Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a case for this build

Options
  • 29-09-2020 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭

Fed up of the consoles, going to go back to PC for the first time in 15 years. Going to wait for the new Ryzen Zen 3 CPU's and an Nvidia 3070 or AMD equivalent... vanilla enough thereafter.. decent quality PSU of some description, 16 or 32gb of fast ram (probably use as a productivity machine running some VMs for work from time to time).. nvme drive for OS, biggest drives I can get for everything else.

... so what sort of case (without paying silly money) would I get for this.. I am thinking mid-atx maybe like that NZXT 510 or something like that. Maybe a Corsair Carbide Series 275R ?

Going to start collecting bits here and there between now and the new year (when I might have a better chance of getting the CPU and GPU I want)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Phanteks P400A comes in RGB and non RGB flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lilan Li Lan Cool 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I started buying fractal design several years back and haven't looked back. Their build quality is amazing. They run very quiet and filter almost all dust. Not dirt cheap, but worth the price tag 80-120 depending on model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

ballyargus wrote: »
    I started buying fractal design several years back and haven't looked back. Their build quality is amazing. They run very quiet and filter almost all dust. Not dirt cheap, but worth the price tag 80-120 depending on model

2nd that re dust and build quality. I have one of thier cases 6 years in almost daily use and the inside is spotless (my house is very clean but still).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

New ryzen will go to dell hp first so expect 6-12 month wait also nvidia 3070 will be in short supply for a year expect bots to buy up what's not sold to dell hp etc also and is bringing out new cards hopefully they will not hAve driver issues like last ones nvidia has capacitor problems on new cards as it's oem partners are using cheap capacitors causing failures 3080 and 3090 asus is using the good capacitors in it's gpu card but I have never seen asus gpu card Tom's hardware is good for reviews for cases cards cpu etc

Computer parts get cheaper on December then price go up in January
    Gpu prices should fall soon as amd and nvidia bring out cheap and faster cards than old ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Give the be quiet 500DX a look, too.

Mid-sized, great looking, can fit huge air coolers & comes with 3x 140mm fans.

Advertisement