Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone selling?

• 29-09-2020 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all
    I'm looking to buy a mountain bike but there isn't much available at the moment with part shortages etc. Was hoping to buy new but would settle for one in good condition. I want to get full suspension ideally. Would consider both 27.5 and 29er carbon. Dungarvan based

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

KingPuck wrote:
    Hi all I'm looking to buy a mountain bike but there isn't much available at the moment with part shortages etc. Was hoping to buy new but would settle for one in good condition. I want to get full suspension ideally. Would consider both 27.5 and 29er carbon. Dungarvan based

Check with some local clubs, maybe clonmel mtb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

Whats your size and whats your budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

^^^^handy for facebook users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ^^^^handy for facebook users

There's a 50/50 chance :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭KingPuck

crosswords wrote: »
    Whats your size and whats your budget?

I'm 6ft so large I'd say. I'm a 56 on a road bike. Will spend 2-3k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

KingPuck wrote: »
    I'm 6ft so large I'd say. I'm a 56 on a road bike. Will spend 2-3k

There's a Giant Reign Advance Pro 29 2 2020 going in my club for 2800
    Size L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Wailin

The GAP are taking deposits on their used 2020 nukeproof mega bikes, they announced on Facebook.

Wailin wrote:
    The GAP are taking deposits on their used 2020 nukeproof mega bikes, they announced on Facebook.

What kinna money?

They didn't say.

OKAY FOLKS.

We are now taking deposits on our (soon to be) Ex-rental Nukeproof 2020 mega comps!
    . . . . .
    All bikes come fully serviced with new brakes and are in perfect mechanical order.👌
    . . . . .
    Range of sizes from Small to XL and both 27.5" and 29" wheel size.
    . . . . .
    €100 deposit required to secure your bike. Balance of payment required in 2-3 weeks upon collection of bike.
    . . . . .
    Email lisa@thegap.ie with your details 📧
    Price given on enquiry.
    . . . . .
    #nukeproofbikes #thegap #mtb #mountainbiking #mtblife

If I had of known I would have held off buying the vitus.

• Advertisement

Wailin wrote:
    If I had of known I would have held off buying the vitus.

Vitus are a lovely machine, it ll put many a smile on your face, maybe your next buy could be an ex rental, enjoy it, and thanks for that

The vitus is a great package, absolutely. But from what I'm learning so far, and the type of tracks I enjoy most, I think an enduro style bike would have suited me better than an all mountain. All part of the learning curve of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Bot1

Wailin wrote: »
    The vitus is a great package, absolutely. But from what I'm learning so far, and the type of tracks I enjoy most, I think an enduro style bike would have suited me better than an all mountain. All part of the learning curve of course!

What trails are you riding that you feel the Vitus is lacking?

I'm just finding the seating position a bit too upright and more towards the handlebars. I think I'd feel more comfortable with a slacker set up and a slightly longer reach. I do know what I'm comfortable with...you don't have to be an expert to be able to judge that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wailin wrote: »
    I'm just finding the seating position a bit too upright and more towards the handlebars. I think I'd feel more comfortable with a slacker set up and a slightly longer reach. I do know what I'm comfortable with...you don't have to be an expert to be able to judge that.

Play around with the cockpit before you do anything drastic. Shorter stem, riser handlebars, offset seat post could all change the feel and help getting it set up that works for you.

I have already. I've moved the saddle back and adjusted handlebars and it's a lot better. Also made the shocks a bit more plush so it feels more stable. I'm loving the bike but will probably move on to a slacker build in a few months.

Advertisement