Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed account, charged 'UNPOSTED FEES'?

Options
  • 29-09-2020 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently closed my account, and on looking at my final statement I have been charged €9.40 in 'UNPOSTED FEES'. It came with a sheet showing these are calculated by the fees for direct debits, automated credits, and a €5 'maintaining the account fee' apparently.

- Firstly, I believe the account maintained a balance above €3k at all times, so I should not have been charged for transaction fees.

- Secondly, I was charged the 'maintaining the account fee' in addition to €5 'CURRENT ACCOUNT FEES'. I assume this is an error and you aren't double charging.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Burkey2k0,

Thanks for your question today on Boards.ie.

These would likely be fees due to be charged on the account before it was closed. To check on why these were charged, it would be best to link in with our customer service team on 0818365365, one of our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you.

The €5 maintenance fee would be charged on all personal current accounts. This would be charged in addition to the transaction fees on your account.

We hope this helps. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭thebo

Hi

On another post a representative stated that fees below €50 would be waived on account closure.

Can you clarify on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

thebo wrote: »
    Hi

On another post a representative stated that fees below €50 would be waived on account closure.

Can you clarify on this?
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Prior to submitting a request to close your account the account balance must now be zero for this to be processed and for the account to be successfully closed.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Prior to submitting a request to close your account the account balance must now be zero for this to be processed and for the account to be successfully closed.

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

So are the fees waived or not?

Also if I close my current account can I still access and do sepa transfers with my savings account on 365 online?

I read post where said that once current account is closed you can't access 365?

Can you clarify please

Thanks

Hi There,

We hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

So are the fees waived or not?

Also if I close my current account can I still access and do sepa transfers with my savings account on 365 online?

I read post where said that once current account is closed you can't access 365?

Can you clarify please

Thanks
    Thanks for getting back to us here today. Fees are waived when closing your account.

Depending on the type of savings account you have will depend on whether or not this can be managed on Banking 365 online.

If you are paying directly into the account by direct debit this would generally be considered as a term notice account and it would be necessary to have a current account to view this account online.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting back to us here today. Fees are waived when closing your account.

Depending on the type of savings account you have will depend on whether or not this can be managed on Banking 365 online.

If you are paying directly into the account by direct debit this would generally be considered as a term notice account and it would be necessary to have a current account to view this account online.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Thanks for reply

I can already do sepa transfers on my savings account. So does this mean it should be accessible on 365?

I don't pay into my savings account with direct debit.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Thanks for reply

I can already do sepa transfers on my savings account. So does this mean it should be accessible on 365?

I don't pay into my savings account with direct debit.
    That's correct if you can transfer from your savings account to another account online through banking 365 then you should have no issues with viewing and managing the savings account online once the current account is closed.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well.

Thanks Jen

That's correct if you can transfer from your savings account to another account online through banking 365 then you should have no issues with viewing and managing the savings account online once the current account is closed.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well.

Thanks Jen

Thanks Jen for your help

Advertisement