Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Package delivery

Options
  • 29-09-2020 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks

I have a large office chair I need to return to Amazon UK. I can send the part back with any carrier, when I check DHL they allow drop offs in An Post, but there is a maximum size they can take.
    The chair will not be dismantled, instead it will be bagged and wrapped. When I check a few carriers they charged €150-€200.

Does anyone know of depots that from any delivery company that could take a large office chair?

Preferably in around D3.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Can you not get a prepaid returns label off Amazon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

it's probably cheaper to take the loss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Did the office chair come in a smaller box and was assembled,and not returned the same way?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depending on where in the UK it has to go to, one of the many Polish/Lithuanian chaps who regularly drive vans from Ireland to 'home' might take it. They charge by the kilo usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Would it make more sense to sell it? Have somebody pay you to take it way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

If it is being returned faulty, then Amazon should give you a label and it can be collected by An Post and sent to their returns centre in Portlaoise.

But ideally it should be dismantled and then it would fit into a box below the maximum size.

Sending it "bagged" means it cannot be stacked and also nothing can be stacked over it, and you'll be paying a lot extra because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mr.S wrote: »
    UPS or FedEx will collect from your house. Although with the size, it's likely to be expensive.

Why not return via AnPost?

Expensive, very, they will charge you for the extra size over the actual weight plus they won’t accept an item like that just bagged. It would need to be completely crated or boxed someway so the chair that will be loaded into a freight container won’t be able to shift and damage other freight or get damaged itself by other freight moving in transit.

Advertisement