 ,full Irish ,loads of NCB etc

Very unlikely, if you do manage to find a company to take you on, you'll pay through the nose for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Im sure its been asked a bazillion times but is there any way of getting an 89 hot hatch insured as a stand alone daily driver ?Im 50 ,full Irish ,loads of NCB etc

Allianz had no issue transferring my policy to an older car - needed proof of NCT. That might not be the case if you're new business though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

kdevitt wrote: »
    Allianz had no issue transferring my policy to an older car - needed proof of NCT. That might not be the case if you're new business though.

transferring, yes, but I'd say you're unlikely to get new business quote for something that old.

I certainly couldn't for an 06 Clio - hardly earth-shattering stuff.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

Yes why not? I have a '95 insured as a daily with AXA.

I have been with AXA for twenty years and I always shopped around but never moved and I never have issues insuring anything. They reward customer loyalty!

€411 for three cars on a classic policy worth about €40k with agreed value and €350 for my '95 Merc E200 with the missus on all cars. Loyalty pays!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

For what it's worth I have just insured on a standard policy a 2002 Astra 1.8 convertible with AXA for €487 fully comp, the car is new to me and new business with AXA.
    I also tried Liberty and the AA and they were coming in around the €500 mark.
    I'm 50 and a full NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

hi5 wrote: »
    For what it's worth I have just insured on a standard policy a 2002 Astra 1.8 convertible with AXA for €487 fully comp, the car is new to me and new business with AXA.
    I also tried Liberty and the AA and they were coming in around the €500 mark.
    I'm 50 and a full NCB.

Well, 53, full NCB, 06 1.2 Clio and they're quoting me €529.

My 996 costs me less tbh.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement