Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gand from Ballymun descends on Swords with Knives and Baseball bats

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Proper journalism there, "a source" "the source" "a source".

Anyway, probably BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

dublin live the equivalent of an online rag with an even worse standard of copy and paste journalism

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭NuttyMcNutty

Cycle from Ballymun to swords?, ye be bolloxed when ye get there ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I like the way they imply Ballymun and Swords are next door to each other.....

Inquitus wrote: »

Reading that article hurt my head. Somebody needs to go back to journalist school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Reading that article hurt my head. Somebody needs to go back to journalist school.

"Back to" implies they went there before which I wouldn't assume with that clickbait outlet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Its about 8km, thats nothing, very easily cycled

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Its about 8km, thats nothing, very easily cycled
    Mmm, "50 kids" on bikes on the road, "armed to the teeth" and nobody noticed? They'd need to know the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Dublin Live is a rag and the way they report things is shocking!

That said, I live near enough to Thornleigh/Applewood and it was mentioned by one of the neighbours that there was a large group of young lads around who seemed to be looking for trouble on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Meanwhile the idiots involved are sharing the article around on WhatsApp and thinking they're bleedin' deadly. This kind of nonsense already seems like such a big deal when you're a teenager that crappy sites making a big deal of it and using words like "war" and claiming people were fleeing in terror, will only encourage them more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Once underage(18), nothing will be done....free to do as they please.

But any caught over 18 should be given min 15 year jail time...Zero tolerance Should not be tolerated by society but is.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

seamus wrote: »
    Meanwhile the idiots involved are sharing the article around on WhatsApp and thinking they're bleedin' deadly. This kind of nonsense already seems like such a big deal when you're a teenager that crappy sites making a big deal of it and using words like "war" and claiming people were fleeing in terror, will only encourage them more.

Looks like the usual lack of parental control that will end with somones son being stabbed to death. Stupid beyond belief but the cosequences will be everlasting

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

For a country where baseball is played by a tiny minority, I'm always amazed that so many undesirable people are armed with baseball bats. Where are they getting them? I've never seen them for sale in any sports shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,582 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ballymum not known for its baseball heritage, I call bollox.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I don't know where they were from, but there were a lot of reports on the Rivervalley Facebook page about a gang of about 30 on bikes. They apparently ended up in the petrol station opposite Airside and stole whatever they could before running out and cycling away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

For a country where baseball is played by a tiny minority, I'm always amazed that so many undesirable people are armed with baseball bats. Where are they getting them? I've never seen them for sale in any sports shop.

Just guessing....

Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Yeah thousands of baseball bats sold, no actual baseballs. ( Maybe there's some other name for them)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I live on Northside of Dublin city. There is a green in front of the house.

One summer night about 4.30am I heard a noise outside. It was just getting bright.

There was a group of about 30 young men cycling through the green, on their way to do the things that people do when they visit housing estates at 4.30am.

On a side note ...these people give cyclists a bad name. Groups of this type are often described as 'cyclists', when they are in fact 'thugs', as opposed to Sam Bennett wannabe's.

Advertisement