Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season- Week 4 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm worried 'backup' Nick Foles used all his powers last week and now we're just left with 'starter' Nick Foles, who is a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'm worried 'backup' Nick Foles used all his powers last week and now we're just left with 'starter' Nick Foles, who is a lot worse.

There's a simple solution, start trubisky every week, who is only ever good on the first drive, then put in the back up after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,001 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well at the half it’s the colts by 7 but as was said the bears have had only 27 offensive plays so it’s hardly a winning formula. Don’t worry bears fans once foles gets going with more than 27 plays in a half he’ll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Washington are leading the NFC East with a 1-3 record. Mental!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well at the half it’s the colts by 7 but as was said the bears have had only 27 offensive plays so it’s hardly a winning formula. Don’t worry bears fans once foles gets going with more than 27 plays in a half he’ll be fine.

Well to be fair we'd have more plays if he had made several key passes but two things bigger than foles going wrong are the penalties (especially fuller with the pi and Patterson's ridiculous unsportsmanlike conduct) and Charles leno being a revolving door.

On the plus side I will never ever get tired of watching khalil mack, he's just the business.

• Advertisement

The eight games in the early window were higher scoring and entertaining and the three late window games aren’t lighting the world on fire.

Well to be fair we'd have more plays if he had made several key passes but two things bigger than foles going wrong are the penalties (especially fuller with the pi and Patterson's ridiculous unsportsmanlike conduct) and Charles leno being a revolving door.

On the plus side I will never ever get tired of watching khalil mack, he's just the business.

Is that the left tackle ? Yeah there was a play where the colts player just walked past him.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Maybe the Bears offense could start by not running it on first down.

Is that the left tackle ? Yeah there was a play where the colts player just walked past him.

The very man.

Yeah the run has been terrible all day. More generally we're really missing the versatility if tarik Cohen. I think of him as a bit of a gadget player sometimes but you do not the little bit if unpredictability he brings.

• Advertisement

I can't say I know the catch rule but the replay made it look like a catch by Robinson. Whew.

Still doing it. Why?!

Matt Nagy is being exposed so far. For the first 2 years the eexcuses for his poor playcalling was that he was limited in what he could call because Mitch could not grasp his playbook.

Mitch is gone but he's still calling a terrible game against a good defense. He has no answers.

Daniel Jones throws an int to ice the game and rams will get the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭letowski

Matt Nagy is being exposed so far. For the first 2 years the eexcuses for his poor playcalling was that he was limited in what he could call because Mitch could not grasp his playbook.

Mitch is gone but he's still calling a terrible game against a good defense. He has no answers.

I feel like Foles looks rusty and out of sinc.

The Bears front 7 has been outstanding, I haven't seen the Colts o-line been as beaten these last 3 seasons. Colts have had what 8 negative plays. We don't have the playmakers/receivers to make plays down the field.

I'm nervous enough Colts can see this out.

A huge 3rd and 1 and he hands it off to a WR turned RB. The line got dominated so Monty probably would not have got there either but holy f*ck, Nagy. What are you doing.

letowski wrote: »
    I feel like Foles looks rusty and out of sinc.

The Bears front 7 has been outstanding, I haven't seen the Colts o-line been as beaten these last 3 seasons. Colts have had what 8 negative plays. We don't have the playmakers/receivers to make plays down the field.

I'm nervous enough Colts can see this out.

As long as Nagy keeps playing three dimensional chess when he needs one yard on third down and comes up with the most exotic backfield shenanigans I've seen all night, the colts will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭letowski

As long as Nagy keeps playing three dimensional chess when he needs one yard on third down and comes up with the most exotic backfield shenanigans I've seen all night, the colts will be grand.

I hope so lol. This is a real quagmire of a game. Rivers has been desperate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

This is what I've come to expect from Foles again and again when he isn't on one of his short 'hot streaks. To think the Bears could have had Cam for nothing but went the Foles route.

It’s not just Nagy that’s guilty of that though. Maybe it’s just me but this being too clever by a head coach is baffling. Surely you play what’s in front of you and not over play what’s in front of you. The old saying of you take what the defence gives you comes to mind. This Colts and bears game has been poor enough btw. The bills look to be going to 4-0.

• Advertisement

It’s not just Nagy that’s guilty of that though. Maybe it’s just me but this being too clever by a head coach is baffling. Surely you play what’s in front of you and not over play what’s in front of you. The old saying of you take what the defence gives you comes to mind. This Colts and bears game has been poor enough btw. The bills look to be going to 4-0.

Funnily enough as you posted that the colts showed how to play a fourth and one. By banging it through.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    To think the Bears could have had Cam for nothing but went the Foles route.

It's in line with every single QB decision Pace has made since arriving in Chicago: The wrong one.

And the raiders turn the ball over. There was a soft enough penalty against the raiders for lowering the helmet and I understand the league wants to get that out of the game but surely it’s the deliberate stuff and not the stuff that happens as part of the game.

Funnily enough as you posted that the colts showed how to play a fourth and one. By banging it through.

Shock horror that the obvious tactic works.

Shock horror that the obvious tactic works.

Well he would never make it in the bears organisation, where being the cleverest fcuker in the room is valued above all else

Oh, looks like we can bang it up the middle. The game just has to be over first.

So did the Washington team lose today ? I didn’t see that final score but the eagles win tonight(we can dream) and that tie may help us. It could be a mess though.

Also, the cowboys are a falcons Brain fart away from being 0-4 with the giants in the NFC east. I wonder how Jason Garrett is feeling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The guys look like they are raging about wearing masks in the commentary box

• Advertisement

Al and Chris have to wear masks in the commentary booth by order of Santa Clara.

Advertisement