Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD CTR scores - just for fun

Options
  • 29-09-2020 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭

Hi all

With the new CTR software out for AMD CPU - overclocking and undervolting for free , I thought it would be fun to post before and after values. No values manually changed in the program.

3600X

Before
    Cinebench 3517
    Voltage 1.381 V PPT 90.1W Temp 66.4C

After
    Cinebench 3584
    Voltage 1.25V PPT 72.8W Temp 59.9C

Not a massive boost in Cinebench but less power use has to be good. Will tinker with it some more later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Might run the CTR at the weekend, so here is a before. Might be interesting to see how much variation there is from chip to chip if we get enough of the same model. Even for out of the box performance.

527847.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's a pretty significant drop in power consumption and temps. Maybe show your per core speeds as well?

Did you set up LLC setting for the motherboard as instructed in the tutorial?

Maybe add your motherboard to the list as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

My voltage went down but my wattage and temp went up :confused:

3600 on MSI Tomahawk B450 Max

Before
    Cinebench: 3325
    Voltage 1.305 V PPT 88W Temp 67.4C

After
    Cinebench: 3770
    Voltage 1.275 V PPT 91W Temp 71.7C

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ryzen 5 3600X
    MSI B450 Carbon Pro AC WiFi

3574 -> 3671
    Disappointing, think I must have LLC wrong or something.

MWLWeWg.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

it's only ment for zen2

• Advertisement

Ah I think I get it now.

Undervolting is where the real advantage lies.

nB2iDVC.png

2.3% performance loss but 16% less power draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    it's only ment for zen2

I haven't seen anyone in this thread use it with anything else?

YNPMAOK.png

Whacking up the voltage to 1300mV finally got me over default scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I honestly have no idea where it can improve on my well tuned 3600 running 4.25Ghz 1.18v. CB20 score is 3910, drawing in full AVX 90W of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Its a bit hit and miss. I've run it three times now with three different results and the best was still worse than what I got myself manually. It reckons 4.75 and 4.5 on each CCX at 1.25v. I've had no issues running 4.5 all core at the same voltage. Power draw only dropped by a watt as well. I'll stick to manual.

• Advertisement

.G. wrote: »
    Its a bit hit and miss. I've run it three times now with three different results and the best was still worse than what I got myself manually. It reckons 4.75 and 4.5 on each CCX at 1.25v. I've had no issues running 4.5 all core at the same voltage. Power draw only dropped by a watt as well. I'll stick to manual.

What kind of workloads were you using to test stability of your manual OC though?

Just gaming. That's all I need. If its stable for that its stable. It keeps changing its mind on which CCX is the stronger of the two as well. It said I have a platinum grade chip too but looking at the scores here my highest is a way off some, 3670!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Diagnostic returned "Bronze" and recommended 3850 @ 1.175volts for undervolting. Tried that and was stable yesterday but unstable today. Getting "change LLC" messages as attached but can't find any sensible explanations of what the BIOS options are for gigabyte - "Auto" and "Turbo" are recommended by 1usmus but changing that isn't changing the vdroop. 1st run with "Auto" didn't complain about vdroop at all.

Have a replacement mobo and PSU on the way as I've had to RMA one set of memory and not convinced there isn't a problem with the board/cooling. New PSU will mean I can re-situate it in the case with a right angled power cord, and the B550 will run cooler VRM's. Should have a cooler board, more ventilation over the CPU and then I'll be happier to RMA the CPU if I need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I have a Gigabyte board too, X570 Aurous Elite, with the LLC on Auto the program was telling me to increase my LLC and with it on Turbo, I was getting worse results and the program was calling for me to lower my LLC. Will post the current settings later on. Also seeing a weird bug that sets the current frequency of the chip at 6200 before frequency when I use the diagnostic function first.
    Have also seen my processer listed as platinum and as bronze too so the software might have a few gremlins in it yet.
    Which is grand as its a pretty impressive bit of kit.

I've an x570 Aorus master. I set the LLC to Turbo and had no warnings about it during the diagnostics and testing.

I will try again and see how it goes

Version 1.0.3 is out now , not sure if you guys are using it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cinebench R20 Score : 7767

Ryzen 9 3900x @ 4.5ghz - 32GB Ram - GTX1060.

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Version 1.0.3 is out now , not sure if you guys are using it or not.

I was anyway. Version 1.1 is out next week. Will give that a try.

Advertisement